22nd April 2011, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for NDA entrance exam after scoring these many marks? What is the minimum qualification for the same?

Sir, I am reading in XII Science at Millinium Institute of Sciences, Imphal. My rank in the last exam of High School Leaving Certificate Exam-2010 was stood in 19th position bearing 86.4% in all subjects getting Maths-100/100, Science- 93, S/Science- 81, English-86, Manipuri- 72 marks. I want to know whether these scores are elligible for applying in the NDA exams or not? What is the minimum qualification to apply NDA exam?

13th February 2012, 01:46 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for NDA entrance exam after scoring these many marks? What is the minimum qualification for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am reading in XII Science at Millinium Institute of Sciences, Imphal. My rank in the last exam of High School Leaving Certificate Exam-2010 was stood in 19th position bearing 86.4% in all subjects getting Maths-100/100, Science- 93, S/Science- 81, English-86, Manipuri- 72 marks. I want to know whether these scores are elligible for applying in the NDA exams or not? What is the minimum qualification to apply NDA exam?
If you are willing to apply for NDA exam, I must tell you that there is no percentage criteria and candidates who have qualified higher secondary examination are considered eligible for it, irrespective of their performance in the academic examinations.
Since you have studied Mathematics and other science subjects in your higher secondary level, you will be considered eligible for Army, Air Force as well as Naval wing of National Defense Academy.
The other important factor for this examination is the age of the candidate.
The minimum eligible age is 16 1/2 years and the maximum age limit is 19 years.
The NDA exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year and for further information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
13th February 2012, 11:07 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for NDA entrance exam after scoring these many marks? What is the minimum qualification for the same?

Quote:
Firstly, There is no Minimum Percentage is required to apply for NDA Examination.

If you have passed your Intermediate examination then you are eligible for National Defence Academy Examination.

NDA Examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your 12Th examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory Subjects, Then you are eligible for all the wings of NDA.

If you have not Study Maths and Physics in your 12Th examination then you are only eligible for Army Wings of NDA.

Eligible candidates may apply for these wings after cracked this examination :

:: Army Wings
:: Naval Wings
:: Air Force Wings

~~ Your age should between 16.5 to 19 Years

~~ Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible for NDA Examination

~~ If you are Interested in NDA Examination, then please wait for the NDA (II) Examination Notification, Because NDA (I) Examination Notification was already Published and the last date of apply for this examination was already Over.

~~ So, please wait for NDA (II) Examination Notification, The Notification will be Published on 05/May/2012.

~~ Eligible candidates May fill the NDA Application form Online, So please wait for the Notification and for more information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
13th February 2012, 11:44 PM
rvidyasagar

Dear,

If you go through the last announcement of NDA exam, you would notice that UPSC requires only a Pass in the 12th Exam.

You have certainly scored very handsome marks in your 10th Exam. Please keep up your performance.

Though a mere Pass is the eligibility, being a competitive examination, your performance in the examination matters a lot. For that, your preparations for the 12th exam will really assist you.

So, do well in the 12th exam and then the NDA entrance and rest assured that success will be yours.

All the best.
14th February 2012, 07:47 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

NDA exam criteria:-

*Candidate pass 12th science as math,physics,chemistry as subjects.

*Age- 16.5 to 19 years

age relaxation based on Govt. rules.

Some books for NDA exam preparation:-

Good Luck...............
14th February 2012, 10:36 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

The percentage of marks has no relevancy in applying NDA, the selection is on the basis of performance in NDA exam.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to three wings of NDA i.e. Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age having either appearing for the final 12th exam or passed from any stream from a recognised Central/State Board with good physical fitness is eligible to apply for NDA.

As you have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th standard for which you are eligible to apply for all three wings of NDA, but you have to go through certain physical standard after passing the written exam.

The process of registration for NDA-I has already been completed the exam will be held on 15.04.2012.

If you are interested then wait for the forthcoming NDA-II 2012 exam which will come out in the month of MAY.

