18th January 2012, 05:34 PM
pppadman

What are the necessary preparations required to qualify the GATE exam?

what necessity preparations that i have to do so that i can qualify gate exam.

21st January 2012, 06:45 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the necessary preparations required to qualify the GATE exam?

The GATE exam checks the candidates on their fundamentals. The test is mainly included with derivation questions. The candidates who are preparing for the GATE exam must choose the best study materials. It is better to discuss with the seniors about the reference books. Go through at least 5 books and note down the possible concepts. Try to solve as many problems as possible and also think about different ways to solve.
Some of the reference books are Discrete mathematics & its applications by Kenneth H. Rosen, An Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata by Peter Linz, GATE Solved Paper, etc.
23rd January 2012, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the necessary preparations required to qualify the GATE exam?

To get score in GATE, wheather it is necessary to join coaching classes or possible to study on own?
7th December 2012, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir,

I am doing AMIE and I have to clear 3 paper in ECE, so please guide me what is more suitable to do MBA or MTECH after it.
13th August 2013, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

i am in 3rd year (b tech) cse.. and i shall be writing the gate 2014 exam.
i want to attempt mock exams online, know my score and see what my rank would be..
please suggest me links for mock exams.
14th August 2013, 09:29 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering.It is an entrance examination conducted by the IIT + IISC for selection of candidates who are interested in pursuing master's degree in technology from IIT.

>>For this minimum of bachelor's degree in any desired discipline of engineering or technology is required .If you have done master's degree in physics ,mathematics then also you can appear for the exam.

Day by day the importance of GATE exam is increasing as large number of public sector companies have started to shortlist candidate based on GATE score card due to this competition is getting tough and it requires better preparation in order to crack the GATE exam.

GATE is an objective paper exam in which multiple choices are given for a question and negative marking is also applicable.

For better preparation of GATE exam you must join a good institute as they will guide in better way to achieve success in least possible time.

>>Try to build up strong and clear cut concepts of each and every topic of each subject which you read .

>>As the paper is objective ,you need to practice numerical problems more and more.

>>Go for the better reference books for each subjects.

>>Practice previous year papers.

>>Strong determination and hard labour with accuracy and precision is key to success in this exam.

MADE EASY is one of the best place to do your GATE preparation.For the reference books of your streams pleaseclick here

Hope the information helps you.If you have any more query regarding this then you can leave your message here.

All the best for your career .

aashisranjan784
15th August 2013, 09:34 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend......

Preparation for GATE exam:

GATE is considered as one of the toughest entrance exams of the country. To excel in the exam, you need to prepare will and your basics of engineering should be very clear. You will be asked many questions on basic concepts of engineering and innovations.

To get high percentile in GATE exam one has to prepare thoroughly by understanding the basic concepts of GATE exam. The Syllabus of the exam will remain same.

Students spend months to prepare for the exam.GATE is one such exam which tests you on your fundamentals.

Read different and Unique study material.It is really important while preparing for exam you read books written by various authors on various topics.The study of the books should be unique.

It is really important to solve the tricky questions.Only Discuss quality questions. Rather than solving simple questions and wasting your time, it is better that you spend more time on solving concept based questions.

Solve previous year's Papers. It is for understand the pattern of the exam and get familiar with it,aspirants should solve the previous years's papers of GATE exam.

Solve Mock Test Papers. you should solve as many papers as you can. Solve mock papers to understand the basic concepts and make you aware about what type of questions will be asked in the exam so try to solve as much papers as you can.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The Candidates will be given admission for M.tech. This exam will conducted once in a Year.

Eligibility:

One should have completed the Graduation in Engineering with any stream.

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduation course in Engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidate who are pursuing prefinal year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.

One can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the required academic criteria.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.

Subjects in GATE Examination :-

Aerospace Engineering

Agricultural Engineering

Architecture and Planning

Biotechnology

Civil Engineering

Chemical Engineering

Computer Science and Information Technology

Chemistry

Electronics and Communication Engg.

Electrical Engineering

Geology and Geophysics

Instrumentation Engineering

Mathematics

Mechanical Engineering

Mining Engineering

Metallurgical Engineering

Physics

Production and Industrial Engineering

Textile Engineering and Fibre Science

All the best..........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?