15th October 2011, 12:56 AM
gunjan1234

Can I be a Pilot in Indian Army or Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Aeronautical Engineering?

i am in 3rd year aeronautical student, if i couldnt get 60% marks in all semeter but if i got 60% marks in last sem, can i be apilot in indian army or air force?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure for joining in Indian Army and Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE?
  2. How to join Air Force as a Pilot? I am pursuing mechanical engineering in 3rd year
  3. How can I become a Pilot in Indian Air Force if pursuing B.Tech(CSE) 4th year and achieved Grade-A in NCC(B & C)?
  4. How to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. How may I become pilot in air force? How may I get opportunities for this? I am pursuing BE(3rd year) with ECE stream from Latur
  6. How to join Air force as a Pilot? I am pursuing my engineering
  7. What do I do to get Job in Indian Army, Navy or Air Force being a candidate pursuing final year of M-Pharmacy?
  8. How can I join as Pilot in Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How can I join Indian Air Force if pursuing B.Sc 3rd semester being a 18 years old female candidate?
  10. Does Indian Air Force offer Internship to B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  11. How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?
  12. Am I eligible to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 1st year of B.Sc? Which Entrance Exam should I give for this?
  13. How to join Air Force as a Pilot? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year
  14. Is it possible for me to get a job in Army or Air Force after completion of diploma in Electrical engineering?
  15. Can I apply for Internship in Indian Air Force being a B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  16. Chances to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force for 23 years old 12th candidate? -- [New]
  17. Which Entrance Exam I have to appear for to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in CSE? What procedure to follow for this?
  18. How to join Indian Air Force as a pilot after doing BSc computers?
18th October 2011, 01:03 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be a Pilot in Indian Army or Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Aeronautical Engineering?

Flying Branch in Indian Air Force

Dear Friend

If you want to get a job of Pilot in Indian Air Force then you will have to apply for
Flying Branch.

You can enter the Flying Branch of IAF through SSC examination of IAF
or CDS examination.

For SSC, you score in B.Tech. should be at least 60% in aggregate i.e. 60% marks in
all semesters taking together.

For CDSE there is no percentage criteria.

I would suggest you to try hard to complete B.Tech. with more than 60% marks.
It will help you applying for other jobs too.

If due to some reason you can't make it to 60% then also you can enter IAF as a pilot
through CDS examination.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year.

http://upsc.gov.in
18th October 2011, 03:07 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be a Pilot in Indian Army or Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Aeronautical Engineering?

Hello friend,
If you want to be a pilot in the Indian Air Force, you may write combined defense service exam conducted by union public service commission. After qualifying the exam, you'll be eligible to join the flying branch of Indian Air Force.
The minimum eligible age is 19 years and the maximum age limit to apply for the exam is 23 years.
Apart from being within the age limit, you must have studied physics and maths at +2 level and of-course, must hold a bachelors degree.
For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
3rd August 2013, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

Is there any % limitation for b.tech graduated students
19th October 2013, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Is ther any exam for pilot in military.If it is there means pls tel me about exams and eligiblity.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?