31st March 2015, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to start IAS preparation along with Graduation course?

Is it possible for a student to start the studies of IAS along with graduation or can give any test or any exam of it.? Can you please provide me some tips which I need to follow for the same? I am just going to start my graduation course but I really wanted to study and prepare hard for IAS.

31st March 2015, 12:06 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to start IAS preparation along with Graduation course?

Yes of course, you can start IAS preparation along with your graduation. There is no problem, but you are eligible to apply for IAS exam after graduation only. You are not eligible to apply for IAS exam without completing graduation. Preparation of the IAS exam in initial stage itself is the best thing, but you can't apply for IAS examination. But after completing graduation, you are eligible to apply.

Tips for your preparation :

-> Try to spend minimum 2 to 3 hrs daily for reading history of India and Indian national movements, current affairs, Indian and world geography.

-> Try to answer the maximum previous year question papers of IAS Examination.

-> Regularly read the 3 to 4 types of news paper daily to gather more information what happening different places throughout the world.

-> Try to solve the maximum logical and analytical problems because maximum time will kill in this section only. If you are prepared well, you can save the maximum time in this section.

-> Try to attend mock test which is conducted by different online portals to test your knowledge.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS Exam :

1. You should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

2. No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination.

3. Your age should be between 21 years to 32 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

4. Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course are also eligible to apply.
31st March 2015, 11:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to start IAS preparation along with Graduation course?

Yes , you can definitely start the preparation from now only.I think the initiative you are going to take will help you in future.The Examination is conducted by UPSC and is among the toughest examination .So I think a single year preparation is not enough.

The eligibility criteria is a aspirants in the final year of graduation or even passed candidates from the recognized university can apply for it.
the candidates age must be between 21-30 years for general category candidates . There is relaxation of 3 years and 5 years in upper limit for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

The examination is conducted in three parts :
1.Preliminary.
2.Mains.
3.Interview.

So, from now only you can start reading newspaper and NCERT books of your earlier classes.This will help in you General Studies paper and in Eassy paper.

If you want to join any test series you can join in their General studies paper.
1st April 2015, 01:28 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Definitely if you are interested to become a IAS officer then you can start preparation from the graduation as well.There is No restriction for preparation in your graduation but simultaneously you have to concentrate on Graduation subjects as well.So My best suggestion is to you have to start the preparation from the initial stage of your graduation.Then you will get a good subject knowledge at the time of Examination.

1.You need to be work hard at the time of preparation of your graduation stage .

2.Try to concentrate on the Optional subjects as well from the beginning.

3.You must select the Coaching center for preparation.
1st April 2015, 11:16 AM
Ashwakh

Yes , you can prepare for the IAS exam when you are in Graduation . Infact , it is the best time to start preparing for the exam .

~ Try to spend notlessthan 2 hourse perday for preparation
~ Go for Coaching which helps you in many ways. The teaching staff will tell you Shortcuts and they will teach you how to adjust Time in the examination Hall

Now , in your Graduation read the Following books daily .

~ Indian History
~ Gegraphy
~ Indian Economy
~ Indian Polity
~ Genral science
~ Current affairs
~ Mental Ability
~ Data Interpretation
~ English comprehensive and Communication
~ Logical reasoning
2nd April 2015, 01:22 PM
kunalroy89

Off course it is possible.Infact if you can allocate good time for the simultaneous preparation for Civil service alongwith Graduation, it will help you in saving time in future.
First of all check the website of UPSC and find out previous papers.That will give you a fair idea of what and how to study.
And if you can choose your subject in which you will appear in the exam,then you can start preparation right now.Current affairs and general studies can be handled in final yeae completely as no one asks 3year old questions in current affairs.
You would be eligible to appear in final year so till then you have plenty of time. Work hard and you will succeed.
3rd April 2015, 01:28 PM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, as you will be eligible to write the civil services examination write after your graduation, You should start preparing for them from right now.

Try to understand the concepts of Arts subjects such as History, Geography, Polity etc as you will be having them in your GS paper.

If it is difficult to study them on your own then you should also start taking some coaching.
28th December 2016, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir my name is asharfi lal and want to become ias officer and I have done graduation 2016. My percentage is 55%. My age is 23 years am I able to apply for upsc .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?