10th August 2013, 01:18 PM
instra raja

Can I apply for IES after pursuing B.E degree in the stream of instrumentation engineering

I am persuing my B.E degree in the stream of instrumentation engineering.can I apply for IES keeping my option as electrical engineering.....!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
  2. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering? -- [New]
  3. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  4. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  5. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  7. Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?
  8. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing BE in Instrumentation Technology?
  9. Can the candidates of Instrumentation Engineering apply for IES Exam?
  10. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  11. Which branch to apply for IES after engineering (instrumentation and control)? How to get the application forms?
  12. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  13. List of Core Companies to do Training being a candidate pursuing BE in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  14. Can I apply for IES after instrumentation and control engineering from Pune University?
  15. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  16. Am i eligible to apply for IES exam while in final year of instrumentation engineering?
  17. Can instrumentation engineers apply for IES exam?
  18. Can a B.Tech ECE student apply for IES exam? Should I apply online or offline for the exam?
16th September 2014, 12:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES after pursuing B.E degree in the stream of instrumentation engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by instra raja View Post
I am persuing my B.E degree in the stream of instrumentation engineering.can I apply for IES keeping my option as electrical engineering.....!
Since you are an Instrumentation Engineering student you can choose electrical engineering subject for your written exam.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination

If you have completed Bachelor Engineering Degree course, then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination, but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from these. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years.
OBC =3 years.
PWD =10 years.
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years.

Best Books for IES for Electrical engineering:-

Ies Electrical Engineering Objective Paper-1
by
Trump,Gates
Publisher: Arihant Books

UPSC Engineering Services Exam: Electrical Engineering (Previous Years' Papers Solved) Up-To-Date PB
by
R Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House-delhi (2005)

I.E.S. Electrical Engg. (Topic Wise Solved Papers)
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

UPSC IES Engineering Services Examination Electrical Engineering (Solved Papers)
by
Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2010)

For more information about IES exam, you can visit to the official website http://upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?