29th April 2014, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Where else can the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS score be useful other than for seeking admission in colleges Abroad?

Suppose you (as an Indian) prepare for GRE and TOEFL/IELTS to seek admission into a college/Uni in the States or some other county and suppose due to low B.Tech percentage or due to a large number of backlogs or some other reason,things don't materialize,will the GRE/TOEFL scores (if good) be useful elsewhere like to get admission into good local universities?

Thanks in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. M.Tech from India is better or from Abroad?
  2. Details about GRE: Scope and colleges accepting GRE scores? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can i study engineering in USA after diploma in engineering?
  4. What should I do either go to USA for MS or try for placement? I am pursuing B.Tech and scored 990 marks in GRE. Would I get admission in top universities of USA?
  5. Does GRE Exam necessary for getting admission in Abroad? Required marks for passing out GRE Exam?
  6. Admission to doctorate program Abroad is through GRE?
  7. What should I do to pursue Ph.D abroad? How much should I get? Requirements for admission?
  8. To pursue MBA abroad do I need GMAT score or GRE score?
  9. How should I get admission in top colleges in US after scoring 7.3 CGPA? How much should I score in GRE?
  10. How to go abroad to study masters programme in USA?
  11. Chances of going abroad after clearing GRE
  12. When is the right time to start preparing for GRE and TOEFL? Criteria of arrears to study Abroad? Is self study enough?
  13. Names of the colleges which provide admission to masters degree in abroad? How much score is required for admission?
  14. Which are the courses for Biology students other than MBBS after Plus Two?
  15. How can I get information regarding colleges for MS in Computer science from foreign countries? I have got 304/340 in GRE
  16. Is it a right decision for an average Engineering candidate to do MS in Abroad? How to get good score in GRE Exam?
  17. Want to do B.E. but family's financial conditions are not good, what to do?
  18. How to apply for GRE and achieve a good score? How to get a scholarship based on GRE score?
22nd December 2014, 06:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Where else can the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS score be useful other than for seeking admission in colleges Abroad?

GRE and IELTS or TOEFL examinations are the entrance tests that one need to appear for pursuing their higher studies in foreign countries. Based upon the selection of country, they choose for pursuing their higher studied, they need to appear for these examinations. With the help of GRE and IELTS/ TOEFL score, you can get admission in foreign universities for pursuing your higher studies. The validity of GRE score is 5 years and the validity of IELTS and TOEFL score is 2 years. Nowhere the GRE and IELTS or TOEFL is useful except for getting admission in foreign universities for pursuing your higher studies.
26th December 2014, 12:32 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Where else can the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS score be useful other than for seeking admission in colleges Abroad?

First of all, with backlogs you will not be eligible for higher studies be it India or abroad. Yes, with a good GRE score you can apply in the Indian institutes since they have a provision of admission through GRE score apart from GATE and other entrance exam in India. However, the quota of seats for admission through GRE is very less in Indian institutes is very less, hence a very high score is required. Sometimes this surpasses cutoff score of various top universities of the world.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?