24th December 2013, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Private sector job with 2.5 years of work experience or Bank PO job?

Hi,

I am a MBA Professional with 2.5 years of work exp in financial sector.Currently i am working with financial sector organisation with monthly salary of 30K.Recently i have got selected in Canara Bank for PO Post.I am quite confused whether should i continue my career in pvt sector organisation or should i go for Bank po job.

There would be huge hike every year with annual bonus in private sector.However, in public sector there would be only hike of 2-3K every year without any annual bonus.

In Banks,there are transfers of work location frequently and work location can be any small town or village also where transport and safety concerns come into picture.However,Private sector co. will be in big cities only and most of finance sector organisations provide transport facility.

Could you please give me some advice on this at the earliest as my joining date in canara bank is 21 Oct 2013?

Also, could you please let me know the net salary of PO and in probation period are employees eligible for petrol charges,newspaper etc?

Thanks is advance for your help.

Regards,
Akanksha Mittal

Related Questions:
  1. Job in private sector based on experience in public sector?
  2. How may I find a government job after completing MSW and gaining work experience with a private NGO?
  3. Government/Public sector job after completing MCA with 1 year experience in private IT sector?
  4. What would be best for me after passing MCA, Government or Private Sector?
  5. How can I switch my job from sales to insurance sector? I have 25 years experience in sales with a private firm
  6. How to get admission in MS in USA after four years of work experience? Tips to crack GRE ?
  7. Does working in R&D sector is counted as job experience while opting for MBA?
  8. How to get job in Bank after passing F.Y.BCA and without experience?
  9. How to get a job in private sector bank?
  10. Salary expectation after completing BSc forensic science?
  11. Can I get job without domain experience? What answer should I give for 2 years gap?
  12. Any jobs in government, bank or private sector?
  13. Does correspondence MBA hold any value in Private Sector Jobs? Is it valuable only with work experience? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What should I do after doing BSc IT? What are the various options available? Is it possible to get admission after BSc IT?
  15. How can I find a job in private sector banks at the age of 32? I am currently in banking sector only
  16. What are the jobs that I can get after completing BSc computers? What is the salary?
  17. Jobs in government sector or PSU after Diploma (Passed in 2004) in Electrical stream and work experience in private sector?
  18. Private sector job for B.Sc Agriculture graduate?
2nd January 2014, 09:30 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Private sector job with 2.5 years of work experience or Bank PO job?

All those which you have pointed out the difference between working in private sector and bank is 100% right! and right now the choice lies in you alone. Which you believe is good for your future? Getting less hike, moving around different place?

The only good thing I can see from private sector to Bank is that you have Job Security wherein once you are in as a PO in the bank you can consider yourself as settled in life that moment as you just have to move on further from that post but sure shot you will be working in Bank forever your career but in private sector that job surety will not be there as in you don't know when the company will be closed..

Now company getting closed? is something like 1 in 100 so you don't really have to worry about that. Job in private sector will be challenging and need yourself to put lot of hard work day by day to move up the ladder but having challenges in work is good and healthy for your career and ofcourse you will love it if you are a challenge lover

The average salary for a PO will around Rs.30,000 - Rs.40,000 and yes ofcourse you will get all benefits like newspaper, petrol charges etc but does it really matter to take a call between a PO job and private sector? I don't think so..

So, as final verdict if you are ready to move places, get less hike every year and not ready for challenging work then Bank PO is the best option if not just simply go with your private sector job which you are already in as you have good 2+ years experience. If you are thinking you want to get more salary in private sector immediately then best option is to do a jump to next company where you can expect a hike for about 15% with your experience.
2nd January 2014, 03:07 PM
sushri_mhnty

Default Re: Private sector job with 2.5 years of work experience or Bank PO job?

Dear i think Bank po is the best choice in between two. Basically finance sector is not secure at all currently. I am just saying about Cheet fund. You just think in cool mind i am sure you can better understand wht i am saying. Regarding salary that part is not such a powerfull then your career. Deffinatly you will get 30-40'000 p.m at po job. So plz dont be confuse and dont lose such oppertunity. Every thing you will get which you mention here in central government job. You are most welcome and wish you a bright new year.
23rd April 2014, 12:17 PM
novice_

Smile Re: Private sector job with 2.5 years of work experience or Bank PO job?

Hi Akanksha Mittal,

Just wanted to know whether you have joined Canara Bank as PO or not!
If yes, how is your experience there, if you would please like to share, as I am also in the same state the only difference being that I am an MCA and serving a reputed IT company for just past 6 months, still under bond period.

Looking forward to see a reply asap, as I have nearly 20 days to go.

Thanks
Prachi
16th April 2015, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

dONT JOIN BANK .MOST STUPID DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE DONT EVER JOIN CANARA BANK.. WORK CULTURE IS PATHETIC AND YOU CANT IMAGINE HOW MUCH PRESSURE AND WORK YOU ARE ABOUT TO HANDLE. AND BEING AN ENGINEER ND OBVIOUSLY YOUNG . YOU ARE GOING TO GET THE STICK FROM EVERY ONE .. THE CULTURE IS LIKE BETWEEN AN OWNER AND A SLAVE.. JOIN THE BANK IF U VE GOT NO OPTION AND WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A PEON.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?