1st December 2015, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

When is the right time to start IAS preparation? When shall I join training institutes?

Tell me that if i am a 1st year b.com student aspiring to become an ias..what is the right time to start the preparations? when shall i join the training institutes?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  2. Should I start preparing now for IAS after graduation? Do I need to join coaching?
  3. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE?
  4. How can i do IAS preparation through non-medical field?
  5. Best training institutes in Hyderabad for IAS? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year Electrical
  6. How can I take Law as an option in mains UPSC? I'm in 1st year Ph.D (Agriculture) in New Delhi and preparing for civil service exam
  7. Good coaching institutes for civil services coaching that offer coaching for relatively less amount of Fees
  8. Should I start my IAS preparation right from 1st year of B.Tech? How should I proceed further and when to join coaching?
  9. When should I start JAM 2016 preparation?
  10. What is the importance of coaching in IAS preparation? What is the ideal time for preparation for coaching?
  11. Is it possible to start IAS preparation along with Graduation course?
  12. How to join coaching centre for preparation for IAS after completing B.Pharmacy?
  13. Tamilnadu Board Matriculation Exam Geography and Economics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. How to become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard? Is there any need to join any training institute?
  15. Should I start preparation for IAS exam if studying MBBS 3rd year?
  16. How to start IAS preparation after completing engineering in computer science?
  17. When to start taking coaching for ias examinitation after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to get a good rank in PMT after passing 12th? I am in class 11th
1st December 2015, 06:44 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: When is the right time to start IAS preparation? When shall I join training institutes?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. You can start your preparation for Civil Services from first year of bachelor's degree at basic level by reading NCERT books for different subjects like History (Old NCERT), Geography, Political Science, Economics.

You must complete all these books from standard 6th to stands 12th. After that you can join any good coaching institute either in second year of bachelor's degree or in final year.

The best institute for Civil Services exam preparation is Vajiram and Ravi IAS located at Old Rajinder Nagar, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
1st December 2015, 09:39 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When is the right time to start IAS preparation? When shall I join training institutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Tell me that if i am a 1st year b.com student aspiring to become an ias..what is the right time to start the preparations? when shall i join the training institutes?
The right time to start preparation for IAS is from first year of graduation itself.

You can join Training institute for IAS Exam preparation right from final year of your graduation.

For at least 2-3 years, you must prepare for IAS Exam by yourself.

So, that you may get roughly idea about the pattern of IAS Exam or Civil Services Exam.

Some of the top coachings for IAS Exam preparation in New Delhi are:
LORD KRISHNA IAS ACADEMY
Address: J-11/49, first floor, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi-27.
State: New Delhi-110009
Phone: 09873694016, 09350194016, 09873694016.
E.Mail: [email protected]

CLASSIC IAS ACADEMY
Address: UG 33-34, ANSAL CHAMBER-I, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
State: New Delhi - 110066
Phone: 32323293, 32323294, 9310034050, 9310034060
Web : www.classiciasacademy.com
Email : [email protected],enquiry@classiciasa cademy.com

Ujjwal IAS Academy
Address: Head Office: B-18, Top floor. Satija house
City: Mukherjee nagar
State: Delhi-110009
Phone No: +91-9213389333, +91-9868088370
Email: [email protected]

IMS (Institute of Mathematical Sciences)
Head Office:105--106,Top 2nd floor,Mukherjee Tower,Dr.Mukherjee Nagar,North Delhi,New Delhi-9.Branch office:87,1st Floor,Old Rajendra Nagar,New Delhi-60.
Contact Person: A.Sunitha, Phone: 09999329111 ,09999197625
E-Mail: [email protected]

Some of the top books for preparation of IAS Exam are:

Indian Economy for Civil Services Examination (English) 6th Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 378

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination Paper - 1 (2014) (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 1,250

CSAT 2015 (Paper II) Volume - 1 (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 459
1st December 2015, 09:53 PM
sarika1993

IAS is the Indian Administration Services conducted by UPSC. Now , You are studying in 1st year in b.com. It's best time to start preparation of IAS.

