14th June 2017, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission for science stream after scoring 74 percentage in SSC?

Am I eligible to get admission for science stream after scoring 74 percentage in SSC? Can you please give me the details on this? What is the minimum criteria followed? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the information soon on the same. Thank you!

15th June 2017, 10:50 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for science stream after scoring 74 percentage in SSC?

Yes, you will be eligible to get admission in science stream after passing 10th from a recognised board.

The minimum required qualification to get admission in science stream is candidate must have passed 10th from a recognised board.

There is no minimum required aggregate to get admission in science or other stream as according to any recognised board.

Other than this candidates have to qualify in entrance test or get shortlisted in merit list of selected students in school in which s/he want to get admission.
15th June 2017, 11:34 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for science stream after scoring 74 percentage in SSC?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Science stream after scoring 74% marks in 10th board examination. The minimum criteria to get admission in 11th standard is that candidate must have passed board examination of tenth standard.

The percentage requirement for admission in 11th standard varies from schools to schools. Top schools of any board generally admit candidates with 90% or more in board exams. But average schools which are affiliated to same board give admission to candidates in different streams with less percentage of marks also.
15th June 2017, 02:55 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission for science stream after scoring 74 percentage in SSC.

Candidate must have passed 10th class with at least 60 to 70% from a recognized board.

SCIENCE STREAM SUBJECTS

1. Non Medical = Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics

2. Medical = Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

As per your percentage of marks in your 10th class i think you will definitely get admission in good school.
15th June 2017, 04:08 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 10th i.e; SSC ( Secondary School Certificate ) with 74% marks you are certainly eligible for pursuing Science stream or any other stream of your liking for your higher secondary school degree as officially there is no rule or marks requirement for distribution of stream and the selection of stream for further studies is completely dependent of student's personal strength and interest and hence any student having cleared his Class 10th can opt for his desired stream for their further academics.

Meanwhile I would also like to let you know that certain institutes do have some standards i.e; marks requirement or they conduct admission test for distribution of stream for admission in their institute.
15th June 2017, 06:10 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in science or any other stream of your choice.

There is no bar on selection of stream for candidates on basis of board aggregate. But, due to limited seats in various school they make a minimum required aggregate for admission in particular stream.

Most of the schools even conducts entrance examination for offering admission in various stream.

So, you have to visit the school in which you want to get admission for more details.

But, you have scored an average aggregate so, there is chance of getting admission in science stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?