5th January 2016, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Can SSC marks affect career?

Respected sir,
I am pursuing my BE from computer science stream and I am in 8 semester. I gave many interviews in software companies through campus drives and externally but always rejected. I scored 55% marks in ssc and I think that my ssc marks are the reason of my rejection. Is really ssc marks can affect my career?
Please reply and give some suggestion to improve myself.
Thanks.

6th January 2016, 09:00 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can SSC marks affect career?

No, it's doesn't affect much for getting recruited in companies. The interviews to which you are attending will be mostly based on your graduation performance. The Intermediate and SSC marks will play very less role in getting job.

I suggest you to improve your English fluency and Interpersonal skills. The candidates are mostly recruited based on these skills. Take mock interviews as many as possible and also improve your technical knowledge.
7th January 2016, 10:13 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can SSC marks affect career?

You have secured less than 60 percent in SSC. You have attended many software companies interview but unfortunately rejected in all of them.

**Basically in software companies they also look through your academic qualification too. This will be the reason of rejection in spite of giving good interview. Not only this due to low percentage you are not eligible in some good IT companies such as TCS, Infosys etc.

**In my opinion you have to try for government jobs in which it does not matter how much percentage you secure in the SSC. The only thing matter how much marks you secured in their written exam for the recruitment and how you perform in the interview. As you belong to Computer science student, you have to apply for SSC CGL, IBPS SO etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?