11th November 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET(National eligibility Test)? I am pursuing MBA distance learning from SMU

i pursuing my MBA in distance learning from sikkim manipal university. is distance learning MBA eligible for NET (National eligibility test) ?

Related Questions:
  1. Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET(National eligibility Test)? I am pursuing MBA distance learning from SMU
  2. Whether pursuing MBA(HR) from SMU-DE is not beneficial? -- [New]
  3. Minimum salary after graduation from SMU Distance Learning? Is SMU distance learning a good institute to pursue graduation and PG?
  4. What is the difference between regular MBA course and MBA course in Distance Learning? Top Institutes offering MBA course in Distance Learning?
  5. Is it possible to get admission into MBA with 42.5%? Best institute for MBA in Distance Learning?
  6. Will MBA act any purpose while doing CS course?
  7. Can I do MCA in distance learning with TANCET score?
  8. Distance learning PGDM is applicable for NET?
  9. Could I get admission to Distance Learning MBA course from Symbiosis having scored 46% in BA?
  10. Am I eligible to appear for NET after pursuing MBA in healthcare management through distance learning
  11. Best Colleges with Less Fee for MBA Course in Distance Learning?
  12. Is it possible to do M.Tech through distance learning? Do I need a GATE score for that? Universities providing the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What is the fee structure of MBA course through distance learning? Is there any difference between correspondence and distance learning?
  14. Which universities are best for MBA through distance learning? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the value of distance learning MBA and what are the job opportunities in India and Abroad? Which university is the best among the distance learning universities?
  16. Which MBA course is suitable for a Telecom Engineer(ECE passed)? Best colleges in Hyderabad to do MBA through Correspondence?
  17. Which is the best college to do MBA through distance learning in Bangalore after completion of BBM?
  18. Am I eligible to do B.Ed from any government university after completing my BBA from ICFAI university, Tripura though distance learning?
11th January 2012, 12:19 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET(National eligibility Test)? I am pursuing MBA distance learning from SMU

Sikkim Manipal University is UGC, DEC and AICTE approved and hence after your MBA you can certainly sit for the National Eligibility Test - NET conducted by UGC. Refer the official link of the website to get more information on NET; http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html
4th May 2012, 01:34 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET(National eligibility Test)? I am pursuing MBA distance learning from SMU

Hai,

Yes shore you are eligible to write NET exam.

NET(National Eligibility Test) exam was conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

Educational qualification:

Master's degree from any recognised university.

Nationality:
Indian.

Age criteria:

For junior research fellowship the age limit is 19years to 28years.

For lecturship there is no maximum age limit and the minimum age limit is 19years.

For any details

www.ugcnetonline.in

Good luck.
21st May 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

i have done mba(hr) from distance . Am I eleigible for net.
21st August 2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed distance learning MBA from Vidyasagar university that is a state university approaved by UGC.Can I sit for NET
8th September 2012, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

My management college is recognised by AICTE but one of the course/specialization i did from there is not. am i eligible for NET
10th September 2012, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

With 53% in MA English, am i eligible for any further studies, / any jobs in teaching field possible ? How to increase my percentage after 15 years of completing MA?
1st March 2013, 03:42 AM
Unregistered

i am pursuing MBA through distance course. am i eligible for UGC NET EXAMINATION?
1st March 2013, 09:58 PM
MSTs
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am pursuing MBA through distance course. am i eligible for UGC NET EXAMINATION?
Yes you are eligible. Any Indian citizen can appear for this exam. But they should have pursued the Master’s degree as per the UGC norms. (Check the UGC website)
Qualifying Examination:
The candidates those who have completed their post graduation in related subjects can appear for the exam. Those who have acquired post graduation from any recognized university are eligible for applyingUGC-NET exam. The candidate must have a minimum of 55%.
Age Qualification:
The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upperage limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped
1st March 2013, 09:59 PM
MSTs
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Yes you are eligible. Any Indian citizen can appear for this exam. But they should have pursued the Master’s degree as per the UGC norms. (Check the UGC website)
Qualifying Examination:
The candidates those who have completed their post graduation in related subjects can appear for the exam. Those who have acquired post graduation from any recognized university are eligible for applyingUGC-NET exam. The candidate must have a minimum of 55%.
Age Qualification:
The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upperage limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped

BEST OF LUCK...
2nd March 2013, 01:09 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Of course you can apply for the National Eligibility Test. The criteria to appear in post graduation degree. It does not say anywhere that distance education degree holder are not allowed to appear.

