5th May 2014, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

If I perform exceptionally well in BITSATthen will they consider my BITSAT performance only or qualifying exam is still important?

Dear Sir,
I want to persue my B.tech. from BITS Pilani . But according to the BITS eligibility criteria one should get min 75% PCM aggregate in 12th , but I am getting 65% max PCM , can I get admission in BITS Pilani . If I perform exceptionally well in BITSAT i.e. 420 /450 then will they consider my BITSAT performance only .
The board toppers are contacted (requested by calling) irrespective of BITSAT performance and even they didn't appear for BITSAT , so are they also calling BITSAT toppers neglecting 12th board percentage . Is there any ray of hope for me ? Sir , please reply soon , my dream is stake , I have no other options and I die to get 420

5th May 2014, 06:51 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I perform exceptionally well in BITSATthen will they consider my BITSAT performance only or qualifying exam is still important?

I am extremely sorry to state that even though you perform exceptionally well in BITSAT still you will not be able to get admission in BITS, Pilani if you do not qualify in the eligibility criteria which states that you need atleast 75% in PCM and 80% in English in your 10+2. However, if you top the BITSAT entrance exam, you can definitely get admission even though you do not secure the minimum eligibility criteria in your 10+2.

And what is this, you will die? There are so many engineering institutes across the country who have same infrastructure and reputation like BITS, Pilani and if you do not get admission in it you will opt for dying. This is really a negative sense of mind which you need to get rid off. Prepare well for the other entrance exams and score well in them. Even though you do not secure good marks, still there is long way to go in life. Keep the hope and believe in yourself. A big platform is not required always to become a superstar in any field. One can do it from a small platform. Be positive and move ahead positively always.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?