12th January 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I sit for IAS entrance exam after scoring 45% in graduation? What is the best way of preparation for the entrance exam for IAS? Is there any seat reservation?

can i sit for the entrance exam of ias with having 45% marks in my graduation?
what is the best way of preparation for the entrance exam for ias?
is there any seats reservation?

28th January 2012, 08:49 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I sit for IAS entrance exam after scoring 45% in graduation? What is the best way of preparation for the entrance exam for IAS? Is there any seat reservation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i sit for the entrance exam of ias with having 45% marks in my graduation?
what is the best way of preparation for the entrance exam for ias?
is there any seats reservation?
Hai,

Your Eligibility
Yes you can appear in this entrance exam regardless of your percentage and background of graduation.

all you need to have is a graduation degree certificate from a recognized Indian University.

Also to apply for this exam you should also have 21 years of minimum age.
I think you know that this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) of delhi.

This commission is a high class authority with highly qualified professional brains.
UPSC requires the top class brains who can do things well that is they expect top class skillful candidates rather than high scores in the previous academics.

So they will not mention anything in the notifications about required percentages like in IIT JEE or BITSAT.
They will not bother about your past.

I will upload a previous notification for your clarification once go through you will not find a single line relating to percentages.

This is relating to your percentages.
don't keep any doubts about your eligibility you're surely eligible to write this exam.

Preparation for IAS exam.
This is the main task to be completed before sitting in the exam hall.
as there is a vast syllabus you have to be thorough in the topic which you have covered.

As per reality.
It is not possible to complete the whole syllabus by any candidate. only you have to increase the percentage of your preparation than others to make your chances better.

for example :- If on an average the syllabus percentage completed by other applicants is 58%( Just for example) consider

you should complete 60% of the syllabus.

In this fashion you have to get prepared for this competitive examination.

I think you know the pattern of the CSE(Civil Service Exam)
->CSAT
->Mains
->Personal Interview.

CSAT is a common syllabus test to screen out the candidates.
Mains : this exam is conducted for filtered candidates from CSAT
Personal Interview : This is an oral test conducted by a board of persons for the filtered candidates of Mains.

So according to the test you have to change your preparation style and you have to vary the knowledge levels required for the same.

But prepare a topic in such a way that you don't need to refer it again.
just a glance should make everything.

If required take coaching for certain subjects or all the subjects.
but whatever you do , do for your bright future.
keep your mind , body and soul at one place and get prepared for the tough fight.
Regarding Reservation :

->Mostly the selection will be done on the basis of merit only.
->Only a few chances to consider your reservation.
->as you have asked for seats there will be nothing like that.
->you have to prove your talent in the examination conducted to everybody in common.
->for the further reservation related criteria you can once go through the notification uploaded below.
->Only OBC/SC/ST and PD candidates are eligible to avail reservation if any according to the posts and vacancies available for that particular notification.

All the very best
for any further queries please leave a post in this forum we will try our best to solve your query

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf notification-civil-service-exam-2011.pdf(346.9 KB, 70 views)
28th January 2012, 09:45 PM
J Treza

Default Re: Can I sit for IAS entrance exam after scoring 45% in graduation? What is the best way of preparation for the entrance exam for IAS? Is there any seat reservation?

hi.....Defiantly you can appear in this exam....for this you have to graduate from an authorized college....The age limit for this exam is 21-30..for ST and SC candidates the extent of age relaxation permissible is 5 years and for OBC it is 3 years and 10-15 years for handicapped person...Because it is a highly respective and responsible post so it needs highly qualified and brainy person that's why there is no such reservations..
28th January 2012, 09:45 PM
mani_baban

Smile Re: Can I sit for IAS entrance exam after scoring 45% in graduation? What is the best way of preparation for the entrance exam for IAS? Is there any seat reservation?

Hai,

Your Eligibility
Yes you can appear in this entrance exam regardless of your percentage and background of graduation.

all you need to have is a graduation degree certificate from a recognized Indian University.

