2nd July 2011, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

List of branches of engineering applicable for IES? I've completed B.E from NPTI in power engineering

i want to go for ies . i completed my BE from npti in power engg. so please tell me as soon as you can because my days are going in vein that am i applicable for ies in mechanical. i am graduate in power engg. which has 70% mechanical syllabus. i go trough eligibility criteria where they have written that graduate engg. but not given any displine . but paper avaibility is in mech. ;civil;electrical and electronics and tele. i agree with that to give paper in mechanical. but i want to make myself sure about the fact that any branch of engg. is applicable for ies. my degree is in power which has 70% syllabus of mechanical engg. please tell me as soon as you can.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to write GATE and IES after completion of my B.Tech course with power engineering stream from NPTI, Durgapur? List of the public sector companies which recruiting power engineering students?
  2. Can I do mechanical or electronics after passing power engineering from NPTI?
  3. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  4. After completing diploma in engineering how to join NPTI?
  5. Which engineering branches are eligible for IES exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Should I join Jadavpur and NPTI for Power Engineering course? Do Power Engineers work in Thermal Power Station or can they work anywhere?
  7. How should I join NASA after completing 4 years degree course? I am pursuing B.E in Power Engineering from National Power Training Institute(NPTI)
  8. Should I join NPTI or Jadavpur? Does power engineering graduate work in thermal power station or can he work anywhere?
  9. How to get into NPTI for degree course in Power Plant Engineering?
  10. Education Loan to do PGDC course from NPTI?
  11. Which branch is good for Electrical Students in M.Tech?
  12. Entrance exam pattern and syllabus of M.A English in JNU
  13. List of the government jobs for which I am applicable after completing engineering in IT
  14. How many PSUs recruit without GATE score?
  15. What is the fee of Power Plant Engineering Course at NPTI?
  16. What course should I prefer for Bachelor degree? -- [New]
  17. IES applicable for only four branches - Mechanical, Electrical, ECE, Civil? What about Computer science?
  18. The fee structure for all four yrs of BE at NPTI Nagpur?
16th April 2012, 03:55 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of branches of engineering applicable for IES? I've completed B.E from NPTI in power engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to go for ies . i completed my BE from npti in power engg. so please tell me as soon as you can because my days are going in vein that am i applicable for ies in mechanical. i am graduate in power engg. which has 70% mechanical syllabus. i go trough eligibility criteria where they have written that graduate engg. but not given any displine . but paper avaibility is in mech. ;civil;electrical and electronics and tele. i agree with that to give paper in mechanical. but i want to make myself sure about the fact that any branch of engg. is applicable for ies. my degree is in power which has 70% syllabus of mechanical engg. please tell me as soon as you can.
Yes, this is absolutely true that the Engineering Service Exam is conducted only in the four disciplines of engineering which are as follows:
Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

But as far as eligibility is concerned, candidates holding a bachelors degree in any disciplines of engineering are eligible to write the exam in any of the four disciplines mentioned above.

So, if a candidate is an engineering graduate within the age limit of 21-30 years, he is eligible to apply for the engineering service examination.
The maximum age limit is 33 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 35 years for SC/ST category.

The examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Hence, for further information, refer to its official website.
3rd March 2013, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: List of branches of engineering applicable for IES? I've completed B.E from NPTI in power engineering

what will be the syllabus for aeronautical engineer in ies and what is the syllabus for aeronautical engineer in ies?may i apply after my completion of b.tech?
4th March 2013, 09:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
what will be the syllabus for aeronautical engineer in ies and what is the syllabus for aeronautical engineer in ies?may i apply after my completion of b.tech?

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination .

The eligible Engineering departments are -Civil Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

OR

If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Sorry to say that B-Tech Aeronautical Engineering candidate are not applicable for IES exam .So there is no specific subject for IES Exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for OBC category and 5 years for Sc/St category.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in

For more information of IES exam , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
5th March 2013, 09:59 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service This Exam s Conducted by UPSC Every year for the Post of an Engineering in Government Section.....

A candidate who have completed their Graduation in Following Engineering Branch That is B.E/B.Tech can Apply for IES exam....

Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

Age of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years, Relaxation for OBC +3 years and for SC/ST +5 years on Upper age.....

General attempt limit is maximum 4 Times for OBC it is MAx. 7 Times and for SC/ST there is no any Attempt Limit......

Some Books for IES Examination

IES: Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
Author: Deepak Gupta

U.P.S.C. (IES) Engineering Services Examination: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (Solved Papers)
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

I.E.S. General Ability (Topic Wise Solved Papers)
Publisher: G K Publishers Pvt. Ltd

Chapterwise Solved Papers (2012-2000) IES Indian Engineering Services Objective Paper Electrical Engineering (Paper 1 & 2)
Code: D372
ISBN: 9789350940839
Author: Trump & Gates & Prashant Kumar Bharti
Pages: 554
Price: 340/-

IES-2012 Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Conventional Solved Papers
Publisher: Made Easy Team

Chapterwise Solved Papers (2011-2000) IES Indian Engineering Services Objective Paper Electronics & Telecommuincation (Paper-1 & 2)
Code: D374
ISBN: 9788183487313
Author: Manish Purbey
Pages: 553
Price: 275/-

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
5th March 2013, 05:11 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: List of branches of engineering applicable for IES? I've completed B.E from NPTI in power engineering

Quote:
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination

hi friend,

List of Branches for Applicable IES exam

• Mechanical Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

If you have M.Sc degree in Physics Radio Physics then you are apply for it.....

final years student also apply for this exam...

Age Limit :- 21-30 yrs...(for OBC +3 . SC/ST +5)

Number of attempts :- general - 4., for OBC - 7 times, for SC/ST - 9 time...

For more information :- click here........

All the best......
18th June 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

is power engg is applicable for giving the ies exam m engg graduate in power engg frm npti nagpur plz repy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?