23rd November 2016, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

What subjects to take after 10th standard to become a pilot in future?

I want to became a pilot and I am in 10th standard so what should I do after completing my 10 standard exam and I am a female? Can you please tell me which subject to opt next to get the admission for pilot in future? Awaiting for the response.

25th November 2016, 11:10 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subjects to take after 10th standard to become a pilot in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to became a pilot and I am in 10th standard so what should I do after completing my 10 standard exam and I am a female? Can you please tell me which subject to opt next to get the admission for pilot in future? Awaiting for the response.

One can take Mathematics, Physics and English subjects along with other subjects in 10+2, to become a pilot in future. One has to get trained as a pilot through a Commercial Pilot Training course. The course is eligible for the candidates who have passed higher secondary or 12th standard with a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and Physics. The admission will be done through an entrance examination in some institutions. One has to be fit to fly physically and mentally. So you can take the group in which you can study Physics and Mathematics.
25th November 2016, 04:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subjects to take after 10th standard to become a pilot in future?

For becoming a pilot, you need to study physics and maths at class 12th level. Hence, you must opt for PCM stream in class 11th, if your aim is to become a pilot. Being a female, you can apply for Indian air force only after graduation for flying branch through CDS and AFCAT.

You can study graduation in subject like engineering, physics and maths to become eligible for CDS and AFCAT for pilot job. You also need excellent eyesight and there is a separate test which is called PABT, which you need to pass.
25th November 2016, 04:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to make your career as a Pilot after the completion of class 10th, first of all you must have to opt Science stream in class 11th. Under Science stream, you must opt Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject combination to proceed towards your career of Pilot.
25th November 2016, 04:34 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

For being a pilot you have to get a Student Pilot License (SPL) first. For that you have complete your intermediate in science stream with the subjects including Physics and Maths. After that you have to register yourself in a recognized flying club by DGCA. After that you have to face 4 level training. Thanks
25th November 2016, 08:10 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is no such specific subject for in +2 level of standard in order to become a Pilot in future, you should just have to opt for Science in your +2 level and should have scored a minimum of 60% in aggregate.

You will have to either opt for JEE(Main) examination or you should have to opt for NDA examination in future in order to become a pilot in future.
25th November 2016, 10:36 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

It is great to see that you want to become a pilot.

If you can really work hard for it, then Maths and Physics are going to get you through. They are very important and compulsory subjects for the flying course. You need to study them in as vast as possible in the schooling.

If you want to be a pilot in the Indian Air Force, then there are chance for you.

There are two exams namely, CDSE and AFCAT, details of which are as follows :

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.

AFCAT stands for the Air Force Common Admission Test.

It is the test conducted by the India Air Force twice the year for the recruitment of Engineers as the officers in the IAF.

According to the notification released by the IAF, the eligibility criteria is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the Engineering (BE/BTech) from any stream.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your Engineering degree.
27th November 2017, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Which all subjects should I take after 10th for becoming a pilot in the future? Maths, physics and what else ?
2nd January 2019, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10 I want to become a loco pilot so what should I study after my board exam whrer to go how to do ???
26th July 2019, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

What are the subject that I should choose to become pilot in future.
1st November 2019, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

What stream should I take in 11th to become a pilot
a)csc with maths(phy chem maths csc)
b)bio maths(bio,chem,phy,maths)
13th November 2019, 11:46 AM
Quiz Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What stream should I take in 11th to become a pilot
a)csc with maths(phy chem maths csc)
b)bio maths(bio,chem,phy,maths)
The stream that you wanted to choose depends on your interest as the condition for becoming a Pilot is that you should take Physics and Maths in your Intermediate irrespective of other subjects.
15th November 2019, 09:08 AM
EduXpert

Physics and maths are two subjects which are important for the Pilot job. So, make sure you have studied PCM stream in your class 12th in case you are interested in this field.

For fighter Pilot job you need to apply for exams like NDA after class 12th and for Commercial Pilot training you need to take admission at an institute offering such course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?