28th September 2017, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

What should I study after 10th standard to become a fashion designer?

Hi, I am saba and I want to become a fashion designer but I am very confused that what should I study after 10 to become a fashion designer? Can you please provide me with the details on this? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thank you!

29th September 2017, 08:14 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study after 10th standard to become a fashion designer?

If you want to pursue fashion designing course and right now pursuing in 10th std, then you can choose either diploma or 12th.

For appearing in entrance examination conducted for admission in fashion designing course the required eligibility is candidate must have passed 12th in any stream.

The age limit to appear and required aggregate varies with examination.

Some of the best institute to pursue fashion designing course is NIFT, Symbiosis, Amity university etc.
29th September 2017, 08:24 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should I study after 10th standard to become a fashion designer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am saba and I want to become a fashion designer but I am very confused that what should I study after 10 to become a fashion designer? Can you please provide me with the details on this? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thank you!

As you want to become fashion designer and studying in Xth, then you must go for 10+2 first in Any stream (i.e Arts, Commerce, Science etc.), because after 10+2 there are various good courses available for you to go for further studies in fashion designing field. Here below are details regarding course available for you after completing 10+2:-

Courses for Fashion Designing after 10+2:-

1) B.SC Fashion Designing.

2) B.A Fashion Desinging.

3) BFD (Bachelors in Fashion Designing).

4) B.Des in Fashion designing.

>> Duration of bachelor’s degree courses in fashion designing is 3 years.

>> To apply for above mentioned bachelors degree courses in fashion designing minimum qualification required to apply is 10+2 in any stream from government recognized institute.

>> After having bachelors degree in fashion designing you can become fashion designer.
29th September 2017, 08:54 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

For fashion designing course you should be 12th pass from a recognised board of education

You can apply for entrance exam conducted by institutes to get admission into fashion designing courses.

You must have attitude towards fashion designing then only you can make a good career in it.

So just complete your 12th and apply for admission into a good institute offering a graduation course in fashion designing.
29th September 2017, 09:07 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

To become Fashion Designer, you should pursue 10+2 with Science stream and your subjects should include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

When you will appear for board exam, you can appear for National Institute of Fashion Technology entrance examination. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam of 10+2 will be required to apply for this exam.

Through NIFT entrance exam, you can pursue Bachelor's degree in Fashion Technology.
29th September 2017, 09:14 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

after 10th a candidate is eligible to do diploma in fashion designing course but I would suggest you to complete your 10th standard in any discipline from a recognised board and after that you can join any degree course in fashion designing as per your choice. There are many institutes as well as entrance exams such as NIFT, NIFD, SOFT.
29th September 2017, 09:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that after 10th you cannot join fashion designing degree course because for that you have to pass your 12th standard in any discipline from a recognised board to join a degree course in fashion designing and as well as I would suggest another thing for you to qualify the entrance exam if you want to take admission in reputed Institute of our country like NIFT, NIFT, etc.
29th September 2017, 11:11 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For becoming Fashion Designer, you can pursue any stream after 10th standard to become Fashion Designer.

Arts, Science or Commerce stream candidates are eligible for becoming Fashion Designer.

So, you can choose any stream for becoming Fashion Designer.

For getting admission in reputed Fashion designing institute, you can apply for NIFT exam.

NIFT exam is gateway to national level fashion technology institutes for pursuing graduation and post-graduation courses in fashion designing.
30th September 2017, 05:23 PM
sapphire1

As you have done 10th class then you are eligible to apply for a diploma in fashion designing. You need minimum 50% marks in 10th class. There are many streams in fashion designing.

Here are some courses in fashion designing:

Fashion design
Leather design
Textile design
Fashion Communication
Accessory design
Knitwear design
retail
Footwear design

So, you can choose any of the course and after that, you can do a degree course in the same field. There are many job options for you after degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?