30th July 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year being a Diploma holder?

how i get admision in b.tech 2nd year ,, i am a diploma holder , reply me as early as possible.

31st July 2011, 06:13 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year being a Diploma holder?

After completing your diploma course you can go through State level entrance tests and join directly into the 2nd year of Engineering but colleges under Universities i.e only private colleges allow you to join directly in the second year of Engineering through lateral entry.Universities doesn't allow diploma students to go through the course from 2'nd year but you need to go through the course from 1st year itself.

Please go through the CET examination conducted separately for diploma students for admission to Engineering.Each college reserves about 6-12 seats for diploma students.The only difference is that Universities reserve seats in the 1st year and Private colleges reserve seats in the 2nd year.

You can even attempt for the AIEEE/IIT after completing your Diploma but even in these Institutes you need to go through the course from 1 st year.
31st July 2011, 06:24 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how i get admision in b.tech 2nd year ,, i am a diploma holder , reply me as early as possible.
dear friend,
for getting admission in second year of b.tech, you will have to give an entrance exam of lateral entry. every state conducts its own entrance exam. so you will have to see that in which state you want to take admission.
also there is no lateral entry in nit and iit colleges. if you wish to take admission in these colleges, then you will have to take admission in first year by giving iit jee or aieee exam.
31st July 2011, 06:25 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

You can take direct in 2nd year of B.Tech after passin Diploma.

Diploma passed students are eligible ttake admission in 2nd year of B.Tech.There is no any entrance exam for Diploma passed student to take admission you can take admission directly in 2nd year.

To take admission in 2nd year you have to contact with the college in which you want to take admission.admission in the college depends on the college.

If you take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech after diploma you will get good marks in B.Tech because all course of Diploma is included in B.Tech course.

Contact with the college in which you want to admission.
31st July 2011, 07:25 PM
ajeetajeet1250

After completing your diploma course you can go through State level entrance tests and join directly into the 2nd year of Engineering but colleges under Universities i.e only private colleges allow you to join directly in the second year of Engineering through lateral entry.Universities doesn't allow diploma students to go through the course from 2'nd year but you need to go through the course from 1st year itself.

Please go through the CET examination conducted separately for diploma students for admission to Engineering.Each college reserves about 6-12 seats for diploma students.The only difference is that Universities reserve seats in the 1st year and Private colleges reserve seats in the 2nd year.

You can even attempt for the AIEEE/IIT after completing your Diploma but even in these Institutes you need to go through the course from 1 st year.

thanks
31st July 2011, 08:00 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes,you can get admission in B.Tech 2nd year being a Diploma holder.

but to get admission in the B.Tech 2nd year being a Diploma holder,you have to give and qualify a exam which is JELET exam.

which exam you can appear after your diploma courses.

in every institute there is 10% sits are reserved for the JELET category.

so according to your rank you will get a desired college to do B.Tech.

all the best...........
31st July 2011, 08:47 PM
ankur049

ankur
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?