23rd March 2013, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

How can I join merchant Navy after passing 12th?

How can i joint merchant navy on the basic of 12th std and wht is the procedure plz plz plz tell very much intrested in joining . . . .

4th May 2013, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I join merchant Navy after passing 12th?

me 12 pass aur treaning complet ho geya kya me avi joint kor sakta hu?
6th May 2013, 08:09 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Maths then it is possible to apply for job in Merchant Navy. However my suggestion would be that you should continue with the studies and complete graduation.

If you apply for job after 12th you will become deck cadet. However if you applied for job in Merchant Navy after completing graduation there will be officer level jobs available for you.

These jobs pay well and come with additional perks which you will enjoy. It includes bringing your spouse on the trip. Therefore I will suggest you to continue with studies and apply for either Marine Engineering or the B.Sc Nautical Science.

Eligibility

1. 12th standard should be completed with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

2. Your age should not be more than 20 years.

3. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

4. Only unmarried candidates can apply. This rule is enforced on both Male and Female candidates.

Direct Entry

If you are not interested in Marine Engineering or Nautical Science then apply for the job of deck cadet in some company. If the company selects you, the next step would be 3 months long pre sea training. Generally the company itself arranges this course for the selected candidates.

Apart from Marine Engineering you can also do B.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical/Technology and apply for the job in Merchant Navy. You will have to first appear for the 9 months long pre sea course in Marine Engineering from the MERI.
7th May 2013, 10:55 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Fried.................

If you want Join in Merchant Navy first you can crack for NDA examination

NDA - Stands for National Defence Academy

This Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice i.e.

NDA - I

and

NDA - II

NDA have three wings i.e.

Indian Air Force

Indian Army

Indian Navy

Required Eligibility Criteria for NDA EXamination

Educational Qualification

Candidates must have a 12th standard with PCM (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics) subjects from any recognized institution

There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

Candidates age should between 16.5 years to 19 years

There is no age relaxation for this examination

Nationality

Candidates should be a citizen of India

Marital Status

Candidate should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

Written Examination

Medical Test

Personnel Interview

Physical Standard for NDA Examination

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?