7th May 2015, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for 10th passed students to join NDA?

What is the procedure for 10th passed students to join NDA? I just have completed my 10th standard and looking forward now to join NDA. So, can you please guide me with the complete information which I need to follow up for the same?

Thanks!

7th May 2015, 01:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure for 10th passed students to join NDA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the procedure for 10th passed students to join NDA? I just have completed my 10th standard and looking forward now to join NDA. So, can you please guide me with the complete information which I need to follow up for the same?

Thanks!
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
7th May 2015, 11:22 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say you that you are not eligible for the NDA examination on class 10th educational qualification. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year and provides a better opportunity to the candidates aspiring to join Defence Service.

The eligibility criteria for the examination is :-
* Candidates passed or pursuing in the +2 from a recognised board are eligible.
* Candidates must have Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects for the Navy and Air Force wings. Commerce candidates with mathematics can also apply but only for Indian Army.
* Candidates age must be 16.5-19 years.

The examination is conducted in two phases :-
* Written.
* SSB.

The written examination is of 900 marks in which questions of Mathematics and General Ability are asked.

Candidates qualify in the written examination are called for the SSB.

* SSB- It is a 5-10 days test procedure if candidates become able to qualify on the reporting day.

The application form are available in the month of January and July for the NDA I and NDA II. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th May 2015, 11:27 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As you are a 10th standard passed student so in order to join NDA at the very first you will have to complete your higher secondary education .

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the NDA examinations are held two times in a year by union public service commission and are called as NDA I ( held in the month of April ) and NDA II ( held in the month of September ).

The NDA has three wings which are Indian Army , Indian Navy and Indian
Air force.

The qualifications required for the same examination are as following :-

* You must be an Indian citizen .

* You must be an unmarried male .

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years .

* You must have done your higher secondary education with any discipline from a recognized board .But for the wings Indian Navy and Indian Air force you must have physics , chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects in your senior secondary examination .English is compulsory too .

* You must be physically and mentally fit too as per the norms .

The examination will be held in two steps which are written examination and Service Selection Board interview for which you will be eligible if you crack the step one .

For more information about the same examination log on the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
7th May 2015, 11:35 AM
shekhartyagi50

Quote:

Thanks!
NDA stands for national defence academy from here you gets a chance to join Indian defence forces which is a very honorable job to do.
Now for NDA you must be 10th pass
And after that you can easily look up for the entrance exam they held two times every year in the month near to july and december.
You must focus on Maths and english more as they are as important for the exam.
Than after passing written exam successfully you will be called for SSB which is a five day procedure and that is very important and very interesting where you will come to know how much you know about yourself.
So just do hard work and achieve this.
7th May 2015, 12:34 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

No,you can not apply for NDA exam after completing 10th.If you really want to go through NDA exam you have to pass your 12th.

A candidate must either be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan and Nepal.Only Unmarried are eligible for this exam.

Candidate who want to apply for NDA exam must pass his class 12th.

There are three Defence Academy in NDA are--
Indian Army
Air Force
Navy

And if candidate want to go in Air Force and Navy must pass his/her class 12th with Physics and maths from a recognized board.

Candidate age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

For more details please go on the given website-----www.upsconline.nic.in
7th May 2015, 02:19 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks!

Details About NDA :

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and this is a defence service exam conducted for candidates to join in defence forces of India. This exam is being carried out by UPSC every year as NDA I and NDA II.

To apply for the NDA Exam there are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied which includes:

# Nationality
# Martial Status
# Age limit
# Educational Qualification
# Physical Standard

But when regarding your qualification for the exam, you are not satisfying the educational qualification and the age limit. Having only completed 10th you are ineligible for the exam as per the educational qualification needed. Educational qualification for the NDA is that, candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board. Age limit needed is 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years.

You are not satisfying them in order to be eligible for applying. The other criteria's needed would include:

-> Candidate appearing should have a citizenship in India

-> Martial status states that candidate should be a unmarried male candidate

-> The candidate should be physically fit.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the exam at http://www.upsconline.nic.in. To know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th May 2015, 03:05 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

NDA is an exam which is conducted twice a year. It recruits for the National Defense Academy and the exam can be given by the candidates fulfilling these qualifications-

1. Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.
2. At least intermediate cleared with any stream.
3. Male candidate
4. Unmarried candidate.

