20th October 2015, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Whether Bank of India charge interest during B.Tech against Education Loan? How to repay EMI in 7 years of tenure against Rs. 5 Lacs?

Hello Sir,
I have taken educational loan of Rs. 5 Lacs from Bank of India to complete my B.Tech 4 years course with repayment tenure of 7 years. Can you give me some idea about EMI amount? I want to know whether they are going to take interest for the period of pursuance of degree or not?

Related Questions:
  1. How to increase EMI tenure of Education Loan repayment? -- [New]
  2. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  3. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  4. How can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs to study MS in UK? Can I repay Loan after getting job? Do I have to Mortgage the property to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  5. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs to study M.Pharmacy course? Interest rates charge against Education Loan?
  6. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of upto Rs. 8.5 Lacs to study MBA through CMAT?
  7. Does Banks demand Collateral securities against Education Loan of upto Rs. 4 Lacs except SBI? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in USA after completing MS?
  9. Does Bank charges Interest rates of sum rupees sanctioned in Education Loan during 1st year of MBA if the tuition fee is lesser than total amount?
  10. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  11. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  12. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  13. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  14. Which Bank can provide me another Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs for Higher Education if already taken Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs?
  15. Which Bank sponsored Education Loan of Rs. 18 Lacs to study MS in India? Documents required to apply?
  16. How can I apply to get Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MS in University of Bristol?
  17. Should I have to mortgage my property to apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs for study PG in UK? Requirements to apply?
  18. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 12 Lacs if taking Personal Loan of Rs. 1 Lacs and having Credit card bill of Rs. 1 Lacs?
21st October 2015, 06:46 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether Bank of India charge interest during B.Tech against Education Loan? How to repay EMI in 7 years of tenure against Rs. 5 Lacs?

No, no interest is taken by any bank of India for education loan during the period a candidate pursues professional courses from any recognized university. The government of India gives subsidy on education loan interest.

Once you complete your bachelor's degree, the bank will start adding interest along with the amount of loan you have taken.

For EMI of loan:

Divide the sum of 5,00,000 by 84 months and now add 13.5% rate of interest on the sum of 5,00,000 to the result obtained on division. The rate of interest on education loan is 13.5%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?