26th December 2009, 01:03 PM

Got only 51% marks in intermediate will it be good for me to prepare for MBA

I have got second division marks in 12th and now studying in B.Sc(Ag) .will you suggest me my carrier in the field of MBA.

14th January 2010, 04:51 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

Default Re: Got only 51% marks in intermediate will it be good for me to prepare for MBA

most of the MBA colleges require a minimum of 60% in inter for an general candidate,so if you are an general candidate you are not eligible for MBA
14th January 2010, 04:57 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Got only 51% marks in intermediate will it be good for me to prepare for MBA

ir depends on the college which you are applying,but most of the colleges require a minimum of 60% in inter
14th January 2010, 10:18 AM
ryan
Senior Member+

hi friend,

i would suggest you to prepare for MBA for sure,

because 2nd division in 12th class doesn't matter much,when you appear for MBA exams like CAT,XAT,MAT,IIFT etc.

these exams seek the graduation marks as their eligibility criteria.

but some of the top institutes like IIM's give around 5% to 10% weightage to 10th and 12th marks.

but dont worry much about that,because if you can score well in their entrance exam then 12th marks factor would hardly matter.

best of luck!!
14th January 2010, 12:06 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Ya you can opt for MBA in relevant fiald for good career prospect.

Go for MBA in sales,marketing,supply chain management,biotechnology management etc.

You can go by cracking the entrance's like CAT,MAT,XAT,OPENMAT etc.

Best of luck
14th January 2010, 01:00 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

any one can go for mba.....it just requires one to be a graduate......
it doesnt matter what have you scored in you intermediate...
if you prepare hard ....and have a aptitude for it......no one can stop you.....

join any private coaching classes like ...TIMES ....they will help to scpre good in mba exams .....

best of luck
15th January 2010, 01:54 PM
himansh

it really depends in which institute you are taking admission.....but these marks are common almost in all colleges .......so you are eligible for it
24th January 2010, 03:04 AM
edward
Top Answerer

firstly i dosent matter that how much marks you got in intermediate exam....second i suggest you to go for MBA because after this you will be having a much better life....and for that field which is more in demand and try to get admissions in a good colleges like IIM,XLRI and foreign colleges.
29th January 2010, 02:02 AM
priya143

hi,

go for MBA because it dosent matter much that what you have scored in your 12th class,all maters is your marks scored in graduation because,
many college have their eligibility criteria as 60% in graduation.

some of the best colleges give weightage to marks scored in 12th like IIM's but that to they provide only around 5 marks to it.

so if you score well in written then 12th marks will hardly matter.

best of luck
30th January 2010, 05:02 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

only some colleges require 60% in 12
most of them requires 50% & some also requires 45%
mba exams hardley depends on your 12 marks
for CET:There are
200 marks for written test
17 marks for GD
17 for PI
2 marks for 10 th marks
2 marks for 12 th marks.
for 10 & 12(<60 no marks, 60>75 one marks, more then 75 two marks )
so you can see it hardly matters
best of luck
30th January 2010, 06:18 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

preparation of mba is not depend only marks its ddepends on your determination.
30th January 2010, 08:30 PM
sumitkumarinmit

you can go for mba but score well in your graduation level many colleges will see only graduation performance

above 60% in graduation can do but study hard for the entrance exam and try to become one among the top ranker this will give you a chance to hide 12th marks.......

best of luck and try till you succeed and after that also......
5th February 2010, 09:39 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

thats not a matter, firstly you should have to be a graduate with minimum 50% marks and then apply for entrance test. if you should score good marks in mat/cat exams , then you can easily get admission.
8th February 2010, 09:30 PM
thakurbaba307

most business schools give weightage to inter and graduation score....but the field of agri-management or agri-business management will suit you
14th February 2010, 10:06 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

for mba you dont need marks got by memorising and reflecting .. you need to have good stuff in maths and verbal with some leadership qualities
28th February 2010, 08:30 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

iam sorry friend to tell you that most of the b school requiore atleast 60% marks in +2,but still you can get adminision in ok colleage.
7th March 2010, 02:08 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

sorry friend you can not enter for mba exam because most of the mba colleges require at least 60%marks in intermediate.
8th March 2010, 10:02 PM
mathur

mba entrance exam does not need your 12th percentage. they just need 60% for general candidates in graduation. don't take tension just work hard, score good marks in graduation.... crack CAT/MAT/XAT.

