4th May 2011, 11:16 PM
singireddy.sindhuja

What do I need to do to study abroad after B.E? What does MS and M.Tech mean? Are they different? How is GRE related?

I wanna go abroad and accomplish my higher studies!!!!!!So,plz tell me what all i should do after my BE? What do u mean by MS and Mtech?are they different ?and how gre is related to that plzzzzzz clarify my doubts and let me freed from confusions and take a right decision

23rd June 2011, 06:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What do I need to do to study abroad after B.E? What does MS and M.Tech mean? Are they different? How is GRE related?

8. It is a great decision that you are willing to do your higher. But why do you want to do it abroad when India has world class colleges. The higher studies available are M.tech and M.S. M.tech is post graduation in Engineering. You will get this degree if you do your PG in India. For getting admission in to various colleges you need to write a test called GATE. Now, If you are intending to do your PG abroad, that is called M.S. For getting admissions in those colleges you will have to write a test for GRE. GRE is only for admissions to universities in the United States. For other countries like United Kingdom, you need to contact the universities there and they will help you out. We hope this answer gives you a clear picture
8th December 2011, 10:37 AM
jayparikh

Default Re: What do I need to do to study abroad after B.E? What does MS and M.Tech mean? Are they different? How is GRE related?

Hi,

You should definitely go for Higher studies. Now, having completed your B.E. , you can go for MBA,M.TECH or M.S.

Now , you have asked about M.Tech and M.S. , I am quite sure that you want to be in technical field.

M.Tech/M.E:- Master of Technology/ Master of Engineering
(Both are same,don't be confused in it)

M.S.:- Master of science.
It is the degree awarded in other countries like U.S ,Germany etc.

To do masters in INDIA you have to go for M.Tech/M.E. and for that , you have to appear in GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).GATE is conducted every year in February.

To pursue Masters in other country , you will be awarded M.S. , for that you need to appear in GRE(Graduate record examination) exam.

Best of luck.Hope this answer will help you

regards.
11th December 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

what are the other opportunities after doing ms
12th December 2011, 12:42 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
You want to study in abroad after B.E, then you have to go through GRE exam.

After qualifying in GRE exam you will be able to get admission in foreign colleges depending on your score.

Eligibility for GRE exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in fields like- BE/B.tech/B.Arch.

2.Candidate must have secure 60% aggregate through out the career.

3.Candidate must be good English.

These are the eligibility you have to fulfill to appear in GRE exam.

MS and M.tech both the master degrees are same but the valuation of these courses are different.

If you go for master degree after completion of BE/B.tech in Indian then you have to pursue M.tech course.

If you want to pursue your master degree in technical field from abroad then it is called MS..
MS is much more valuable than M.tech course.

Now you decide what you want.
All the best.
23rd February 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I wanna work in airforce sooo wt shud i do
1st March 2012, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

i wanna to work in marine Engineer Wat should i do
5th March 2012, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing my engineering and I'm in my 3rd year.. Even If I'm doing my GRE for M.S n I'm with a good score do they expect some thing like achievements at ma U.G level like say participation in conferences and other experiences at ma U.G..?
17th June 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

eligibilty in gre requires 60% aover,does it mean in every semester of b.tech?
28th June 2012, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

how much GRE score want to get MS seat? and which university's are best for MS?
29th June 2012, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

what is average marks in gre to get a good college in abroad...?
28th July 2012, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

what is the differents between M.S and M.Sc?
16th January 2013, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

what are the qualifying marks for gate&gre
9th February 2014, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

ami eligible for computer course in master.am from electrical background in b.tech???
24th February 2014, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

which type of questions asking in gre exam??
2nd May 2014, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

sir/madam
i am completed BE(EEE) having one year experience in maintanence field and now having opertunites in logistic field so if i may chose that one...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?