20th June 2010, 09:25 PM
yogeshbisht999

Scope of non technical dept (Safety supervisor) after Diploma in mechanical Engineering?

Dear Sir,
I have passed Diploma in Mech in 2009. Now I am as a safety supervisor. Is it good for career growth or I should go for technical Dept. Please guide me.
Regards
Yogesh

Related Questions:
  1. What is the requirement for freshers to get the job? -- [New]
  2. B.Tech correspondence after Diploma in Mechanical, Diploma in Safety Engineering and 10 years of work experience?
  3. Chances of getting admission in Diploma(Industrial Safety) for an Arts graduate and Safety department employee?
  4. Is course of BSc(Fire and Safety) in Swami Vivekananda University approved by state technical board?
  5. Last 6 year papers of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Can I have a bright future in fire and safety engineering?
  7. What kind of job can I get after completing diploma engineering in mechanical with 3 years experience as a site supervisor?
  8. How many branches are there to study in Polytechnic course?
  9. How to study Safety related PG course, being a Safety Officer who has completed PG Diploma in Fire Engineering and Safety Management?
  10. Last 6 years question papers of diploma in Mechanical engineering from technical examination board of PSR?
  11. Last 6 years question papers of diploma in Mechanical engineering from technical examination board of VMR?
  12. Differences among Fire Engineering and Fire & Safety Engineering of Diploma course?
  13. Which course should I do after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering to get more scope for a job in future?
  14. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 10th around 6 years ago?
  15. What is the scope of Fire and Safety test?
  16. Last 6 years question papers of diploma in Mechanical engineering
  17. Is there any scope to do B.Tech after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  18. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
21st June 2010, 01:34 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Scope of non technical dept (Safety supervisor) after Diploma in mechanical Engineering?

I think Technical Department would be much better for you.

Thats because "Safety & Security" department are generally dominated by Safety Engineers, Safety officers, Safety Technicians which are generally have Diploma/degree/Vocational degree in (Safety Engineering, Fire Engineering, Safety Navigation etc.....)

But that does'nt mean Safety department is bad for Diploma in Mechanical Engineers almost 60% high posts/rankings in safety department are dominated my Mechanical Engineers, but who? Either one who is Degree holder or Diploma holder with at least 7 years of work experiance.

Now, decision is yours both options are available for you.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
21st June 2010, 12:34 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Scope of non technical dept (Safety supervisor) after Diploma in mechanical Engineering?

Dear friend,
as a mechanical engineer,you should prefer to go to the technical side rather than servinh in non-technical dept.
Your knowledge will be helpful to the technical management field for sure and with that you can gather experience which may help you in future.
Good luck!
21st June 2010, 02:11 PM
August
Senior Member+

as compared to technical post i think scope of non technical is less.

in a company no. of safety superviser is far less as compared to the no. of diploma engineers.

as u have done diploma in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

so u can opt 4 good technical jobs and u will ger good salary & satisfaction.

best of luck.
3rd July 2010, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

what can you do after diploma in mechanical engineering
4th July 2010, 08:08 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what can you do after diploma in mechanical engineering

One of the best option you have is to go for Higher Studies means B.Tech for which you have lateral entry scheme.

Well, if you want to go in job market then generally following options are there for you.

1) Starting with mechanic upto chief mechanic.

2) Safety Officer in Indutry/Factory

3) Fire Engineer.

4) Installation and Operation Technician/officer.

5) Maitainance of furnace/Machinery, etc....
4th July 2010, 09:04 PM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

Hi yogesh,

Safety supervisor plays a main role in the case of Power plants and other hazardous areas. Normally safety is a matter of necessity everywhere and it has a good scope. Apart from that, my kind advice to you is to continue BE Mechanical in evening college and become a degree holder. You work as a safety supervisor and after finishing your BE, you can become well expert in technical as you wish.Its little difficult to go for college as well to work. My sisters husband doing the same. So it wont be difficult for you. All the best!!!!
18th August 2010, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Non Technical Jobafter Diploma in mechanical Engineering?

