26th October 2011, 11:17 PM
vidhushini palanivel

Is this possible to pursue MBBS after completion of BE?

is it possible to study MBBS after BE.
i am very much interested in this course.

29th October 2011, 08:53 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this possible to pursue MBBS after completion of BE?

Dear Friend

Definitely, it is not impossible but it is very close to impossible.

If you complete BE (4 years at least) then you would surely have studied PCM in 12th.

The first requirement for any MBBS entrance exam is 12th with PCB. So after completion
of BE you will have to do 12th again with PCB. This takes at least 8 years to be eligible
for an MBBS entrance exam after passing 10th. There is huge competition in medical
entrance tests and this long journey of doing 12th shall pull your age so much that you
will become ineligible for most of the entrance exams after 2-3 attempts.

There are few cases in which students take both Maths and Biology in 12th
(Biology Main and Maths extra subject) and pass both paper with almost same marks.
If you manage do so you will not have to reappear 12th after completion of BE.

If you have not yet done BE but thinking about playing this game (MBBS after BE)
then I would suggest you not to spoil time. Just stick to the stream which
sounds interesting and good to you.

My suggestion is that, if you are presently an engineering student then please
do not turn back to start from 12th and then MBBS.
It is surely neither safe nor brilliant idea.
29th October 2011, 10:58 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
MBBS is a four and half year course with one year intenship. There are various entrance exam conducted which includes aiims, afmc, Pmt etc for admission into the course.
One should have the following qualification to appear in the exam
1. 10+2 qualification with biology , physics and chemistry as your subjects
2.for certain entance exam aggregate mark is fixed.
As you are doing your engineering which is completely different from doctor. It will be better to do continue in the same profession rather than opting a different field
but there is a possibility of doing mbbs if you have chosen biology in your +2 . You need to prepare for the subjects biology which will be given more priority in the entrance exam. In case of clash between two aspirant with same marks then you will be pushed back due to your age. Moreover you need to persued your career from the begining. Choose wisely . All the best
20th December 2011, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

I have already completed my post graduation in mathematics.Is there any ray of hope for me to get into medical stream without going through the usual traditional method.i had done my plus two with PCB?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?