26th July 2010, 09:20 PM
shifali

Jobs in Nanotechnology In India?

I have done b.pharma and then M.tech in nanotechnology. Now the scenario is that B.tech in nanotechnology is not offered in colleges so i can't apply for teaching for b.tech nanotechnology. Also pharmacy colleges says that i am not eligible to teach pharma students moreover there is not scarcity of M.pharma students in India. Pharmaceutical companies are also not hiring us.
so the question is not that can i do M.tech in nanotechnology after B.pharma its that there is no job opportunity for us after that so what is the our future now ??????

27th July 2010, 12:30 AM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

Default Re: Jobs in Nanotechnology In India?

hi friend ...Nanotechnology is the science of the miniature, and the technology of the future this is one of the most exciting and wide area of research which may lead to the greatest technological advances of the 21st century...The scope and application of Nanotechnology is tremendous and mind-boggling. The career opportunities in the fields of nanoscale science and technology are expanding rapidly, as these fields have increasing impact on many aspects of our daily lives. The major areas for the development of applications involving Nanotechnology are medical and pharmaceuticals,information technology,electronics, magnetics and optoelectronics, energy chemicals, advanced materials and textile professional in the field of Nanotechnology can easily find lucrative career opportunities in various sectors. They can work in the field of nano-medicine, bio-informatics, stem cell development, pharmaceutical companies, nano toxicology and nano power generating sectors.

Other work fields includes :
Health Industry
Agriculture
Environment Industry
Food and Beverages
Space Research
Product development and advising
Academic and Teaching
R & D in government, universities and private research institutes
Genetics
Bio-Technology
Communication & Media
Forensic science & many other new industries emerging as a result of advances in nanotechnology..
Some of the companies in India that provides job prospects are Cranes Software International Limited, Bangalore; Monad Nanotech Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai; Velbionanotech, Bangalore; Qtech Nanosystems (P) Ltd, Bangalore; Innovations Unified Technology, Mumbai etc.

regards
azhar
27th July 2010, 12:34 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

There are very wide carrer in the field of nanotechnology and the scope of nanotechnology is tremendous in India.

And after completing this course you will get work in the field of nano-medicine, bio-informatics, stem cell development, pharmaceutical companies, nano toxicology and nano power generating sectors.

And please dont worry because this field is expected to boom in the future and you will definately get a good job with high salary pacakage. The pay scale depends upon the industry, But after completing this course you will get salary around 15,000 to 20,000 per month as well as you will get a government jobs after completing this course.

And you have done your M.tech in nanotechnology. So, you will definately get a good jobs in the field of health industry, agriculture, academic and teaching and in the field of Bio-Technology....................

good luck.
27th July 2010, 12:51 AM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

there are many jobs offer for you if not now you wil get in future.... neva listen if anyone talks negative about your intrested field... you can move up and shine in future........

regards
azhar
27th July 2010, 12:56 AM
trupti_9227

hello,
There are very wide carrer in the field of nanotechnology and the scope of nanotechnology is tremendous in India.

And after completing this course you will get work in the field of nano-medicine, bio-informatics, stem cell development, pharmaceutical companies, nano toxicology and nano power generating sectors.
good luck.
27th July 2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifali View Post
I have done b.pharma and then M.tech in nanotechnology. Now the scenario is that B.tech in nanotechnology is not offered in colleges so i can't apply for teaching for b.tech nanotechnology. Also pharmacy colleges says that i am not eligible to teach pharma students moreover there is not scarcity of M.pharma students in India. Pharmaceutical companies are also not hiring us.
so the question is not that can i do M.tech in nanotechnology after B.pharma its that there is no job opportunity for us after that so what is the our future now ??????
nice to take with you dear.
but dont vary about your carrer trust on me and your self you have
a very bright future in india abroad also. dont loss your hope.
THANK YOU BEY
27th July 2010, 01:38 AM
samratguha

hi friend..
Nano- technology courses educate an individual on the development and modification of devices with atomic precision where the dimension of particles are less than 100 nanometers. It is widely applied in nano-electronics and nano devices, converging physics, biology, engineering, chemistry and computer science. Important breakthroughs have been achieved in the fields of gene chip designing, application of fat soluble vitamins in aqueous beverage, designing of stain repellent textiles, automobile industry, space research organizations, nano crystal installation in bumps, designing of electrically conductive nano- polymers, nanostructed materials in photographic films and devising bio- mimetic paints.
Qualifications: Nano- technology is an inter-disciplinary subject. It invites applications from post graduates in physics chemistry and biology for M.Sc and M.Tech Courses.