have faith on yourself that you can do it and you will do it.

good luck
8th March 2010, 10:40 PM
meenakumari

Quote:
Originally Posted by om@[email protected] View Post
I have got second division marks in 12th and now studying in B.Sc(Ag) .will you suggest me my carrier in the field of MBA.
it depends on the college but most of the colleges require minimum 60% marks.......
9th March 2010, 02:45 AM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
there are certain colleges with the 60% criteria but you will find ones which ask for 45-50% marks
no need to worry. You can definately appear for MBA
join some private coaching institutes as well
they will provide good guidance as to what field to opt for
all the best
9th March 2010, 04:21 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

dear friend,
if your aptitude is good then definately you can pt for MBA,at that instant your marks will not matter too much.but on that part some of the colleges keeps 60% as their cut of percentage.so you need to check out before filling up of form.AS far as CAT is concerned it has a very colleges under it.so start preparing for CAT and do well because your 51% will not matter if crack the exam.
ALL THE BEST
4th May 2010, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

I NEED TO KNOW THAT WHICH MBA COURSE IS EFFICIENT FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
13th August 2010, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

hiiiiiiii my name is abhishek i am not satisfied at all my 12th std. i could secured only 54.80 percentage marks in 12th class.because of that problem i am not able to fill bank clerical exam form because most of the bank need minimum 60% marks in 12 std. now i am doing bca from jiwaji university so please tell me about my career. is it right choice to do bca after 12th ? and what should i do after bca? and what should i really do so that i don't have to face any problem because of my less percentage marks in 12th class?
13th August 2010, 02:18 AM
akjain.jain495

Quote:
Originally Posted by asish View Post
dear friend
there are certain colleges with the 60% criteria but you will find ones which ask for 45-50% marks
no need to worry. You can definately appear for MBA
join some private coaching institutes as well
they will provide good guidance as to what field to opt for
all the best
dont worry u will get gud college . there r so many colleges in our country .
14th August 2010, 10:32 AM
amit1057
Senior Member+

dear friend,
your English ,aptitude is good then definitely you can prepare for MBA.
but some college take no admission without 60%.
and camp using time may take some problem.
If you will be topper in your college then you can get chance.
1st September 2010, 02:14 PM
syedirshadameen

you should need minimum 60% in intermediate tyey will ask 60% minimum
20th March 2011, 01:04 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
Ya you can opt for MBA in relevant fiald for good career prospect.

Go for MBA in sales,marketing,supply chain management,biotechnology management etc.

You can go by cracking the entrance's like CAT,MAT,XAT,OPENMAT etc.
thank
29th April 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir i secured 73% in tenth exam , i got 57 %marks in intermediate and i got 60% marks in graduation . I did my graduation in private mode . So am i legible for cat, mat, xat. ? . I am very hardworking boy . So can u tell me that percentage matters for placement ?. If i do mba from cat or xat than than percentage matters for placement.?
28th May 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

I have only 48% marks in 12th, but good marks in UG, PG and 10th. i m persuing last year of MCA at BIT. can you name the companies who can recruit me for placement. or whether i should opt for off campus placements?
19th June 2011, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

i have 57% in 12, 55% in 10 and 44% in graduation now pursuing MBA if i get good marks in MBA then will my past academics marks matter?
1st July 2011, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

I scored 75% in 10th standard and 52% in 12th standard and 62% in BBA(Correspondence). Can I still apply for good MBA colleges if I score well in CAT/GMAT/MAT/ etc.. which exam do you suggest and which college do you suggest for me?
30th November 2011, 05:47 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

hi friend,

i would suggest you to prepare for MBA for sure,

because 2nd division in 12th class doesn't matter much,when you appear for MBA exams like CAT,XAT,MAT,IIFT etc.

these exams seek the graduation marks as their eligibility criteria.

but some of the top institutes like IIM's give around 5% to 10% weightage to 10th and 12th marks.

but dont worry much about that,because if you can score well in their entrance exam then 12th marks factor would hardly matter.

best of luck
12th January 2014, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

i got 83% in ssc and 81% in intermediate .. how many marks will be counted for CAT score???????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?