I think you know that this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) of delhi.

This commission is a high class authority with highly qualified professional brains.
UPSC requires the top class brains who can do things well that is they expect top class skillful candidates rather than high scores in the previous academics.

So they will not mention anything in the notifications about required percentages like in IIT JEE or BITSAT.

I will upload a previous notification for your clarification once go through you will not find a single line relating to percentages.

This is relating to your percentages.
don't keep any doubts about your eligibility you're surely eligible to write this exam.

Preparation for IAS exam.

This is the main task to be completed before sitting in the exam hall.
as there is a vast syllabus you have to be thorough in the topic which you have covered.

As per reality.
It is not possible to complete the whole syllabus by any candidate. only you have to increase the percentage of your preparation than others to make your chances better.

for example :- If on an average the syllabus percentage completed by other applicants is 58%( Just for example) consider

you should complete 60% of the syllabus.

In this fashion you have to get prepared for this competitive examination.

I think you know the pattern of the CSE(Civil Service Exam)
->CSAT
->Mains
->Personal Interview.

CSAT is a common syllabus test to screen out the candidates.
Mains : this exam is conducted for filtered candidates from CSAT
Personal Interview : This is an oral test conducted by a board of persons for the filtered candidates of Mains.

So according to the test you have to change your preparation style and you have to vary the knowledge levels required for the same.

But prepare a topic in such a way that you don't need to refer it again.
just a glance should make everything.

If required take coaching for certain subjects or all the subjects.
but whatever you do , do for your bright future.
keep your mind , body and soul at one place and get prepared for the tough fight.

All the very best
for any further queries please leave a post in this forum we will try our best to solve your query

Regards
29th January 2012, 05:09 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I sit for IAS entrance exam after scoring 45% in graduation? What is the best way of preparation for the entrance exam for IAS? Is there any seat reservation?

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IAS
Then you will have to fulfill these criteria

IAS Eligibility :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
ForGeneral :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.

You can see these books :

For more details you can see these attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS I.pdf(11.7 KB, 71 views)
File Type: pdf IAS II.pdf(9.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: pdf IAS III.pdf(46.4 KB, 61 views)
30th January 2012, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Wat is the best way of prepration
30th January 2012, 06:43 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for IAS entrance exam after scoring 45% marks in graduation.

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE to became an IAS officer you have to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National within the age group of 21 to 30 years of age having completed graduation from any stream of education.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam which comprises of all objective type questions.
Civil Service Main Exam which comprises of all subjective type questions.
Personal Interview.

First you have to clear CSAT preliminary exam successfully then you will be called for written main exam which you have to prepare carefully and with hard work and after successfully cracking the main exam you will be called for the final Personal Interview.

If you are really interested for Civil Service exam then at least one year hard preparation is required and if are to achieve your goal no one will restrict you to be an IAS officer, best of luck.

For more information you may log on to the official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2012, 11:16 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you know that this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) of delhi.This commission is a high class authority with highly qualified professional brains.
UPSC requires the top class brains who can do things well that is they expect top class skillful candidates rather than high scores in the previous academics.So they will not mention anything in the notifications about required percentages like in IIT JEE or BITSAT.
They will not bother about your past.I will upload a previous notification for your clarification once go through you will not find a single line relating to percentages.
30th April 2012, 10:48 PM
nadankanan

you need to have is a graduation degree certificate from a recognized Indian University.

they will not mention anything in the notifications about required percentages like in IIT JEE or BITSAT.
14th August 2012, 10:22 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

you know that this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) of delhi.This commission is a high class authority with highly qualified professional brains.

UPSC requires the top class brains who can do things well that is they expect top class skillful candidates rather than high scores in the previous academics.So they will not mention anything in the notifications about required percentages like in IIT JEE or BITSAT.

They will not bother about your past.I will upload a previous notification for your clarification once go through you will not find a single line relating to percentages.

Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?