Dear Sir,
I have passed Diploma in Mech in 1994 Now I am as a pad printing In charge . Is it good for career growth or I should go for technical Dept. Please guide me.
Regards
Prabhu.N
19th August 2010, 12:29 AM
danveer

Thumbs up Re: Scope of non technical dept (Safety supervisor) after Diploma in mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbisht999 View Post
Dear Sir,
I have passed Diploma in Mech in 2009. Now I am as a safety supervisor. Is it good for career growth or I should go for technical Dept. Please guide me.
Regards
Yogesh
yes you have think good point to go to the technical dept.yes it will be more benificial for you to join technical field.
best of luck dear.................
19th August 2010, 01:16 AM
khusi

hi,
if you are really interested in technical aspect only then go to that department,
because the scope for safety professionals is slowly growing in India,these days even the people from safety field are paid well and as you have an experience of one year ,you should do well in the field
all the best
19th August 2010, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
i m bcom graduate n now i hv taken admission in nifs for pgdiploma in fire and safety officer. is it good for career after bcom????
thanks and regards
19th August 2010, 03:14 PM
richa420
Banned

frnd
it will be better for u that u should go to technical department, ther u will get large opportunity to grow urself.

This job is for person who hav degree or vocational training in safety or fire engineering.

thanks
26th October 2010, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

After safety diploma, is there any chance to improve my diploma to BH in safety .
20th January 2011, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

sir I have down PG Diploma in Industrial safety Management,what is the scope of this course in future in India?
20th January 2011, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
i m bcom graduate n now i hv taken admission in PG diploma in fire and safety officer what is the scope of this course in India & Abroad in future ?
13th March 2011, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

HOW MANY SAFETY PERSONS IN MNC COMPANY
28th April 2011, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of safety department in the future? what are the courses i can prefer after finishing my B.Sc computer science?
2nd May 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

hi im a computer science engineering graduate.I wanted to know whether a technical job would be good or should i go for non technical jobs like pmo job,please help.
3rd June 2011, 01:24 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

hai...
if you are really interested in technical aspect only then go to that department,
because the scope for safety professionals is slowly growing in India,these days even the people from safety field are paid well and as you have an experience of one year ,you should do well in the field
17th October 2011, 03:32 AM
Unregistered

sir,i m a electrician & i would like to take addmison in diploma in fire&safty. is this course will help me to be an officer,please tell me. RAVI RANJAN
1st November 2011, 10:26 PM
sathish0038

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle View Post
Dear friend,
as a mechanical engineer,you should prefer to go to the technical side rather than servinh in non-technical dept.
Your knowledge will be helpful to the technical management field for sure and with that you can gather experience which may help you in future.
Good luck!
One of the best option you have is to go for Higher Studies means B.Tech for which you have lateral entry scheme.

Well, if you want to go in job market then generally following options are there for you.

1) Starting with mechanic upto chief mechanic.

2) Safety Officer in Indutry/Factory

3) Fire Engineer.

4) Installation and Operation Technician/officer.

5) Maitainance of furnace/Machinery, etc....
9th April 2012, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.tech but not graduated due to arrears so i am decided to take diploma in fire and safety course........in future if i choose safety officer as my job there will be an problem from graduation or not(or only 12 std and diploma is enough ).....pls reply
8th July 2012, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Dear friends,
I completed PG Diploma in HSE, My Academic degree have B.Sc, So Plz. me what r future of Safety in India. and
What salary get me.
8th July 2012, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Dear friends,
I completed PG Diploma in HSE, My Academic degree have B.Sc, So Plz. me what r future of Safety in India. and
What salary get me.
21st August 2012, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

sir i have done current now computer engg, but i want to do a b.tech or b.sc in a fire & safety , it is good for me plz give immediately reply.
11th December 2012, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=yogeshbisht999;102328]Dear Sir,
I have passed Diploma in Mech in 2009. Now I am as a third party inspection engineer in mahanagar gas ltd.mumbai . and also complete advanced dip in fire and safety so can u tell me about nebosh..which is useful me..
6th February 2017, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

I am a mechanical engineer with NEBOSH IGC with 5 years of experience in HSE. Is it compulsory to go for NEBOSH diploma if I have to become an HSE Manager?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?