20th July 2017, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Can a 12th with Art stream study Fashion degree course? Can I study Diploma or Bachelor degree?

Hello sir, I am studying in 12th with Art stream and want to study Fashion Designing course. Please tell me am I eligible for it? Can I study Diploma or Bachelor degree?

20th July 2017, 05:01 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th with Art stream study Fashion degree course? Can I study Diploma or Bachelor degree?

Yes definitely a candidate who has completed 12th standard with Arts stream is eligible to apply for fashion designing degree course.
One who has completed 10 + 2 is eligible to apply for either diploma or degree course.
If you want to take admission in government institute then you have to appear in NIFT entrance exam.
Otherwise on the basis of money donation you can get admission in any private Institute on management quota Institute.
20th July 2017, 05:26 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th with Art stream study Fashion degree course? Can I study Diploma or Bachelor degree?

Eligibility to join fashion designing degree course:

Aspirants must have completed 10 + 2 from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks.

They must have completed their 10 + 2 in any discipline from a recognised board.

Being Arts student you are eligible to pursue degree course in fashion designing.

Entrance exams:

SOFT

NIFT

NIFD
20th July 2017, 05:35 PM
shivashangkar ngangom

Yes,you can study but you have to clear 12 with 50% and then you are eligible to study it.
20th July 2017, 08:56 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

After you complete your inter degree with minimum 60% you can study B.Sc in Fashion designing from various institute. Candidate can also sit in entrance exam where on rank basis you will be allot college in India
Entrance exam
** NIFT
** NID
** CEED (for IIT Bombay)

Fashion designing colleges on basis of above exam
++ National Institute Of Fashion Technology , Delhi
++ National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
++ National Institute of Fashion Technology, Patna
++ Pearl academy , Jaipur
20th July 2017, 09:22 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue fashion designing course after 12th with Arts stream. You are eligible for admission in bachelor degree course.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in B.Des course. The eligibility to get admission in course is :

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

The required aggregate and age limit to appear varies with course.

NIFT , Symibiosis, LPU and other institutes conduct admission entrance test for admission.

For detail information visit at www.nift.ac.in.
21st July 2017, 02:01 PM
GopinKumar

Smile Re: Can a 12th with Art stream study Fashion degree course? Can I study Diploma or Bachelor degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am studying in 12th with Art stream and want to study Fashion Designing course. Please tell me am I eligible for it? Can I study Diploma or Bachelor degree?
Hi.. You can definitely go for Designing courses after your 12th with Arts. Because the eligibility for the courses like BDesign, BSc Design in Fashion Deign, Interior Design, Product design etc are to score not less than 50% in 12th with any stream. So you can visit the websites of the institutes like NIFT, Vogue Institute, Lovely Professional University, Pearl institute etc. You can get scholarships too for successful completion of the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?