27th April 2013, 05:07 PM
vijay94413

Am I eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.tech in 5 years?

Hello sir good evg....
i am vijay i completed my b-tech in 5years i am eligible for IES exam please tell me sir

4th June 2013, 10:19 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.tech in 5 years?

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service Exam and this exam is conducted by Union public Service Commission for every year If you apply this examination you should be have this eligibility Criteria and This commission recruit only this four Category of student's only there are

>>>Civil Engineering
>>>Mechanical Engineering
>>>Electrical Engineering
>>>Electric And Telecommunication Engineering

Eligibility:

--> The basic eligibility criteria for IES is that you must have completed your graduation from a recognized university.
--> Even final year graduates can also apply for IES but they must make sure that if selected they must be able to submit all the documents at the time of joining.
--> The age limits for this examination is between 21 years to 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.
--> As per Govt.rules age relaxation is provided for 5 years for candidates belonging to Ex-Servicemen and SC/ST category (35 years).
--> Similarly age relaxation is for 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category (33 years).

Examination Pattern of IES Exam:

General English / General Studies
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering

The selection procedure for recruiting in the Indian engineer, based on the following examinations conducted by the union public service commission they include.

Preliminary Examination,
Main Examination,
Interview.

Apart from first conducted the preliminary examination containing the objective types questions and this exam will containing the general ability test divided in to 2 parts such as part A - general english and part B -general studies and paper 1 and 2 questions from your engineering course.

The notification will be published in the month of February and applicants must be applying by the end of march which is before the last date, with the exam being conducted in the month of June.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?