Benefits: A nano-technologist can seek employment in the following areas :
Agriculture
Environment industry
Medicine
Food and Beverage
Teaching
Genetics
Bio-technology
Space Research
Forensic Science.

Home/ Career-Courses/ Nano-technology Courses

Nano-technology Courses

Nano- technology courses educate an individual on the development and modification of devices with atomic precision where the dimension of particles are less than 100 nanometers. It is widely applied in nano-electronics and nano devices, converging physics, biology, engineering, chemistry and computer science. Important breakthroughs have been achieved in the fields of gene chip designing, application of fat soluble vitamins in aqueous beverage, designing of stain repellent textiles, automobile industry, space research organizations, nano crystal installation in bumps, designing of electrically conductive nano- polymers, nanostructed materials in photographic films and devising bio- mimetic paints.
Qualifications: Nano- technology is an inter-disciplinary subject. It invites applications from post graduates in physics chemistry and biology for M.Sc and M.Tech Courses.

Benefits: A nano-technologist can seek employment in the following areas :
Agriculture
Environment industry
Medicine
Food and Beverage
Teaching
Genetics
Bio-technology
Space Research
Forensic Science.

Courses: Nano-technology courses are mainly focused in the following areas :
Designing of durable, resistant and cheaper materials.
Designing of electronic components with special emphasis on dimension and power
Techniques for tapping solar energy and increase in its power
Convergence of genetic medicine, nano- technology and development of unique drug delivery system.
Relation between environmental science and nano-technology.
The institutes in India offering courses on nano- technology are

Institute Name : Amity Institute of Nanotechnology (AINT), Noida

Courses : M.Tech. (Nano-Technology)
Eligibility : M.Sc. in physics, chemistry or biotechnology. / B.Tech
Duration : 2 years
MSc. (Nanoscience)
Eligibility : B Tech / B.Sc. (Phy /Chem / Biotech, Elect.)
Duration : 2 years
M.Tech in Nano-Technology (Integrated)
Eligibility : PCM (min 60%)
Duration : 51/2 years

Institute Name : Amrita Institute of Medical

Courses : The Amrita Nano Biomedical Engineering Centre, or ANBEC, has been established to conduct research and development work on devices and components at the interface between biology, medicine and engineering, where nanoscience and technology can provide a significant value added benefit over existing technologies

Institute Name : Centre for Nanotechnology & Advanced Biomaterials (CeNTAB), Sastra University,
Courses : M.Tech. in Nanotechnology
Eligibility : B. Tech. / B. E. degree in Chemical Engineering or Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Technology with a minimum of 65% or its equivalent in the qualifying examinations.
Integrated M. Tech. programme on Health Care Nanotechnology
Eligibility : 12th standard with a minimum of 65% or above
Duration : 5 years
Ph.D. in Nanotechnology
The primary areas of research are regenerative medicine, drug delivery systems, development of nanobiosensors and electrophysiology. Currently five students have registered for Ph. D. (Nanotechnology) with the University and are actively involved in research under various sponsored projects.

Institute Name : Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore

Courses : PhD. in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
Eligibiity : Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Biological Science or BE/B Tech or equivalent
The research areas will include topics like biosensors, nanocomposites, nanotubes, nano-catalysis, devices, etc.

Institute Name : Jamia Millia Islamia (A Central University), New Delhi

Courses : M. Tech Nanotechnology (Self Financing) Evening
Duration: 2 Years (4 Semesters
Eligibility : i) M. Sc. In Physics/Chemistry/Electronic
27th July 2010, 01:55 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

in this modern era,every where engineers & scientist are tring to implement nanotechnology in every where.

the main function of nenotechnology is to smaller to smaller of any things.it may be electronics goods,mechanical goods,and daily necessay things.

so research oriented jobs and R&D cell of company is main jobs for nanotechnology.you can also do teaching oriented jobs.

all the best..........
27th July 2010, 04:26 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Jobs in Nanotechnology In India?

Look dear Nanotechnology is a recently developing field, so there are not as many colleges which provide degree in the respective field in India. Its currently in growth phase.
There many collges which requires faculties for nanotechnology.
This field has great opportunities in future
If you want to go for MTech its also good go for it.
The best thing for you is to look for R and D in this field.
And don't look for Pharma industry as you are only a pharma grduate.

Best of luck!!!!
27th July 2010, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

hey i done my Msc in inorganic chemistry ,but now i want to do Mtec in nanotec ??? pls tell the scope.....
27th July 2010, 02:49 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

since it is newly born sctor in india so government f india is now increasing the job oppurtunity n this field,also there is alot of the job opportunity in this sector so it is beeter that you make your carrier in this sector.
27th July 2010, 06:55 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Jobs in Nanotechnology In India?

