31st October 2015, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma course completion equal to completion of a degree? Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam?

Hello,

I am Diploma in Electronics and Communication, can i take a IAS exam, is diploma equal to degree? Can someone please give me the complete information on the same as soon as possible? Awaiting for the answer from all. Thank you!

1st November 2015, 07:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma course completion equal to completion of a degree? Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam?

No, you are not eligible to apply for IAS examination after completion of your three years Diploma course in Electronics and Communication Engineering. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you must have obtained Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Since, Diploma course is not equal to degree level, you are not eligible to appear in IAS examination. So, I suggest you to pursue B.E/B.Tech course after completion of your Diploma course, so, that you are eligible to appear in IAS examination.
2nd November 2015, 11:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma course completion equal to completion of a degree? Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

I am Diploma in Electronics and Communication, can i take a IAS exam, is diploma equal to degree? Can someone please give me the complete information on the same as soon as possible? Awaiting for the answer from all. Thank you!
No, diploma course is not equivalent to graduation degree.

Diploma candidates are not eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
2nd November 2015, 06:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is never equivalent to degree qualification. Therefore, a diploma holder can't apply for IAS exam according to the eligibility criteria. Hence, you have to complete graduation first then apply for the exam.

For you there is lateral entry exam for admission in engineering courses. You will get admission in 2nd year directly through this exam being a diploma holder which will help you to save one year.
2nd November 2015, 11:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma course is not equal to degree course.

Eligibility to appear in IAS exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for graduate candidates.

1. Graduate candidates are allowed to appear in the exam with minimum percentage 55% and 50 % for reserved categories.

2. Age 21-28 and is relaxed to 5 years in case of SC and ST and 3 years for OBC.

You do not cover the eligibility area hence you are not eligible to give the exam after diploma.
14th May 2017, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

I WANT TO BECOME IAS BUT I HAVE COMPLETED DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGG AT THE AGE OF 19 YEARS FROM DELHI PLEASE SUGGEST ME THAT HOW TO PREPARE FOR THIS EXAM
11th September 2017, 05:11 PM
kunalroy89

Diploma is not equivalent to degree.Minimum qualifications needed for appearing in Civil Services is Graduation degree. You cannot appear for IAS after diploma. Complete your B.E/B.Tech through colleges or through AMIE by distance education and then you will be eligible.
You can get admission in lateral entry in direct 2nd year of B.Tech.If you want to work,you can opt for distance learning abd apply in AMIE online which is a govt recognised​ body,and complete your engineering degree there. Check website of AMIE for more details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?