Therefore you are eligible to apply for the National Eligibility Test. Sikkim Manipal University is recognized by the University Grants Commission, which is a major requirement to appear for the NET entrance exam.

Therefore if you can meet the percentage criteria, do not hesitate in applying for the National Eligiblity Test. It will next be conducted in June 2013 followed by December 2013.

The notification will be made available throughout internet as well several newspapers across the country. You can also get the notification on the official website of UGC. The notification is generally issued couple of months before the entrance exam.

NET ELIGIBILITY

1. The candidate should be post graduation degree holder.

2. You can also appear being in final year.

3. However in that condition, you should be able to submit the degree in 2 years.

4. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation is necessary to appear.

5. SC and ST can appear with at least 50 percent marks.

6. NET subject should be relevant to your PG course.

7. You can appear for exam as many times as you would like.

8. Age limit is 28 years for JRF candidates.

9. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

10. SC/ST have 5 years relaxation.

11. There isn't any upper age limit for college lectureship candidates.
3rd March 2013, 04:43 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Yes, you are eligible for NET examination.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation with 55% marks from any recognized university.

* 50% marks required for NET examination.

* Age limit:- 21-28 yrs for JRF and no limits for Lectureship.

* Nationality:- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
3rd March 2013, 09:01 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
you are eligible for NET exam.

NET(National Eligibility Test) exam was conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

Educational qualification:

Master's degree from any recognised university.

Age Qualification:

BEST OF LUCK...
3rd March 2013, 11:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible for UGC NET if you have the distance education degree.But the Distance University should be a recognised University.

Educational Qualification for UGC NET:

Post Graduation in any stream with 55% marks from a recognised University.

For SC/ST and PWD there is 5% relaxation in percentage.

So if you have the above percentage in your Post Graduation then you will be definitely eligible for UGC NET Examination.

Benefits of UGC NET Score Card:

-Lecturership in Government Universities(No age limit)

-Junior Research Fellowships(Age should be below 28 years)

Hence you must not worry about eligibility and start preparing for it because you can apply for it in your final year.

You have to give the paper in your respective stream. Hence study sincerely what you are studying in you Post Graduation.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
4th July 2013, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

can a student with ma history from smu distance learning eligible for net exam
11th December 2013, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET(National eligibility Test)? I am pursuing PGDM from IMT Centre for Distance Learning Ghaziabad
15th January 2014, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

I have completed pg Mcom and MBA in distance education.Once I have cleared Net exam i will get postings in government or private colleges ?
28th February 2014, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

which subject do an mba graduate opt at his NET exam ? I believe it has only science subjects .
28th April 2015, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

i have completed MBA in distance education (Manonmaniam sundaranar university , tirunelveli, tamilnadu) Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET(National eligibility Test)?
2nd December 2015, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

I have completed PGDM in distance education from welingkar Institute.am I eligible for NET?
8th June 2017, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

I completed distance mba (1 year) course from hyderabad central university am i eligible for NET exam?
5th July 2019, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Ug, pg public administration course 60%pass in dde, I am writing netexam? Please said to me
21st September 2019, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

I have done my MBA course in distance learning from Jyoti Vidyapeeth women's University Jaipur Rajasthan am I eligible for the net exam?
18th March 2020, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

I am done my MBA in distance learning from IIMT am I eligible for NET (National eligibility test)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?