Eligibility
You must have passed bachelor's degree from a recognized university

Age Limit
Your age must be between 21 to 32 years of the examination year

Maximum Attemps
General : 6
OBC : 9
SC/ST : No Limit

Exam Pattern

- Paper I : Essay (250 Marks)
- Paper II : General Studies I (250 Marks)
- Paper III : General Studies II(250 Marks)
- Paper IV : General Studies III (250 Marks)
- Paper V : General Studies IV (250 Marks)
- Paper VI : Optional Subject I (250 Marks)
- Paper VII : Optional Subject II (250 Marks)
2nd December 2015, 12:47 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is always a better choice to start the preparation for IAS as early as you can since there is a strong competition for IAS positions.

Since, you are in 1st year of B.Com course, I suggest you to start the preparation for IAS from now itself. Join in a top coaching institute for IAS preparation and spend most of the time in your day towards IAS preparation.

As you are pursuing B.Com course, it would be better if you opt for any of the following optional subjects for civil services Main Exam
-Commerce and Accountancy
-Economics
-Management

Here is the complete information regarding IAS. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. If you want to be placed in IAS, you should crack the below selection procedure
-Civil Services Preliminary Exam
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

Civil Services Exam would be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year and this is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
IAS - Indian Administrative Service
IPS - Indian Police Service
IRS - Indian Revenue Service
IFS - Indian Foreign Service etc.

To be eligible for this exam, one should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university and the candidate should be in the age group of 21-32 years.

Candidates of OBC category would be given relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years and for SC, ST category candidates, it would be 5 years.

Below are some of the popular institutes in which you can go for coaching.

1) Chanakya IAS Academy - New Delhi
2) Rau's IAS Study Circle - Delhi
3) Elite Academy - Mumbai
4) Brain Tree India - Hyderabad
5) Brilliant Tutorials Private Limited - Chennai
3rd June 2016, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

what is the best time for ias preparations? i have done my 12th from science stream... Can i start d preparation from now.? or It will have lot of time to start d preparation yet?
12th March 2021, 05:56 AM
Unregistered

Do vajiram give admission to undergraduate in 1st year
11th June 2021, 12:27 PM
Afreen0786

(IAS)means- The Indian Administrative Service

Qualification for IAS is Minimum Graduation,
Your Nationality should be Indian

No,There is no perfect age to start preparing for the IAS.

But you can join right after graduation
Age 21 or 22 yrs,

The total duration of the training period of IAS officers is 2 years .
16th June 2021, 01:55 PM
Afreen0786

IAS stands for (Indian Administrative Service)

After graduation you can start your preparation,
Age limit 21 or 22 years,

For good preparation you start:-
Read the newspaper,
Read the syllabus carefully,
Keep the spirit high

Best institute for IAS is :-

1.O2 IAS Academy

2.Chanakya IAS Academy

3.Brain Tree India

4.Vajiram and Ravi

5.Khan study circle.
19th June 2021, 03:37 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. The right time to start preperation for IAS is from first year of graduation itself. This exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The minimum qualification for IAS is graduation. Age limit is 21 or 22 years.

Candidate should be citizen of India

Maximum Attempts:
General: 06
OBC: 09
SC/ST : No limit

Exam Pattern:
Paper-I : Essay (250 Marks)
Paper-II : General Studies I (250 Marks)
Paper-III : General Studies II (250 Marks)
Paper-IV: General Studies III (250 Marks)
Paper-V: Optional Subject I (250 Marks)
Paper-VI: Optional Subject II (250 Marks).
19th June 2021, 03:49 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. The right time to start preperation for IAS is from first year of graduation itself. This exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The minimum qualification for IAS is graduation. Age limit is 21 or 22 years.

Candidate should be citizen of India

Maximum Attempts:
General: 06
OBC: 09
SC/ST : No limit

Exam Pattern:
Paper-I : Essay (250 Marks)
Paper-II : General Studies I (250 Marks)
Paper-III : General Studies II (250 Marks)
Paper-IV: General Studies III (250 Marks)
Paper-V: Optional Subject I (250 Marks)
Paper-VI: Optional Subject II (250 Marks).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?