7th January 2016, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

What is the percentage required for IBPS PO?

I have score only 40% in my graduation, so can I appear for the IBPS PO exam? Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon!

8th January 2016, 06:58 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the percentage required for IBPS PO?

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection and it conducts Common Written Examination for post of clerk and Probationary officer for more than twenty nationalized banks.

You must be graduate from a recognized university to be eligible for this exam for any posts mentioned above. There is no such specific percentage criteria set by IBPS, you can apply with 40% marks in graduation also.

The age limit for IBPS Clerk is 20-28 years and that for IBPS PO is 20-30 years. Upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
8th January 2016, 09:55 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Percentage Required for IBPS PO Recruitment:

There is NO such percentage is required in order to be eligible for appearing in IBPS PO Recruitment. Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for IBPS PO Recruitment with the above mentioned percentage criteria. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for IBPS PO Recruitment is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. Since there is no such percentage criteria is required, I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in IBPS PO Recruitment.

For IBPS PO 2015 Recruitment:
>> All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognized by Govt.of India / approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should have been declared on or before 01.08.2015.
8th January 2016, 12:38 PM
Solution1
Junior Member+

No percentage required for IBPS PO examination. They didn't asked anything about that. The minimum academic Qualification to apply for this examination is that, you should have completed degree course. If you are completed degree course successfully. You are eligible to apply.
8th January 2016, 02:05 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum percentage criteria for IBPS PO examination.

Eligibility :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university in any stream.
  • Age of candidate must be from 20 to 30 years. relaxation in age is also there as per government norms.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
8th January 2016, 05:12 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts IBPS PO exam every year for the recruitment of Probationary Officers. You want to know about the complete information about this exam:

Educational qualification: The student must possess a graduation degree from a recognized university. It does not matter how much percentage you secure in the graduation degree.

Age Limit: 20- 30 years. Relaxation in age limit will be given to reserved category students.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by interview.

**But I am sorry to say that the recruitment process for IBPS PO for this year has been over. So, you are definitely eligible for the PO exam. You have to start your preparation for the next year.
8th January 2016, 07:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking and Personnel Service and it is institute that conducts examination for the recruitment of Probationary officer / Special Officer / Clerks for around 20 nationalized banks of India.

--> For appearing in the IBPS PO bank examination you must have the qualifications mentioned here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 21 years to 30 years in case you belong to general category as there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your bachelor's degree course with any discipline from a recognized university. Also there is no percentage bar for one's eligibility for the same examination. So you are eligible on the basis of your educational qualification having completed your bachelor degree course with 40% aggregate.

* You must have the additional knowledge of working on computers as the banking works are computer based along with good communication skills.

Also the examination is being conducted in three stages which includes Written examination, Mains and Personality Assessment Test ( Interview ).

For more details about the same you can log on to the link www.ibps.in.
8th January 2016, 11:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have score only 40% in my graduation, so can I appear for the IBPS PO exam? Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon!
IBPS stand for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selections.

Only those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS PO exam.

IBPS PO exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years.

http://www.ibps.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?