19th October 2011, 12:53 AM
kamashi

How to apply for Merchant Navy after passing B.Com final year?

i am student of b.com pass final year nd i want to know that i completed my 12th with commerce how i can apply for job in merchant navy and what are the post and salary pacakage for commerce student in merchant navy?

19th October 2011, 09:01 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for Merchant Navy after passing B.Com final year?

yes you can go for merchant navy .......you have completed or going to complete graduation better option in same field is why dont you try for indian navy...........think on it..........and make decision.....

To become a merchant navy officer, one needs to be atleast 10+2 or a diploma holder...but you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board...............so if you want to go for MERCHANT navy you can.........

There will be 2 year course and successful completion you will be join merchant in either of departments
  • Deck
  • Engine
  • Catering

Age limit is depends on the basic qualification based on that you want to join merchant navy..
  • A candidates should be less than 20 years of age on the commencement of the course and should have minimum 60% of marks in P.C.M. at 10+2 level
  • or 55% marks in the B. Sc/B.com and should be below 22 years of age
5th November 2011, 01:52 PM
rudramishra

merchant navy is a very good job..its always recruits candidates with 60 percent in their twelvth.
eligibility
A candidates should be less than 20 years of age on the commencement of the course and should have minimum 60% of marks in P.C.M. at 10+2 level
or 55% marks in the B. Sc/B.com and should be below 22 years of age
19th November 2011, 02:45 AM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,

I have complite my B com final year 2011 i want to join marchent nave as a office rank can it will be happen but my age 26year can i apply marchent navy
27th November 2011, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir

I have complete my b com first year 2011 i want to join merchant navy and also i have state national certificate of sports can i join the merchant navy now??
27th November 2011, 10:07 AM
joshi.sanket

Hi sir,mam

I have complete my b com first year 2011. i have state national certificate of sports... can i join the merchant navy now?
17th December 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

i am intrested in merchant navy job. I have completed my engineering in computer science .
how can i apply
31st December 2011, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

bcom people can join in merchant navy
1st January 2012, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

i m a commerce student,nw in 1st year b.com... i wnt 2 knw hw 2 apply o join the merchnt navy....
i got 58% in 12,what are the reqiremnts for navy....????
1st January 2012, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

hi sir
i have completed my 12th last year nd got 58% in board....
i want 2 know dat hw 2 apply merchant navy and what are the reqiremnts for joining this....

thnking yu.....
20th January 2012, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

i completed my graduation with 2nd class but i am realy intrested for Merchant navy.. could you please help me. is there any oppertunities for B.com student in Merchant Navy..?
20th January 2012, 08:10 PM
amitchoudhary08

How to apply for Merchant Navy after passing B.Com final year?

DEAR

Yes you can join merchant navy

Merchant navy is very good job......but you have to score atleast 60% marks in 12th class.

1.>The cadidate should be less than 20 years .

2.> cadidate should got minimum 60% in phycics,chemistery, maths in 12th class.
3.>you also need 55% marks in B.COM.

There will be 2 year course and successful completion you will be join merchant in either of departments
Deck
Engine
Catering

You can choose anyone of these departments.

ALL THE BEST..

With regards,
Amit choudhary
29th March 2012, 06:49 PM
sunny a jadhav.

Red face Re: How to apply for Merchant Navy after passing B.Com final year.

hello sir/madam I have completed my graduation in ycmou (yashwantrao chavan maharashtra open university) is there any chances to join Marchant navy, If there is any chances sir/madam please send me a mail, sir/madam please, please you can send me mail on this mail ID [email protected] please, please.
31st March 2012, 10:45 PM
poole

To join the merchant navy first of all you need to have an degree in marine engineering or must have completed your pre-sea training. Thereafter you have the option to join either the Indian Shipping companies or join a foreign shipping company. By joining the Indian Shipping company you will mostly be required to travel near the Indian Continental. However there are some shipping companies which have requirements to travel to the western side. The foreign shipping companies do have there offices set up in the country, mostly in Mumbai. Foreign companies mostly offer better pay scales compared to Indian Shipping companies. Either ways you need to approach them with your qualifications. If found suitable they will have a contract with you. Some companies have contract for the period you will be sailing. You will need to renew your contract on rejoining. You need to collect the list of the companies and approach them directly.
17th April 2012, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

i have got 67 percent in graduation with pcm. I want to make career in merchant navy wht should i do ? Plz help me out. From where i can get form?
21st April 2012, 06:15 PM
indu_sarabhai

To join Indian Navy,there are two ways.They are

1.National Defense Academy(NDA) exams.

