20th April 2016, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to study LLB after completion of 12th Commerce?

Hello,
I am Sourabh and I want to ask a question on study LLB course. I would like to know that after class 12th Commerce in RBSE Board what is the next step I will take to join LLB course?

20th April 2016, 09:13 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to study LLB after completion of 12th Commerce?

To pursue LLB or Bachelor of legislative law, the minimum criteria is that the candidate has to be passed graduation course such as B.A/B.Com/ B.Sc with atleast 40% marks from a recognized university.

After completion of class 12, pursue graduation course in the filed of B.Com. After passing graduation, appear for entrance examination conducted by respective colleges.

The most common entrance examination is Common law admission test (CLAT).
20th April 2016, 09:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required to pursue LLB course basically varies. LLB (Bachelor of Law) is basically an undergraduate law course. The basic qualification required is as follows.

>> If you pursue LLB through CLAT Exam:

If you opt to write CLAT (Common Law Aptitude Test) in order to pursue LLB course, then the minimum qualification required is just 12th Class.

>> If you pursue LLB through NON CLAT or based on concerned organizations Entrance Test:

In this case, the minimum educational qualification required is "Bachelor Degree" like B.A/ B.Com/ B.Sc with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.

Important Note: If you want to do LLB through CLAT, then you are required to give CLAT Exam first. Based on the score that is obtained in CLAT you will be getting seat in any of the participating Law Universities. On the other side, through NON CLAT you are required to pursue Graduation in order to be eligible for doing LLB course.
21st April 2016, 02:37 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to opt for LLB, you will have to appear for CLAT entrance examination. You can fill up the form online and after clearing the examination, you will be allotted the names of colleges, you are capable of getting admission in, depending upon your score in entrance examination.
21st April 2016, 03:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of legislative law and it is bachelor degree course after pursuing which one moves towards becoming a lawyer.

--> Basically on the basis of duration of course, LLB courses are of two types which are as discussed below :-

I) LLB course of three years, for those who are interested in pursuing the same course after their graduation.

II) LLB course of five years, for those who are interested in pursuing the same course after their intermediate degree course.

So being a 12th passed student you are eligible for pursuing the LLB course of five years and for pursuing the same from any of the NLUs ( National Law Universities ) or good universities you have to clear CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ) and for appearing in the same examination you must have the qualifications given here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 20 years. Further age relaxation of 2 years is applicable for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with a minimum of 45% aggregate from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 5% is applicable for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

For more details regarding the same examination you can refer to the official link of CLAT i.e; www.clat.ac.in.
21st April 2016, 08:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for entrance exam like CLAT for admission in LLB after class 12th. Admission will be based on the performance in entrance exam and seats will be allotted on the basis of counselling.

Just make sure that you have score at least 50% marks in class 12th board exam which is the minimum criteria for most of the law entrance exam.
21st April 2016, 11:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue LLB 5 year degree course after completion of your class 12th in any discipline from recognised board you have to qualify the entrance exams known as Common Law Admission Test, Law Admission Test, all India Law Admission Test etc. You should have minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories in class 12th.
21st April 2016, 11:37 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you want to make your carrier as a layer then after 12th you have to apply for the LLB course

The duration of the course is 5 years after 12th

The minimum marks required for the purpose of applying to 50% for a general category and 45% for SC, ST, OBC categories

CLAT( Common Law Admission Test) is required to give as a entrance exam for applying LLB after 12th.
22nd April 2016, 12:40 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

After completing class 12th, you have to pursue a Graduate degree course in any of the discipline. After completing Graduation, you are eligible for the LLB course.
To opt LLB course you have to appear in the CLAT entrance examination, qualifying in which you can study LLB course.
22nd April 2016, 01:08 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am Sourabh and I want to ask a question on study LLB course. I would like to know that after class 12th Commerce in RBSE Board what is the next step I will take to join LLB course?
The aspirant should study the graduation course (like B.A or B.Com) first after 12th standard. Because the eligibility to study the LLB course is a pass in any graduation with 45% marks from a recognized university. There will be an entrance examination for the admission to the course like CLAT. The duration of the course is 3 years. After graduation, you have to apply to the Law Colleges for the admission to the LLB course. The course is available in many Law Colleges in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?