10th June 2016, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as a officer after completion of 12th science?

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as a officer after completion of 12th science? Can you please let me know the information on this? What are the steps we have to follow for the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me with the answer soon.

10th June 2016, 12:39 PM
13precious

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as a officer after completion of 12th science?

Yes you are eligible to join Indian Navy after completing 12th with science subjects.

After completing 12th you will have to appear NDA (National Defense Academy) exam.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:-

12th passed with Physics,Chemistry & Mathematics

Age should be 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Only unmarried male candidates can apply.
10th June 2016, 01:07 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as a officer after completion of 12th science?

It is good that you are interested to serve in Indian Navy as a officer but for that you have to pass your class 12th from Science stream and then you have to qualify the entrance exam known as NDA that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year. Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.
10th June 2016, 02:08 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard with Science stream from a Government recognised board.

To join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard, you need to appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) examination. The NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Services examination twice a year in the months of April and September for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Armed Forces.

Eligibility Criteria :-

=> You should be a citizen of India.

=> You must be an Unmarried Male candidate and must be in the age of 16 1/2 to 19 years as 1st January or 1st July of the year of of examination.

=> You must have passed Higher Secondary course or equivalent in Science stream with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> You must be Physically fit.

Application Process :-
If you are interested to join in Indian Navy then, you need to apply for NDA examination through online at UPSC official website http://upsconline.nic.in/ before last date of submission of application forms, once the NDA examination notification has released.
10th June 2016, 02:18 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as a officer after completion of 12th science? Can you please let me know the information on this? What are the steps we have to follow for the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me with the answer soon.
Indian nevy offers various jobs at different post based on candidates qualification.
There is mainly two ways of entry in Indian nevy are available after completing 12th from science stream.
1). Salior Entry
2). Officer Entry
1). For Sailor Entry- Form contains (AA/SSR/MR/MNR) Posts for which following condition must be fulfilled.
~ A candidate must have passed 12th with PCM from any recognised institution and got atleast 50% markes in aggregate.
~ Age of candidate must lie between 17 to 20 years.
~ He must be an Indian citizen.
>>>Selection happen through Written test (contains 100 ques. deal in 60 minutes), Physical Fitness Test (1.6 km running within 6 minutes, 20 push-ups, 10 squat-up) followed by Medical test of the candidate.
2). For Officer Entry-
There is no written test. Only interview (which is conducted by SSB) & Medical test need to qualify successfully.
To apply for it a candidate must have at least 75% in PCM & age must lie between 17 to 20 years.
Only then you are eligible to apply through officer entry.
>>Forms for exams are available both online & offline. You can visit to official website of Indian nevy which is www.nausena-bharti.com
10th June 2016, 07:31 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes you eligible to join Indian Navy as a officer after completion of 12th with science.

You need to apply for the NDA Entrance examination.which is conducted by UPSC every year.

You will also fulfill the following physical requirement:-

**Your Height should be minimum of 157cm.

**You should be having good Physically and Mentally fit to apply for Short Service Examination.

**you should not be having Colour Blindness.

**You should not use Glasses.
10th June 2016, 09:44 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in defence services.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board.

To appear for Navy and Air Force candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as main paper.

For Army candidates must have passed 10+2 with any discipline. After qualifying in both stages of examination you are eligible for final recruitment.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th June 2016, 09:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Navy after completion of 12th standard in Science.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for Indian Navy through NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

The written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.
10th June 2016, 10:03 PM
vickyhansi

You can join Indian Navy after 12th science through NDA exam.

NDA exam stands for National Defense Service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

Education Qualification:

12th standard from a recognized university

Science stream for Indian Navy and Air Force

Any stream for Air Force

Age limit is 16.5-19 years.

Selection Process:

Written exam which consist General ability, General English and Mathematics

SSB Interview

Physical and Medical Test
10th June 2016, 11:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for becoming a defense officer i.e; lieutenant having completed your Class 12th with Science stream but for the same you need to join NDA by clearing NDA entrance examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is an academy meant for providing education and training to those who manages to clear NDA entrance examination and are looking to be a defense officer.

NDA entrance examination is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board ( SSB ) interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the same examination, you must have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with any stream from a recognized board of education.But for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force your stream of academics must include Physics and Mathematics as your main subjects.

* You must maintain physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For further details about the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th June 2016, 09:51 AM
pyare7

You can join Indian Navy after 12th standard through NDA exam. NDA exam stands for National Defense Service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility for NDA exam:

You should have passed 12th standard from a recognized board

Age limit is 16.5-19 years.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

Selection Process:

Written exam

SSB Interview

Physical and Medical Test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?