8th March 2018, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

What kind of benefit I will get to study B.Tech in IIT-BHU if pursuing 12th Science in BHU?

Sir, I am studying in 12th class in Banaras Hindu University. I am studying in Science. After my 12th I want to do B.Tech in IIT-BHU. So, what benefit I get as I am a student of BHU?

12th April 2018, 07:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of benefit I will get to study B.Tech in IIT-BHU if pursuing 12th Science in BHU?

You won't be getting any special kind of benefits as you are the student of BHU School.
Same rules and criteria will be applied to you as well.
In order to pursue B.Tech from IIT-BHU, you must have to complete your class 12th examination studying Science stream with PCM as a subject combination from a recognized University. Candidates must have scored a minimum 75% of marks in class 12th examination. Then, candidates must have to qualify in the IIT-JEE examination, qualifying in which they can apply for admission to study B.Tech from IIT-BHU.
13th April 2018, 12:51 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of benefit I will get to study B.Tech in IIT-BHU if pursuing 12th Science in BHU?

There is no special relaxation for candidates pursuing in BHU in 12th to get admission in IIT- BHU.

Admission in IIT-BHU is conducted only after qualifying in Main and Advanced stage of JEE.

So, you have to qualify in both stages for final selection and to get admission in the B.tech course.
13th April 2018, 03:57 PM
ranu shahi

As per the rules of BHU there is no any special case is existing.
You are recently pursuing higher secondary education from BHU but to get admission in IIT- BHU you have to clear entrance test.
You must have to write IIT-JEE entrance exam to get admission. As well as no chance of direct admission.
13th April 2018, 07:31 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the benefits which you can get for admission in IIT BHU being a student of Class 12th in BHU i.e; CHS ( Central Hindu School ) then I would like to let you know that there is no special provision for students of CHS for admission in IIT BHU and hence you have to appear and qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) held by CBSE for getting admission in BHU IIT similar to any other IITs.

For more details regarding JEE, you can log on to its official link i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
13th April 2018, 10:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There are no benefits for you to get admission in IIT BHU, because admission is through JEE Main and Advanced. Class 12th marks will be crucial, hence make sure you have got excellent marks.

Only merit can help you get admission in the said institute for B.Tech course. Just make sure you take benefit of any reservation, if you belong to reserved category.
13th April 2018, 11:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is no special relaxation for candidates of BHU to get admission in B.Tech course in the university.

Admission in the B.Tech course is conducted on the basis of IIT JEE. Candidates have to qualify for both stages and have to secure good rank to get admission in stream of their own choice.
14th April 2018, 01:33 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, but according to me, you will not get any type of privilege in the admission in IIT-BHU for B.Tech course after being a student of BHU of 12th standard. To get admission in IIT-BHU, you have to qualify JEE Advanced examination and also must have secured at least 75% aggrgate in 12th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?