14th February 2012, 10:39 AM
madhura shashikumar

Is this possible to take Public Administration and Political Science as optional subjects for Main Exam?

sir, is it possible to take public administration and political science as optional for main exam

Related Questions:
  1. Which among sociology, public administration, psychology & political science is best for IAS preparations? Any better choice?
  2. Am i eligible to do M.A through private with any subject of Public Administration, Sociology, Political Science? I've done B.A with same subjects
  3. Can I select political science and public administration as optional subject for IAS mains
  4. How to apply for IRS? Syllabus of IRS and the selection procedure?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services recruitment exam for Political Science and Public Administration subjects being a B.Sc(IT) student of PTU?
  6. Which subject should I choose for IAS PT examination? I have completed B.E computer sciences
  7. How to become an IPS officer if I am a student of MBBS?
  8. Which subject should I read to become an IPS officer?
  9. Required Qualification for IAS?
  10. UPSC Civil Services Exams Eligibility with Gap Years in Graduation
  11. How to Prepare for IAS? Syllabus and Recommended Books?
  12. How to apply for IAS after passing engineering?
  13. Can I appear in NET Public Administration if done MA in Political Science? -- [New]
  14. Which NCERT books should I refer for optional subjects like History and Public Administration for UPSC exam?
  15. Is coaching required for IAS entrance exam? Can I take management and public administration as optional subjects?
  16. Can I do IAS after BBA? Will it be tough to clear IAS exams for BBA graduates? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is it a right decision to take up management and public administration as optional subject?
  18. If I am doing B.Tech IT can I do special subject for IPS?
14th February 2012, 12:01 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this possible to take Public Administration and Political Science as optional subjects for Main Exam?

Hi dear...............
The eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows.......

The subjects details are ............

Good luck.............
14th February 2012, 10:49 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this possible to take Public Administration and Political Science as optional subjects for Main Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhura shashikumar View Post
sir, is it possible to take public administration and political science as optional for main exam
No it is possible !!!

Let See the what are the combination are not allowed for IAS Main examination.

The following Combination are not allowed :-

>>Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
>>Commerce and Management
>>anthropology and Sociology
>>Maths and Statistics
>>Agricultural and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
>>Management and Public Administration
>>Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
>>Any two Branches of Engineering

So i think you are understand now !!! So be carefully for Selecting Subjects !!!

Let See the UPSC Optional Subjects for this examination :-

This year Civil Service Notification was already released and it is available in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper.

Important dates :-

~~Date of Notification :- 04.02.12
~~Last date for receipt of application :- 05.03.12
~~Date of Preliminary examination :- 20.05.12
~~Date of Main examination :- 05.10.12

More details,Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
15th February 2012, 12:28 AM
rvidyasagar

The notification for the Civil Services Examination has been already released by the UPSC. You can see the details from the UPSC website http://www.upsc.gov.in/ by clicking Examinations -> Current.

The Preliminary Examination is to take place on 20th May.

You have to select two optional subjects from a vast range of subjects, depending upon your past study, interest, etc.

You may note that Political Science and International Relations is one of the optionals. Public Administration is yet another optional. Hence, you may opt for these subjects if you are confident of handling these question papers.

Detailed syllabus for all the optional subjects is also available in the notification.

You may also note that previous three years' question papers are available in the website. You may go through them for better preparation.

All the best.
15th February 2012, 01:04 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Eligibility Criteria For I.A.S. ::

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification .

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

List of Optional Subjects for Main:

Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & veterinary Science, Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Adminstration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology.

literature of one of the following languages:

Arabic, Assamese, Bodo,Bengali, Chinesse,Dogri, English, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani,Maithili,Malayalam, Manipuri,Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Pali, Persian, Punjabi, Russian, Sanskrit,Santali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.

~regards~
priyo
27th August 2013, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

sir can i take public ad and poltical science together in up pcs main exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?