2.Combined Defense Academy(CDS) exams.

-->Both Conducts exams for selection of

1.Army

2.Navy

3.Air force

-->Both exams are conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) every year.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA exams :-

-->You should pass in 12Th from any recognized board.

-->Age limit is 16.5 to 19years.

-->You Must be a Indian Citizen.

-->Only Unmarried Male Candidates are allowed.
16th May 2012, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Hai My Name Hem I m reatil store manager & I want to join marchant navy. there some option for.
14th June 2012, 01:24 PM
Naganna.A.nandaragi

Naganna.A.nandaragi i am student of b.com pass final year in 2011 and i want to know that i completed my 12th with science how i can apply for job in merchant navy and what are the post and salary pacakage for commerce student in merchant navy?
14th June 2012, 01:30 PM
Naganna.A.nandaragi

Naganna.A.nandaragi i am student of b.com pass final year in 2011 and i want to know that i completed my 12th with science how i can apply for job in merchant navy and what are the post and salary pacakage for commerce student in merchant navy?
18th January 2013, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

[Mainoddin Mulla] am student of b.com pass final year nd i want to know that i completed my 12th with commerce how i can apply for job in merchant navy and what are the post and salary pacakage for commerce student in merchant navy?
19th January 2013, 10:50 AM
nileshsonavane

Thumbs up Re: How to apply for Merchant Navy after passing B.Com final year?

Eligibility for Merchant Navy is HSC with Science Stream with atleast 55 %

IMU ( Indian Maritime University) Conduct Entrance exam For Merchant Navy. As per the Score they allot the seats in Various DG Approved Institute

I would Suggest you to visit follwing website for reference

www.yakiims.com

This Institute has a Program For B. com Graduates those seeking for career in Merchant navy
31st March 2013, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

a girl can join the navy
1st April 2013, 01:48 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It would not be possible for you to apply for the Merchant Navy because you are commerce graduate. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard in the Science stream are eligible for the job in Merchant Navy.

The student should have completed 12th standard with PCM subjects to apply for the job in Merchant Navy. The job offered to 12th pass candidate is deck cadet. Before he can apply for the job a 3 months long pre sea course is required to be completed.

Generally this course is arranged by the company itself. After completing 12th you get the option to either go for deck cadet for continue with the education to apply for the better officer level jobs.

The officer level jobs are offered once the candidate has completed graduation. You should either apply for the Marine Engineering or the B.Sc Nautical Science course. Upon completing of any of these two courses you can make it into the Merchant Navy.

Eligibility

1. Candidate must pass 12th standard with PCM subjects.

2. The age limit is 20 to apply.

3. Five years relaxation is given to SC and ST.

4. Candidate should be Unmarried.

5. A Medical test is required to be passed.

Direct Entry

B.Tech graduates in Technology/Electrical/Mechanical are eligible for direct entry in Merchant Navy. You will have to complete 9 months long pre sea course in Marine Engineering.
8th April 2013, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,

I have complite my B com final year 2011 i want to join marchent navy can it will be happen but my age 30 year can i apply merchant navy
9th April 2013, 10:59 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamashi View Post
i am student of b.com pass final year nd i want to know that i completed my 12th with commerce how i can apply for job in merchant navy and what are the post and salary pacakage for commerce student in merchant navy?
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for Merchant Navy after passing B.Com in commerce stream.

For Merchant Navy the candidate must pass 11th and 12th with physics and maths.

You have other option like:-
> Civil Services
> India Army
> Income Tax Officer
> Bank P.O
> Indian Railways
etc

GOOD LUCK!
20th April 2014, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i have passed 12 by 45% only can i apply for Merchant Navy ??? pleas help ........... answer me
21st October 2014, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir i m study in class 12 with commarce stream i want to join merchant Navy can u help me??
2nd April 2016, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir
My aim is to join the merchant navy with commerce is it possible to join after B.com.
25th May 2016, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi! I am doing B.COM 2nd year and i had cleared 2 (commerce) with 80% marks but without maths so can i apply for merchant navy? If i can join then what type of job is available for commerce student and what are the salary packages. I really want to join a merchant navy. I will be really proud to join a merchant navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?