3rd February 2017, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join the Indian Army after completing Civil Engineering? Can I join the Indian Army with weak eye sight and a Tattoo on my wrist?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Civil Engineering and after completing it I want to join the Indian Army so I want to know am I eligible to join the Indian Army after completing Civil Engineering? Can I join the Indian Army with weak eye sight and a Tattoo on my wrist? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Indian Army after completing B.Tech course?
  2. Can I join Defence with weak eye side?
  3. Am I eligible to join Indian Army if pursuing B.Com Pass? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army?
  4. Am I eligible to join the Indian Army without completing class 10th? What is the procedure to join the Indian Army?
  5. How can I join the Indian Army after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  6. How to join Indian Army after completion of B.Tech in IT? What will be the career scope for me in Indian Army?
  7. Eligibility criteria in Indian Army for B.tech, female, age 21, height 149cm, eye-sight correction -1.50?
  8. Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completing 12th Arts with 50%? Minimum and Maximum height required to join Indian Army?
  9. Am I eligible to join Army if I have height 170 cm? -- [New]
  10. What is the minimum height required for Indian Army? Can I join with 162 cms of height?
  11. Can a person wearing glasses join Indian Army?
  12. Am I eligible to join the Indian Army after completing Aeronautical Engineering?
  13. How to join Indian Army after completing 12th without NCC?
  14. Can I join the Indian Army after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering? What is the procedure to apply for the same?
  15. Indian Army after PG in Political science with 63% marks and age 26.5?
  16. Can a girl join Indian Army after 12th with eyesight of 2.5 in right eye and 1.5 in left eye?
  17. How to join Indian Army being a girl and gold medalist in high jump?
  18. How to join Indian Army after passing 10th? What is the criteria to join Indian Army? -- [Most Discussed]
25th December 2017, 09:44 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join the Indian Army after completing Civil Engineering? Can I join the Indian Army with weak eye sight and a Tattoo on my wrist?

Yes, you can join in Indian army after completing civil engineering. CDS (Combined Defence Service) exam is conducted twice every year by UPSC.

The eligibility requirements for the CDS are as follows:
- The candidate should be citizen of India.
- The candidate should have completed their graduation level degree from any recognized university.
- The eye should be 6/6 in one eye and 6/12 in another eye. It will be correctable to 6/6. The eye sight can be +/- 3.5 but if the candidates having eye weaker than this are not eligible for applying to CDS exam.
- Tattoos are allowed only if the candidate is having the tattoo in the inner side of the fore arms and on the backside of the palm.

For more details about the tattoos you can visit the official website of UPSC.

For full details about the physical requirements, notifications, application forms and other details check the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?