21st May 2011, 01:40 AM
rks3257

From which year should I start preparing for MBA entrance exams? What should I do to improve my English?

sir,
i m engg. student in srm univ 2010-2014,i want to do my mba frm top b-school in india.
pls tell me frm which year i shud star my preparation as i m a 1styear student,wat shud i do to improve my english as i m not so good in english.what r the other thing i shud keep in mind during my preparation??

31st August 2011, 02:21 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: From which year should I start preparing for MBA entrance exams? What should I do to improve my English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks3257 View Post
sir,
i m engg. student in srm univ 2010-2014,i want to do my mba frm top b-school in india.
pls tell me frm which year i shud star my preparation as i m a 1styear student,wat shud i do to improve my english as i m not so good in english.what r the other thing i shud keep in mind during my preparation??
From which year should I start preparing for MBA entrance exams? What should I do to improve my English?

There is no any specific time limit or appropriate time to start preparation for MBA entrance exams like -CAT,MAT,XAT . You can start your preparation at any time .There is no any restriction .If you think that you can manage your studies(B.Tech) alongwith Preparation of MBA entrance examination ,then you can start your preparation at that time.

But if you haven't started your preparation yet then it would be better to start your preparation from 3rd year because you will not get enough time in your last year to prepare for MBA entrance examination.

What should I do to improve my English?

English is an important part of MBA entrance exams so your english should be good enough .I am telling you some ways to improve your english.
  • Read "Word Power Made Easy" of Norman Lewis.
  • Register your self on www.testfunda.com and receive question of CAT preparation .
  • Watch English movies
  • Read english newspapers regularly.
  • Watch english news regularly.
  • Take the help of dictionary .If you find any problem then try www.dictionary.com and site like that.
  • Take the help of your teachers and classmates.
  • Solve previous year papers and new sample papers of CAT,MAT and XAT.

With Regards
ravik1214
31st August 2011, 02:32 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Default Re: From which year should I start preparing for MBA entrance exams? What should I do to improve my English?

There is no specific time limit which anyone would tell you for preparing for any entrance exam this depends on you and your potential and seriousness that how much you grasp and how much you practice:
so as you will be preparing for the most difficult exam that is CAT exam or MAT /XAT exam
so you need to make your study pryamid that is very very imp tp score good

another option is that you can join a coaching institute and you can do well in your exam

TO IMPROVE ENGLISH :
you need to immprove both writting english skills i.e for written exam and
also you need to improve your converstaional skills as you will be appearing inthe GD sections

so for this you must practice in english as much as you can do
and also read enlish news papers daily and listen english news daily that will teach you usage of the words
31st August 2011, 02:50 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: From which year should I start preparing for MBA entrance exams? What should I do to improve my English?

Hello dear

see, as you are a engineering student so you can starts for preparing for MBA entrance exams from first year.

preparation means you can give the stress on the English skill.

also logical skill.

but you can apply for the CAT/MAT exam in the final year of your engineering.

as CAT/MAT score is valid for only one year.

all the best.......
31st August 2011, 02:51 PM
rana2011
Banned

There is no any specific time limit or appropriate time to start preparation for MBA entrance exams like -CAT,MAT,XAT . You can start your preparation at any time .There is no any restriction .If you think that you can manage your studies(B.Tech) alongwith Preparation of MBA entrance examination ,then you can start your preparation at that time.

But if you haven't started your preparation yet then it would be better to start your preparation from 3rd year because you will not get enough time in your last year to prepare for MBA entrance examination.

English is an important part of MBA entrance exams so your english should be good enough
[*]Read "Word Power Made Easy" of Norman Lewis.[*]Register your self on www.testfunda.com and receive question of CAT preparation .[*]Watch English movies [*]Read english newspapers regularly.[*]Watch english news regularly.[*]Take the help of dictionary .If you find any problem then try www.dictionary.com and site like that.[*]Take the help of your teachers and classmates.[*]Solve previous year papers and new sample papers of CAT,MAT and XAT.

Thanks!!
31st August 2011, 02:53 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks3257 View Post
sir,
join a coaching at the starting of 3rd year..n to improve english..start reading story books..then move to novels..read an english newspaper daily..n watch english movies..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?