21st November 2015, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

What should i do after my schooling for being a Surgeon?

My name is siddhesh. I was a student of a convent school from the starting of my school. My performance was not so good but doing hard work in 10th i had able to score 72.36 percent. Now i had apply for science field and my goal is to become a surgeon. What should i do to achieve it?

21st November 2015, 05:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should i do after my schooling for being a Surgeon?

For surgeon you have to complete MBBS after class XII. You must take Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects to become eligible for medical entrance exam. You should make sure that you score above 50% marks in your class 12th to become eligible for most of the medical entrance exams.

Admission in top medical colleges is only possible when you perform excellently in the exam with a top rank. Colleges are allotted based on your ranking through counselling. So, study well and try to perform well in the PMT.
22nd November 2015, 12:20 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should i do after my schooling for being a Surgeon?

First of all you will have to complete your MBBS degree from any University recognized by Medical Council of India, after that you will have to obtain a MS degree in General Surgery to practice surgeon.

After that if you wish you can opt for specialization in surgery. Now, the eligibility for MBBS is mentioned below, kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility for appearing in entrance examination:

1. Candidate must have passed +2 level of exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as their compulsory subjects

2. Candidates who are appearing for the +2 level of exam are also eligible for the test.

3. Minimum percentage required in +2 examination varies from Institutes to Institutes, however, in most cases a minimum of 50% marks is considered

4. The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years at the the time of applying for the examination.

Following are the list of Medical Entrance Exam for MBBS programs in India:

1.All India Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Examination - AIPMT Exam

2.All India Institute of Medical Sciences - AIIMS Entrance Exam

3.Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences - AIMS Medical Exam

4.Delhi University Medical-Dental Entrance Test - DUMET

5.Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Science - MGIMS Medical Entrance

6.Manipal Pre Medical Test - Manipal PMT

7.Banaras Hindu University Medical Entrance Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?