So, as you can see that passing intermediate is one of the mandatory qualification so you need to understand that you have to complete 12th class before you need to apply for the exam.

So, till then we would advise you prepare hard for the written as well as for the SSB test. The written test of such exams like CDS, NDA, AFCAT are not so difficult. The area where you will face difficulty is the physical section which is tested in the SSB test.

Also, we would advise you to take coaching for the written as well as for the SSB test so that your preparation completely packed and when you appear for the exam, you have complete confidence in yourself.
7th May 2015, 03:19 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to apply NDA exam after passed 10th class.

The minimum education is 10+2 pass for apply NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Union Public Service Commission is conducted NDA exam twice time in a year for three wings:- Army, Navy, and Air force Wings.

Eligibility criteria:-

Army wings -

Candidate must have completed 10+2 exam of a recognized School or Board and studying in the final year of 12th examination may also eligible to apply for Army wings.

For Navy / Air force wings-

Candidate must have completed 10+2 with PCM subjects from a recognized board.

There is no minimum marks required for NDA Examination .

Age limit:-

Age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

There is No age relaxation for reserved categories in this exam.

Only unmarried Male Indian candidate are eligible to apply this exam.

If you want to apply NDA exam then first you should complet 10+2 from a recognized board.
7th May 2015, 07:51 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination after 10th. Since the candidates who have completed graduation can only eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

The details regarding the NDA is given below.

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and it is conducted by UPSC. Through this examination you have a chance to get a job in any of three wings namely Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA :

1.You should complete 12th with minimum 75% of marks from the recognized University with Maths, Physics , Chemistry are the main subjects.

2.Age should be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

3.Final year students of 10+2 are not eligible to apply for NDA.

You need to give Written Examination and then SSB Interview to get selected in NDA.
7th May 2015, 09:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks!
First, I want to ell you that 10th pass candidate are not eligible for NDA (National Defense Academy). If you want to join NDA, then for this you have to complete your Intermediate examination (12th). To Join NDA you have to clear the written test conducted by UPSC twice in a year. To be eligible for NDA, you must have completed your 12th examination. Well, 12th appearing candidates also register for this examination.

Secondly, you must satisfy the age criteria, it means your age should between 16.5-19 years (at the time of commencement of training). It is very clear that at the time of training you are not more than 19 years at the time of commencement of training.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

The above are the mandatory eligibility criteria to register for NDA Examination. Apart from that, if you want to be a part of the NDA (National Defense Academy) then you must have clear the written test. When you clear the written test, then you are eligible for SSB Interview for final selection. Those who were selected are eligible for 3 years of courses (Training) in NDA.

You can apply for any one of the wings i.e. Army, Naval or Air force wings.

Any 12th pass candidate is eligible to apply for Army wings, but for the Air force and Navy wings you must have studied Physics and maths as a compulsory subject in your 12th examination.

I suggest you to please complete your 12th examination and then you can apply for NDA Examination. You can also prepare for this examination just after passing 10th exams. To get complete information regarding NDA examination, please visit the official website of UPSC.
8th May 2015, 12:52 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No there is no such procedure of NDA examination at class 10th. The minimum educational qualification is 10+2 required for it. NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

So you have to wait till your 10+2. Above this candidates age must be between 16.5-19 years. The candidates must have passed 10+2 from any recognized board and have Mathematics and Physics as main papers.

The examination is conducted in two stages as:-
* Written.
* SSB.

To qualify in the written examination candidates must have better knowledge of Mathematics, English Grammar and General Science. The examination is total of 900 marks and 6 hours duration conducted in two papers.

If you qualify in the written examination then you are called for the SSB. If you qualifies there you are given training from the various defence institute.

Finally you become eligible to join Defence as an officer.

For more information and syllabus for the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

But I am pleased with your interest of serving nation as well as very much responsible for the future.
8th May 2015, 12:22 PM
ankit740
Member+

Sorry to say that as you are 10th pass you are not eligible to join nda for that you have to pass 12th exam and after that you can give nda entrance exam.
After that you can give nda entrance exam which is conducted twice in a year by upsc.
ELIGIBLITY:
1.you must be a unmarried male candidate.
2.age limit is 16.5-19 years.
3.you should have passed 12th with physics chemistry and maths.
thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?