26th February 2013, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

How to be an IAS or IPS after passing B.Tech? How to prepare for civils?

Good evening sir!I'm Manogna. I'm studying b.tech second year .My aim is to be an IAS or IPS.I wish to prepare for civils from this standard.how can i start?please give me some advise......please......

31st July 2014, 11:33 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to be an IAS or IPS after passing B.Tech? How to prepare for civils?

First of all for both IPS and IAS, you need to be a graduate. In case IAS, UPSC conducts the examinations comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. You need to be a graduate in regular stream for being eligible for appearing in the Indian Administrative Service exams conducted by UPSC. You are eligible to fill the form provided the university is recognized. The general category candidates will now get six attempts and age-limit for a general candidate is 32 years. For SC/ST category candidates, number of attempts is unlimited and age limit is 35 years. For OBC category, there are nine attempts and age limit is 35 years. The PD category in the general and OBC categories will get nine attempts as and age-limit is 42 years incase of general and 45 years incase of OBC candidates.
For IPS, the entrance exam comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. IPS exam also have some specific physical requirement which are different from rest of the Civil Service exam.
Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.
The age limit has to be 21 years minimum till 30 years maximum. Incase ofOBCs, it is 33 and 35 for SCs/STs . There are four attempts for the for general, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. The physical standards are equally important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the National Police Academy, Hyderabad is conducted.
For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
You can seek admission in RAU IAS Coaching School, Ujjwal IAS Academy and Chanakya IAS Academy for preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?