25th June 2017, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

What to do, if Principal deny admission to my son in science stream due to grades?

My son has got 7.8 CGPA in tenth and also he wants to take PCM but Principal has deny for getting PCM to him with reason of his grade in math and science in FA and SA is B1 grade. So, tell me that is he eligible to take PCM stream which such grade or CGPA marks and also please give any ref according to law /CBSE/RTE/SARV SIKSHA ABHIYAN. So, that we can show him.

Related Questions:
26th June 2017, 04:06 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What to do, if Principal deny admission to my son in science stream due to grades?

Every school has its own criteria for admitting students in science stream.
If marks of your son's class 10th result doesn't match to the criteria required to opt for science stream in a particular school, then no problem, you can apply for the same stream in other school.There are many good schools available in which you can apply for his admission by verifying eligibility criteria.
26th June 2017, 06:13 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: What to do, if Principal deny admission to my son in science stream due to grades?

I am sorry to say that if the marks of your child does not match with the minimum admission criteria of the school, your child will not be granted admission in that particular school in science stream, you cannot take any legal actions also against the school.

The best thing you could do is to request a bit and even after that if you are not being able to succeed, you can admit your child in some other school in science, I am sure some or the other school will provide admission to your child to study further in their institution.
27th June 2017, 10:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If school has a criteria for admission, then you need to fulfill that for admission. They will not modify the criteria for a single student. Hence, you don't have much options.

All you can do is, look for admission in some other schools, which have a lower cut off grades for admission.
29th June 2017, 05:20 PM
Madison.

Every school has it own eligibility criteria for admission in science/commerce/humanities stream and if your son's grades are not fulfilling the criteria then it is not possible to get admission in that particular school. I am really sorry but you cannot take any legal action against the school authority regarding this issue.
There are many other schools where your son will satisfy the eligibility criteria for science stream and can easily get admission with physics, chemistry and maths.
29th June 2017, 11:12 PM
Vaishali@1998

You can't force the principal to accept your child as student in 11 with PCM with 7.8 CGPA in 10 class. The admission criteria on the basis of 10 class score is different in every school. It may be against rules of school to accept your child in PCM with 7.8 CGPA. But now there are lots of school. So check the admission criteria of other reputed school and which fits to your child, apply for that.
30th June 2017, 12:53 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Every school have own criteria for offering admission of candidates different stream in 11th stream due to limited number of seats.

So, you cannot do anything if your school is not offering you stream of your own choice on the basis of grade point.
2nd July 2017, 12:03 PM
BhargaviRane

There are many students with low grades and want to appear for sci Pcm stream try in other colleges. It is allowed to put forms in more than one colleges at one time. Maybe name won't come in first list but in 2 and 3 list there are possibilities of your to come.
3rd July 2017, 04:25 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Mainly its totally depends upon the school. As every school has its own criteria of admission. if your son really wants to take PCM in class 11th so he has to try for admission in another school. It may be possible that he will get admission. But CBSE does not define these type of rule.
If a student is pass in all the subjects of class 10th than he or she can take admission in class 11th with these subjects.
Schools have their own rules and regulations . If in a school there less number of seats in particular stream than they apply these type of rules. If your son will try in any other school where the number of seats are available than he will get admission in pcm.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?