Quote:
wow its great that you have done something in nanotechnology.it is very nice field you have bright future in you just use internet for job .best of luck
28th July 2010, 02:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Nanotechnology offers vast opportunities in the field of pharmaceutics, IT, electronics, magnetic etc..They can work in environmental industry, genetics agriculture, health, space research, pharmaceutical companies, Academic and Teaching. Business development and administration, legal areas, and sales and marketing, scientist or a chemical engineer, are some other options.
12th August 2010, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

SCOPE OF NANO TECHNOLOG IN SPACE
13th August 2010, 11:47 AM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Jobs in Nanotechnology In India is as....
IN many fied
Genetics

Bio-technology

Space Research

Forensic Science

Environment industry

Medicine

etc.
15th August 2010, 01:19 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

if your basics are very clear then go for deep analysis.
you can join following organizations:
nasa
barc
drdo
isro

they have a good set up for research.
16th August 2010, 01:23 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
here are some jobs in nanotechnology ...

Food and Beverage
Teaching
Genetics
Bio-technology
Agriculture
Environment industry
Medicine

Space Research
Forensic Science.

all the best.
26th August 2010, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

which pharmaceutical company work in nanobiotech?
27th August 2010, 12:37 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
you have very wide future aspects in nanotechnology in India.you can join any company as in nano medicine,bio-informatics,stem cell development,etc.you can also join various goverment jobs.
Wish You All The Best!!!!
27th August 2010, 01:53 AM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Jobs in Nanotechnology In India?

dear friend
u can get jobs in auto mobile sector&also tata's nano motors copany.
good luck.
28th August 2010, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

i have done B.D.S.. can i do my post graduation in nanotechnology? if yes, which are the institutes in india?
2nd December 2010, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Dear All

Gud to read that you all have high hopes and motivational picture about Nanotechnology.

But I regret to say nanotech is still at nacent stage in India ...you all may have to wait till 2015.

My husband is about to complete his PHD in nanotech Physics from TATA (TIFR),working in one of the best lab in India.

He has research paper in Nature nanoscience but not getting job in India,It is so easy for im to get government job here but non of government Lab are working at such advance level so that he can really enjoy his job.

These days sales men start their jobs from 20-30000 per month ...Is it worth to invest 10 years and start from 20-30 K.......

WE dont have any option left ...we have to shift out of India...we never wanted to do so ...

I wont suggest to go for nanotech now...may be after 4-5 years
14th December 2010, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

i need to do nanotechnology, so suggest me the B.tech course plzzzzzzzz........
19th December 2010, 09:38 PM
rakeshmahida

Thumbs down Re: Jobs in Nanotechnology In India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhash5687 View Post
wow its great that you have done something in nanotechnology.it is very nice field you have bright future in you just use internet for job .best of luck
There is no scope in india. I have done bpharm than mtech from indian institute of technology, kanpur and still unemployed from 2 years. Its pathetic to run such programs in india.
23rd December 2010, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

sir,myself is M.Sc in physical chemistry looking forwadd to do research in nanotechnology
11th January 2011, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

I Have done my B.Sc.in biotechnology...and now i want to do master"s degree in nanotechnology..is it possible ???.if possible,then please tell me about the scopes in this field and about some best institutes offering the above said course...(in the space please)....(and also as soon as possible).....THANKS
15th January 2011, 06:36 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Jobs in Nanotechnology In India?

Quote:
Dear friend,
Your academic qualification is very good,dont upset i think you are able to get a good job...
17th January 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

i am b.Sc botaney final yer m sc nanotechnolog

hamza
13th February 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

hiiii, i m a btech nanotechnoloy student of pre- final yr and wants to do mtech nanotechnology at jamia islamia or pu, gju(hissar). but there is no syllabus of nanotechnology offered by iit and iisc in the GATE.but i still prepare to take admission into mtech (nano) from physics (ph). so how many marks is required to get admission in mtech at above mentioned universities?
9th March 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

i have done btech in nanotechnology.you tell me that ca i go for direct PHD in nanotechnology.
17th March 2011, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

HI,
I ve done B.E(E.C.E) and i m goin 2 complete M.Tech Nanoscience and Technology this may... I don find any scope around.. Can anyone jus giv any idea about wat kind job 2 go for, as i'm jus sick n tired of searchin job relatin to nanotech...
24th March 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

hello
i m a btech nanotechnoloy student of final year and after b.tech, i wants to do MBA IN MARKETING .but i don't know MBA scope,jobs in nanotechnology..so plz tell me about business in nanotechnology..??????
11th May 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Is it easy to get a phd in nanotechnology position in USA university
16th May 2011, 01:16 AM
swati biswas

nanotechnology is one of the most emerging field in our country...so there will be plenty of jobs in india with in very few time period...as its demand is incresing day by day..in very few days you will have option to join government or private sector
nano technology has wide range of carrier options,you can opt for any of these which are given below:
Electronics/semiconductor industry
Materials science including textiles, polymers, packaging, among other
Auto and aerospace industries
Sports equipment
Pharmaceuticals including drug delivery, cosmetics, among others
Biotechnology
Medical fields

