2nd April 2015, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

How a Civil Diploma holder can get a B.Tech degree from Kolkata?

How can I get a B-tech degree? I am a civil Diploma holder and doing service. I want to make a B-tech through distance education from Kolkata.

3rd April 2015, 01:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How a Civil Diploma holder can get a B.Tech degree from Kolkata?

You can apply for lateral entry entrance exam for getting admission in B.Tech Civil Engineering. For diploma holders direct admission to 2nd year is available through lateral entry and must have at least 50% marks to become eligible for this entrance exam.

If you are interested in distance education engineering degree then you must go for AMIE which is also equivalent to a B.Tech degree. As a diploma holder you have to clear 13 subjects in AMIE to become a engineer.
3rd April 2015, 05:30 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can surely do B.Tech in Distance Education after the completion of your Diploma course by getting direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course.

You an appear for JELET examination which is a popular exam for Diploma Holders to get Lateral Entry in 2nd year of B.Tech course. JELET examination is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board every year once for admission in directly 2nd year of engineering course.

As you have not mentioned any particular name of any Institute from where you wish to do your B.Tech course, therefore it is quite difficult to provide you the accurate information regarding every Institutes.

However, Below I am providing you the names of some reputed Colleges in Kolkata, which provide B.Tech course in Distance Mode, you can further contact the University/College for further information.

Colleges providing B.Tech(Distance) in Kolkata:

> Sikkim Manipal University
Address: 62, Aurobinda Sarani, Raja Nabakrishna Street, Shobhabazar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700005
Phone:033 2533 8785

> International School of Business Kolkata
Address: EN Block, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091

> Bengal Institute of Technology
Address: Kolkata, West Bengal, India

> B. P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology
Address: 137, V.I.P. Road, Poddar Vihar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700052
Phone: 033 4061 9176

> Government College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology
Address: Beleghata, Kolkata, West Bengal

> Guru Nanak Institute of Technology
Address: 157/F,Nilgunj Road, Sodepur, Panihati, Kolkata, West Bengal 700114
Phone: 033 2523 3900

> Future Institute of Engineering and Management
Address: Opp Peerless Hospital, Sonarpur Station Road, Narendrapur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700150
13th May 2015, 03:40 PM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, after the diploma, if you want to get into Engineering then there is a special examination for the diploma fellows named LEET.

LEET >>>> Lateral Entry Engineering Test.

If you qualify in the Test then you will be allotted a seat in the engineering college based on the rank in the examination and your diploma percentage.

You will be given the admission in directly in the 2nd year of engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?