15th June 2015, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Whether NIOS and CBSE are same or not? If not, then which is most preferrable?

Whether NIOS and CBSE are same or not? If not, then which is most preferrable?

18th June 2015, 12:42 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether NIOS and CBSE are same or not? If not, then which is most preferrable?

No they are not same. They are two different boards in India. NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education.

CBSE is a central board while NIOS is a National Open board. They are different from each other in all aspects. CBSE offers regular classes while NIOS not. Also study pattern of both the boards are different from each other. Both are recognized board and both are valid in India.

Now if you want to choose one among them then i advise you to choose CBSE. As CBSE is a regular board thus you will get much more things to learn which you neglect in NIOS. So, my recommendation is CBSE.
18th June 2015, 04:55 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether NIOS and CBSE are same or not? If not, then which is most preferrable?

No, NIOS and CBSE board are not same as NIOS is a open school board which has got less preference then CBSE board on another hand CBSE board is a Delhi based board and has got more preference then NIOS board as it is a private school board. So it is preferable that you go for CBSE board.
18th June 2015, 07:48 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, NIOS and CBSE are not same. CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education and NIOS stands for National Institute of Open school. These two CBSE and NIOS are educational boards, CBSE offers education in Regular mode and whereas NIOS offers education in Distance mode i.e., Open Schooling. It is best to opt for CBSE Board as it offers regular mode of education and also if you pursue your studies from CBSE Board, you can gain more knowledge when compared to NIOS Board.
18th June 2015, 02:00 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, CBSE board and NIOS are not same. CBSE board is a regular board and the students who have joined under this board should attend the school, but the students who have joined under NIOS board can study from their home. And the syllabus for both CBSE board and NIOS board is same, which is designed by NCERT. But, I suggest to join in CBSE affiliated school, because some colleges does not offer Bachelor's course for the students, who are from NIOS board.
18th June 2015, 04:48 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

CBSE stands for central board of school education. On the other hand, NIOS stands for National Institute of open Schooling.

CBSE conducts regular course but NIOS conducts only open/distance course.

Both board are recognized board. In NIOS for clearing 10th, you can take some 7 subjects and in that you need to clear minimum 5 or 6 (Not sure). There are projects which adds up in your final marks, which makes your passing very easy.

CBSE is most preferable.
19th June 2015, 12:08 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

No, NIOS(National Boardof Open Schooling) and CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education) boards are not same. The two boards have lots of difference between them. CBSE is Nationally recognized and have good reputation all over the Nation. NIOS is recognized by the Govt of India. CBSE offers the Education in regular mode and NIOS is offering the Education in open schooling mode.

CBSE Board is most Preferable then NIOS Board. Most of the Institution in India prefers regular mode of schooling then open schooling mode.
19th June 2015, 06:26 PM
reconnect

NIOS and CBSE , they both are not same, they both are different board of INDIA.
As NIOS stands for NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLING.
In NIOS the classes are not held on the regular basis.
CBSE stands for CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY SCHOOL. In CBSE classes are held on regular basus and properly.

So, CBSE board is most suitable.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?