The areas covered in nanotech where the students can apply for the jobs and get the jobs
-Food and beverage
-Biotechnology
-Forensic science
-Genetics
-Space research
-Environment industry
-Medicine
-Agriculture and
-Teaching

The 3 chief divisions of Nanotechnology are
-Nano materials
-Nano electronics
-Nano biotechnology.

The implications of nanotechnology have found in the following sectors
-Telecommunications
-Computing
-Aerospace
-Solar energy
-Environment.

This field of Nanotechnology is most suitable for who have a scientific attitude and outlook in life and those who find interested in minute molecules.

The council of scientific and industrial research (CSIR ) has set up 38 laboratories in India dedicated to research in Nanotechnology.

Definitely fine scope is there in Nanotechnology
18th May 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

im swathy. i had completed my btech bioinformatics. nw planning to do mtech nanotechnology. pls say d institutions where i can try 4 a job?
19th May 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

i have done b.pharma and then M.tech in nanotechnology. Now the scenario is that B.tech in nanotechnology is not offered in colleges so i can't apply for teaching for b.tech nanotechnology. Also pharmacy colleges says that i am not eligible to teach pharma students moreover there is not scarcity of M.pharma students in India. Pharmaceutical companies are also not hiring us. can u tell me d institutes offering phd in nanotechnology??
21st May 2011, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir ,
I am M.Tech Nanotech,M.Sc Biotech ,i communicated 1 Indian patent and 2 research paper.
in my project on Biosensor, npw i m searching R&D job in can u help me for that i have 1 year professional exp. as Q.C analyst on GCMSMS .if u can plz mail me on [email protected]
from
Nitin
25th May 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

i want to do B.tech in nanotechnology n tell me the branch of nanotechnology related to automobiles n tell me what are the colleges offering B.tech in nanotechnology. what are the procedure to get admitted in them after XII with 77% marks all over
21st June 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Hi I've done engineering in Electronics and communications. Planning for mtech in nano science and nano technology ... plz leave suggesions and comments
22nd June 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

i am MD Pediatrics in homoeopathy. i am doing phd in nanotechnology (DNA& immunosensor) what will be the my carrear prospectus after complition.
25th June 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Hi!

I've completed B.Tech (Biotechnolgy) and planning to opt for M.tech (Nanotechnology). plz can u tell me regarding the scope within and outside India and information about institutes/colleges offering Phd in Nanotechnology?
26th June 2011, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

amity institute of nanotechnology, noida offers b.tech, in nanotechnology.
i am student there, so i am aware that they are short of faculty. try there .
14th July 2011, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Hello every 1 frankly speaking its very difficult to find a job aftr MTech nanotechnology,if u dnt want to do PhD, there are no othr options b4 for u.this is the truth
20th July 2011, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

oh Guys hardly any scope in India.
Iam an IITian and just teaching in private college as faculty.

Don't go for nanotechnology
1st August 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

If Government of India is not taking any steps to provide jobs to nano technologist in the field of Research and Development, studying M.tech in nano technology merely waste of time and future of individuals. Periyasamy.
2nd August 2011, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

plz suggest me mtech colleges for nanotehnology. i to have done my b.e and wanted to pursue nanotech as my career and very late for joining the college so suggest me good university
9th August 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

i am studying electronics and communication engineering.can i get into field of nanotechnology, if so in which way? either by any course or by means of trying job.....
9th August 2011, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

i am studying electronics and communication engineering.can i get into field of nanotechnology, if so in which way? either by any course or by means of trying job.....
15th August 2011, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

i am studying INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY(IT) engineering.can i get into field of nanotechnology
?????
18th August 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

I have done hsc in conmerce, then b.sc.it and now doing mca. Can someone plz tell me whether i m eligible for nanotecnology or not. Which entrance exam to be given and i m thinking of doing it from mumbai. Plz tell me whatis the procedure and website.plz.....help me urgent since i have to start preparation.Can u also tell me whether the scope for nanotech is there in india or not and will be the payscale in mca and in nanotechogy.

If not nanotechnogy then which field should i select for high payscale then mca.....plzzzzz reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?