5th May 2016, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PGT teacher post after completion of B.Ed course?

Sir/Mam,

I did my b.ed after graduation and post graduation after b.ed in that case may i applicable for the post of pgt teacher? Can you tell me what is the minimum criteria required to apply for the post? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do B.Ed from CCS university? Which are the teaching subjects in B.Ed? After B.Ed what are the requirements for TGT and PGT courses? Is there any post or vacancy in government schools for government teachers?
  2. Is it compulsory to do B.Ed after completing MCA to apply for PGT teacher in CBSE school?
  3. Eligibility for PGT after post graduation in geophysics?
  4. Age limit for General candidates for Teachers post in Government Schools?
  5. Is B.Ed or BTC necessary for PGT?
  6. Am I eligible to become a teacher in central school after completion of PG in physics stream?
  7. Minimum qualification needed for NET PGT exam?
  8. Without B.Ed can I get primary teacher post after qualifying TET? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I apply for PGT teacher after doing MBA and B.Ed in person
  10. What is the eligibility criteria followed for applying computer teacher TGT and PGT in central school?
  11. Is CTET essential for PGT teachers?
  12. How to become a PGT teacher in History? Percentage requirement to get admission in post graduation?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for school teacher post after completion of BCA and post graduation in PGDBM with HR specialization?
  14. How to apply for the position of PGT Teacher? Required age criteria for this?
  15. What is the eligibility for primary teacher and PGT post in government school of Delhi?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for the high school TET exam for teacher post after completion of BCA course?
  17. What is the criteria for Post Graduate Teacher post in KV?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for the post of principal for recruitment by UPSC at an age of 45 years with 20 years of service as PGT?
5th May 2016, 02:18 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PGT teacher post after completion of B.Ed course?

Eligibility Criteria Required for "Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)" post:

>> The basic qualification required for the post of PGT is, "Master's Degree" from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks.

AND

>> B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) from a recognized university.

>> Besides having the above mentioned qualification, you are required to quality in State Teacher Eligibility Test or CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test).

>> As you have completed Post Graduate Degree and B.Ed, I suggest you to first appear in STET or CTET Examination in order to become Post Graduate Teacher (PGT).
5th May 2016, 02:41 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for PGT teacher post after completion of B.Ed.

PGT stands for Post Graduate Teachers.

The eligibility criteria required for PGT entrance exam are as under :-

-The candidate must possess post graduation degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized university .

-The candidate must have passed B.Ed. degree along with the PG degree .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam should be in between 28 years to 40 years. There is relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The selection process involves of written test followed by interview .

Exam Pattern :

The questions will be asked in the form of objective type multiple choice questions based on general awareness, reasoning, mathematics, historical facts and science questions etc. Other part of question paper will be of Descriptive Type consisting of 120 marks for period of 3 hours. The question paper will be asked in both English as well as Hindi medium .
5th May 2016, 08:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I did my b.ed after graduation and post graduation after b.ed in that case may i applicable for the post of pgt teacher? Can you tell me what is the minimum criteria required to apply for the post? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon.
You have completed post graduation degree and B.Ed course. so, you are eligible for PGT teacher.

Those candidates who have completed post graduation degree with above 50% marks from a recognized University are eligible for PGT teacher. B.Ed degree is essential for this job.
6th May 2016, 12:54 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for recruitment as Post Graduate Teacher after appearing and qualifying in the TET/CTET examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed post graduation and have B.Ed from any recognised university. So, you are eligible to appear for examination.

There is no age limit and for more details about examination visit at the respective official website of the state. For CTET visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
14th September 2017, 01:15 AM
kunalroy89

As you have both Postgraduate degree and B.Ed certificate,you are certainly eligible for PGT in govt and private schools.
You can appear for State level TET or CTET for Central schools.
18th September 2020, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

If i have done b.ed first nd then m.com...then can i apply for pgt?
26th July 2021, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

I did my B. Ed first and then MA /Pos-Graduation. Can I apply for Post Graduate Teacher's post?
23rd February 2022, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Can i do pgt with 50% marks in graduation
30th July 2022, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Ihave done B.Ed after graduation and then completed Masters degree. am I eligible for PGT???
21st April 2023, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

If i do b.ed after graduation and them ma in economics am i be eligible for pgt post?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?