17th March 2016, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to sit for NET exam in Human Rights field?

Sir/madam,

I have done MA in human rights and now wants to appear for NET in human rights. I want to know about the eligibility criteria for sitting for the NET examination? Please help me out.

Related Questions:
17th March 2016, 05:24 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to sit for NET exam in Human Rights field?

Eligibility for NET examination:

1. The basic eligibility for appearing in NET examination is that the candidate should have a Masters degree or equivalent in related subjects from a recognized University.

2. Aspirants must have obtained a minimum of 55% in PG.

3. Aspirants appearing or have appeared for final year exams are also eligible.

4. Aspirants should have pursued their course as specified by UGC.

5. Candidates who have qualified the SET exam are also eligible to appear for this examination.
17th March 2016, 07:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need post graduation qualification in same field with at least 55% marks to become eligible UGC NET Exam. In case of reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks available.

Therefore, make sure that you have required post graduation degree with marks to become eligible for the exam.
17th March 2016, 11:10 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and it is conducted by UGC twice every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as Lecturer or JRF.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that, the candidate must have passed master's degree from any recognised university with minimum 55% And age limit to appear for JRF is 19-28 years with relaxation in upper age limit of 5 years for reserved category.

There is no age limit to appear in examination for lecturer. The examination is conducted in month of June and September. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ugc.ac.in
17th March 2016, 11:51 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/madam,

I have done MA in human rights and now wants to appear for NET in human rights. I want to know about the eligibility criteria for sitting for the NET examination? Please help me out.
The eligibility to appear for NET examination conducted by UGC is a pass in Master’s Degree with 55% marks (50% for OBC/SC/ST) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. The examination is highly competitive in nature. The aspirant has to prepare well to score good marks in the NET.

- For JRF - The candidate age should be not more than 28 years and relaxation will be given to the reserved category candidates.
- For Lectureship: There is no age limit.

examination. The website link is Click here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?