7th December 2010, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

I am an ECE final year student : How to enroll for Merchant Navy?

hello, i am final year student of electronics & communication. may i know how can i enroll into merchant navy ?

25th December 2010, 11:20 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Default Re: I am an ECE final year student : How to enroll for Merchant Navy?

hello friend ........
first you should complete your graduation degree......with a minimum of 60% marks so that you would get preference on the basis of marks wherever required.......
to enroll in the merchant navy ......you should fill in the form and sit for the entrance exam .......
some of the firms see your educational qualification if that is goo then they will directly recruit you.......

so best of luck
31st January 2011, 11:50 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: I am an ECE final year student : How to enroll for Merchant Navy?

Hi

Yes you can apply for the various courses of merchant navy. The eligibility criteria needed for this course is mentioned below. You can check out your eligibility from here and apply for the Merchant Navy accordingly.

Eligibility:
1. The minimum eligibility needed for the Nautical science and Marine engineering is 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Maths.

2.Candidates who are interested in navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy they should have a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering.

Direct entry to Merchant Navy
You can apply for the Merchant Navy as Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer after the completion of your engineering. So you have to complete your engineering first then you can apply for direct entry in merchant navy.

Beside all the above you should be physically fit and have no any skin diseases and all. Then you are suitable to apply for this course.

GOOD LUCK
25th February 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

i am an ece final year student,what type of job am getting?
10th March 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

i am b.tech. In ECE. I want to do 1 year course in marine engineering. Which are the colleges offer this course
22nd March 2011, 09:56 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
First you should complete your graduation degree......with a minimum of 60% marks so that you would get preference on the basis of marks wherever required.
to enroll in the merchant navy ......you should fill in the form and sit for the entrance exam .
Some of the firms see your educational qualification if that is goo then they will directly recruit you.
Thanks.
7th May 2011, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

my son is BE (IT) is he eligible in merchant navy and what is his future in merchant navy

madhu, bhilai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?