14th March 2015, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do PhD in English Literature if did M.A. 21 years back?

Dear sir/Madam:

My name is maher Ali. I completed my Master degree in English Literature in 1994, and would like to do my Phd in the same domain of study. I got second division in my master degree and would like to know of this ok. Please advice.

regards

26th March 2015, 08:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do PhD in English Literature if did M.A. 21 years back?

Yes you can surely do Ph.D now if you have got at least 55% marks in your Master's degree from a recognized University. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category. You have to show what you have been doing in these 21 years.

If you have got some academic teaching experience then it will help you to get admission in a Ph.D program without any entrance exam. The minimum professional experience required for direct admission in 5 years or more. Hence, you can surely apply without any doubt just get all your gap documents ready because you have to submit them during admission.
28th March 2015, 11:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do PhD in English Literature if did M.A. 21 years back?

Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?