2nd July 2013, 02:37 PM
Amar kore

Can I apply for AFCAT exam after studying in last sem of BSc Physics?

I am studying in last sem of B.sc.(Phy.).Can i apply for AFCAT exam?

17th August 2013, 12:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for AFCAT exam after studying in last sem of BSc Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar kore View Post

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

AFCAT is an Entrance test conducted for Selection of candidates in defence sector various branch of Indian Air force(Flying, ground, Technical).

For Applying Flying Branch A candidate must have completed their Graduation degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) From Recognized Universities.Your age should be between 19 to 23 years.

For Applying Technical Branch of AFCAT A candidate must have Completed Their Graduation Degree in Aeronautical Engineering either in Electronics or in Mechanical Engineering are eligible for this post .Your age should be between 18 to 28 years.

For Ground Duty Branch , a candidate should have completed at least their Bachelor Degree can apply here .Your age should be between 20 to 25 years.

You are in last semester of B.Sc in Physics so you are applicable for AFCAT exam but you can apply only Ground Duty Branch .

I have attached the syllabus for AFCAT exam so please check it out .This syllabus help you very much .

For more details about AFCAT notification , You can visit to http://careerairforce.nic.in/
Attached Files
File Type: doc AFCAT Syllabus.doc(24.5 KB, 55 views)
17th August 2013, 03:58 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for AFCAT exam after studying in last sem of BSc Physics?

hai,

AFCAT stand for Air Force Common Admission Test

This exam is conducted for candidates to join in Indian Air Force.This exam is conducted for 3 branches in IAF and they may include such as:
If you satisfied these qualification then you are eligible for this exam.

Flying Branch
Technical Branch
Ground Duty Branch

For writing this exam the candidate need to satisfy certain eligibility conditions for the respected branch and they may include such as:

Flying Branch:

Education:

The candidate must have the B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks.

The candidate should have a age limit of 19-23 years.

Technical Branch:

Education:

The education qualification for the branch is that the candidate must have done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
The age limit for joining in this branch is that the candidate must have 18-28 years of age

Ground Duty Branch:

Education:

The candidate must have the PG or Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.

The candidates who wish to apply for this should be between 20-27 years of age.

regards...santhosh.........

all the best.............
17th August 2013, 06:45 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "AFCAT" stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. This Test is conducted for the selection of candidates in the following branches of the Indian Air Force :

** Flying Branch

** Technical Branch

** Ground Duty Branch.

The Eligibility Criteria for the AFCAT Differs with the post and is mentioned below :

## Educational Qualifications :

>> For Flying Branch : The candidate must have completed either B.Tech or B.E. from any recognized college/university.

>> For Technical Branch : The candidate must have completed either Aeronautical Engineering in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering from any recognized college/university.

>> For Ground Duty Branch : The candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

Candidates in final year of graduation can also apply for this branch.

## Age Limitations :

>> For Flying Branch : 19-23 yrs

>> For Technical Branch : 18-28 yrs

>> For Ground Duty Branch : 20-25 yrs

## Nationality :

>> The candidate must be a citizen of India. OR,

>> A Subject of Nepal. OR,

>> A Subject of Bhutan.

## Physical Standards :

>> The Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

So , as you are in last semester of B.Sc Physics , so you are eligible to apply for the AFCAT Exam but only for Ground Duty branch.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
18th August 2013, 12:54 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar kore View Post
Yes you are eligible to sit for the AFCAT Examination.

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. This exam is conducted by the Indian Air Force for the following courses in various IAF branches:-
  • Flying Branch
  • Technical Branch
  • Administrative and Logistics Branch
  • Medical Branch
  • Education Branch
  • Accounts Branch
Eligibility criteria of Flying Branch:-

For this branch you need to be a graduate with 60 percent aggregate from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Eligibility criteria of Technical Branch:-

For this branch you must be an engineer or studying in final year of engineering from recognised university with 60 percent aggregate in all papers. AMIE and IETE students can also appear for this exam.

Your age should be between 18 and 28 years.

Eligibility criteria of Ground Branches:-

Ground branch includes Administrative & Logistics branch, Accounts branch and Education branch.

Administrative and Logistics branches:- This exam is open for graduates with 60 percent aggregate marks or post graduates with 50 percent aggregate marks.

Accounts branch:- This exam is open for the B. Com students with 60 percent aggregate marks or Post Graduates in Commerce.

Education branch:- This exam is open for the post graduates in any discipline with 50 % aggregate marks.

For graduates the age criteria varies from 20 to 23 years.

Hope this helps :-> :->
16th September 2014, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

i am in 3 year of civi engineering can i applicablde for afcat for flying or ground duties
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?