1st March 2018, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NEET exam after completing 12th with Arts stream?

Can I apply for the NEET exam after completing my 12th from Arts stream with the subjects I have given for the boards are English, Hindi, Economics, Sociology, Political Science and History?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to appear in NEET 2019 after taking arts stream?
  2. Possibility to appear in both NEET and CET for 12th Science candidate who has done 11th with Arts stream? -- [New]
  3. Are Arts students eligible to apply for NEET exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which Bank courses are available after completing class 12th with Arts stream?
  5. Possibility to study B.Com for an Arts student?
  6. What is the scope of Arts for 10th student?
  7. What are the jobs available in the Indian Navy after completing class 12th with Arts stream? How can I apply for jobs?
  8. Which group of subjects should I choose in Intermediate with Science stream to apply for NEET exam?
  9. Can I pursue a career in Medical Field after completing class 12th with Arts stream?
  10. What are the career opportunities available after completing class 12th with Arts stream?
  11. How can I become an IPS Officer after completing class 12th with Arts stream? Which exam should I prepare for? How a B.Sc graduate can get a Government job? How can I prepare for the job?
  12. Can I do CA after completing 12th with Arts stream
  13. Whether I can apply for NEET exam after completing class 12th with PCM or do I need to complete class 12th again with PCB next year?
  14. Which is the best Medical stream to choose after 12th without clearing NEET?
  15. What are the career options except engineering? Details about the information of ISRO test?
  16. Whether admission into DIET is applicable only for 12th Science stream students or Arts students can also apply?
  17. What is the minimum age criteria to appear for the NEET/AIPMT exams in 2018?
  18. Failed 12th from Commerce stream and want to re-write the exam from Arts stream. How should I apply for it?
4th March 2018, 11:05 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NEET exam after completing 12th with Arts stream?

No, you are not eligible to apply for NEET examination after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream. To be eligible to apply for NEET examination, you should have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% marks and English as a subject in the qualifying examination from a Government recognised board. Since, you have not passed 12th standard with PCB stream, you are not eligible to apply for NEET examination.
4th March 2018, 03:35 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that it is compulsory to have biology as main subject in 12th to be eligible for NEET entrance examination.
As you have mentioned that you have completed 12th from Arts stream then as per this you are not eligible to appear in NEET 2018 examination.
4th March 2018, 05:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level entrance examination which is held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree courses in any medical college across India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NEET having completed your Class 12th in Arts stream, then, I would like to let you know that you are not eligible for appearing in NEET being an Arts stream student as for appearing in NEET one is required to have completed his/her Class 12th in Science stream with PCB group with at least 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case of reserved category candidate ) from a recognized board of education.

For more details regarding NEET you can refer to its official link i.e; www.cbseneet.nic.in.
4th March 2018, 06:40 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same examination is held by CBSE once in a year for admission in MBBS or BDS degree course in any government or private medical college across India.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in NEET is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examinations are also eligible. Also, the marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, it is quite evident from the above fact that having completed your Class 12th with Arts stream you are not eligible for appearing in NEET.

For detailed information regarding NEET you can refer to the official website of NEET i.e; www.cbseneet.nic.in.
5th March 2018, 12:47 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for NEET examination.

The essential qualification to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

So, candidates passed 12th in Arts stream are not eligible to appear for examination.

For more information regarding the examination visit at http://www.cbseneet.nic.in.
8th March 2018, 11:11 PM
randhirk.rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I apply for the NEET exam after completing my 12th from Arts stream with the subjects I have given for the boards are English, Hindi, Economics, Sociology, Political Science and History?
NO, You are not eligible.

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NEET Exams is senior secondary board passed or appearing for 10+2 board examination with biology stream(Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in 10+2. Minimum of 50% marks in 12th is required to apply for MBBS course.

The age limit for MBBS course is 17-25 years.
12th December 2022, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Are GNM students eligible to apply for NEET ecam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?