5th February 2016, 05:36 AM
Gaurav Sajwan

Procedure to make a bright future in Merchant Navy?

I had passed tenth with 90 % marks and now I want to join merchant navy. I want to know what are the posts for tenth passed students with 90 %?

5th February 2016, 05:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to make a bright future in Merchant Navy?

I would like to suggest you to complete your 12th with PCM subjects. After completion of your 12th you can either pursue BSc nautical science or the Marine engineering course.
Those who have completed 12th can apply for Deck Cadet job in Merchant Navy directly.
After completing of your degree courses you will be eligible for various officer level posts in the Navigational and Engineering fields.
5th February 2016, 05:45 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You can join Merchant Navy after completion of your 12th standard with science stream from recognised board with minimum 50% marks. After completion of your 12th you have to pursue degree in Nautical science on Marine Engineering.
Then you can join Merchant Navy for various officers posts.
5th February 2016, 07:28 PM
kantraman

For bright future in Merchant Navy complete atleast 12th in PCM with more than 60% marks.After then you can get direct entry in Navy as a Deck Cadet.But if you are wishing to join Navigational and Marine engineering field then complete B.Sc in Nautical Science.After this you may get job as a Engine Cadet/fifth engineer/ junior engineer in Merchant Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?