For more information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
30th April 2012, 05:58 PM
nadankanan

you are willing to apply for NDA exam, I must tell you that there is no percentage criteria and candidates who have qualified higher secondary examination are considered eligible for it,
irrespective of their performance in the academic examinations.
Since you have studied Mathematics and other science subjects in your higher secondary level, you will be considered eligible for Army,
Air Force as well as Naval wing of National Defense Academy.
The other important factor for this examination is the age of the candidate.
The minimum eligible age is 16 1/2 years and the maximum age limit is 19 years.
The NDA exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year and for further information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
you go through the last announcement of NDA exam, you would notice that UPSC requires only a Pass in the 12th Exam.
You have certainly scored very handsome marks in your 10th Exam. Please keep up your performance.
Though a mere Pass is the eligibility, being a competitive examination, your performance in the examination matters a lot. For that, your preparations for the 12th exam will really assist you.
So, do well in the 12th exam and then the NDA entrance and rest assured that success will be yours.
30th April 2012, 10:43 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:

HI!
INFORMATION ABOUT NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY

I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for N.D.A exam.

N.D.A. Exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice.

Eligibility criteria for N.D.A exam:-
> Pass 12th with any stream from recognized board.
> Age limit should be above 16.5year and below 19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit (no major surgery)

There are three stages of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
14th June 2012, 01:07 AM
onest

NDA Examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your 12Th examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory Subjects, Then you are eligible for all the wings of NDA.

If you have not Study Maths and Physics in your 12Th examination then you are only eligible for Army Wings of NDA.

Eligible candidates may apply for these wings after cracked this examination :

:: Army Wings
:: Naval Wings
:: Air Force Wings

~~ Your age should between 16.5 to 19 Years

~~ Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible for NDA Examination

If you are Interested in NDA Examination, then please wait for the NDA (II) Examination Notification, Because NDA (I) Examination Notification was already Published and the last date of apply for this examination was already Over.
30th June 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
Incase if i am not selected for nda,then can i continue my college studies?
In short i want to ask is leaving certificate of school required to appear in NDA exam?
30th June 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR,
INCASE IF I FAIL IN NDA EXAM AND IF I AM NOT SELECTED CAN I CONTINUE MY COLLEGE STUDIES? IN SHORT, IS ANY LEAVING CERTIFICATE OF SCHOOL OR COLLEGE REQUIRED TO APPEAR IN NDA EXAM.
30th June 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

is leaving certificate of school or college required for appearing in nda exams
30th June 2012, 11:49 PM
padhakudkt

Hello,
First of all you have to passed in 10+2 in any recognized board.There is no need of minimum percentage marks in 10+2.

Eligibility Criteria for the N.D.A Examination :

Educational Qualification

Army Academy : you should be qualified for the under graduation course in any stream form recognized board .

Navy Academy : you should be qualified for 12th in science stream form recognized board .

Airforce academy : you should be qualified for 12th in science stream form recognized board ,

Age Limit :

Your age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years .

Best of Luck..
21st April 2013, 02:07 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for NDA is National Defence Academy.

It is nice to hear that you have got better scores in your 10th class; congrats to you for these amazing marks.

Yes definitely, you are eligible for the NDA examination.

Since, you are studying in 12th with science stream, so, you are eligible for only Air Force and Navy wing.

Because, Army wing requires Commerce and Arts disciplines.

The eligibility criteria required for the NDA examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with PCM for Air Force and Navy wings from any accredited board.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Percentage criteria is not required.

* Sex:- Male.

* Age limit:- 16.5-19 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- Not provided.

* Marital status:- Unmarried.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Physical eligibility:-

Eye sight:-

21st April 2013, 07:51 PM
vetrikarthik

Thumbs up Re: Will I be eligible for NDA entrance exam after scoring these many marks? What is the minimum qualification for the same?

Hai friend,

You have scored very good marks in your 12th. But the fact is that, there is no need for any percentage for writing NDA exam.

The Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality- Citizen of India.

Sex- Only Unmarried male candidates.

Age - 16.5 to 19 years.

Educational Qualification:

For Indian Army- 12th pass

ForIndian Navy & Indian Air Force - 12th pass with physics & Maths subjects

Check for your other qualifications and write NDA Exam.

All the Best.
4th May 2013, 03:10 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

NDA(National Defence Academy)

The eligibility criteria required for the NDA examination are :
* Completion of 12th with PCM from any accredited board.
* Completion of 12th with Arts and Commerce for Army wing.
* Age limit:- 16.5-19 yrs.
* Sex:- Male.
* Nationality:- Indian.
* Marital status:- Unmarried or single.
* Physically and mentally fit.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?