23rd January 2011, 02:57 PM
saikat chatterjee

Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

hello friends i am born in 02-08-1987 am i eligible to sit in iit 2012 what is the upper age limit

8th March 2011, 06:27 PM
HDeepakkumar

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

you can 2 attampts in iit jee.one with 12 class and other is next year.
9th March 2011, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

yaa.only two times u given iit exam...if year gap there then 22 years is not a boundary..
9th March 2011, 08:01 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

Dear friend,

Definitely you are eligible for IIT JEE,

1. The lower limit for IIT JEE is not mentioned.

2. The upper age limit for IIT JEE for GE, OBC and DS categories is 25
years.

3. Whereas the upper age limit for IIT JEE for SC, ST and PD categories is
30 years.

4. The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board/
Pre-University certificate will be accepted.

All the best bye bye........................................
9th March 2011, 08:20 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

The age limit for appearing in IIT-JEE is 25 years.
so yes you are eligible for next year... but is the last time you can write exam as after that
you will become 26 in next year....

For candidates belonging to SC, ST and PD categories, age limit is 30 years.

Also a candidate can take the JEE two times at the most.
This has been done mainly to reduce stress on students.........

your qualifying exam for IIT-JEE will be
  • If you are 12th class passout or appearing
  • else if you are diploma passout or appearing...

Either of these qualification will be consider...

One must score a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate that is 60% overall percentage including Physics,chemistry and Maths in your qualifying exam for GENERAL AND OBC..and 55% for SC/ST,PD...
9th March 2011, 09:06 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

NO, you are not eligible to sit for IIT-JEE because your age is 22 years.

Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IIT-JEE) is organized and conducted by Indian Institute of Technology.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IIT-JEE: -

1. A candidate pass 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

2. Age - 18 Years to 21 Years for General candidates, 18 Years to 24 Years for OBC candidates and 18 Years to 29 Years for SC / ST candidates.

3. A candidate can appear in the IIT-JEE two times only.

4. A candidates appearing in 10+2 examination can also apply for IIT-JEE.

Good Luck
9th March 2011, 12:30 PM
cricket007
Banned

Eligibility Criteria

Degree: M.Sc. [Full time]
Minimum Eligibility:
JAM Qualified candidates shall have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admission in IIT Delhi.

At least 55% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for General category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC/ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree.

For candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by IIT Delhi..

Minimum Educational Qualifications For Admission

M.Sc. (Chemistry)

Bachelor's degree with Chemistry as a subject for three years/six semesters and Mathematics at (10+2) level.

M. Sc. (Physics)

Bachelor's degree with Physics as a subject for at least two years/ four semesters and Mathematics for at least one year/two semesters.

M.Sc. (Maths)

Bachelor's degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least two years/ four semesters.

all the best ........................
9th March 2011, 01:05 PM

: Eligibility Criteria for IIT JEE 2010

The candidate should have date of birth after 1 October, 1986. This is belonging to For General Candidates, OBC and DC. The candidate of SC, ST and PD has some relaxation in date of birth eligibility criteria of 5 years. They fulfill the date of birth after 1 October 1981.

There is required a proof of date of birth and need to attach the proof of date of birth with application form. The date of birth can be verified by high school/Board Examination/ University certificated and mark sheet where date of birth is recorded.

Year of Passing Qualifying Examination: IIT JEE 2011 Eligibility Criteria

The candidates, who have passed qualifying examination in 1 October 2009 or 1 October 2010, can appear in IIT JEE 2011 examination. The candidate who are going to appear in qualifying examination after 1 October 2011, are not eligible for JEE 2011.

Minimum Percentage marks in Qualifying Examination: IIT JEE 2011 Eligibility Criteria

General, OBC and DC candidates are required secure the minimum of 60% marks in their Board examination and other qualifying examination.

SC, ST and PD candidates are required to secure minimum of 55% marks in respective examination.

Maximum Attempt for IIT JEE examination: IIT JEE 2011 Eligibility Criteria

A candidate can appear maximum of two times in consecutive years. This means a candidate who has appeared in jee 2010, can appear in jee 2011 exam.
9th March 2011, 01:37 PM
salman555

Smile Re: Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

Dear friend,,
The age limit for appearing in IIT-JEE is 25 years for general candidates and the relaxed age limit is 30 years for candidates belonging to SC, ST and PD categories. Since you are 22 years now you are eligible.
But the condition is the candidate can take the JEE two times at the most.
9th March 2011, 02:23 PM
agarwalnikita

To be eligible for admission through IIT JEE a candidate should have passed class 12th or equivalent with atleast 60% marks in aggregate.

There is 5% relaxation for SC/STs.

Besides that a candidate should not be more than 25 years.

For SC/STs a candidate should not be more than 30 years.
9th March 2011, 02:54 PM
asishkumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikat chatterjee View Post
hello friends i am born in 02-08-1987 am i eligible to sit in iit 2012 what is the upper age limit

The students born after 01.10.1987 are eligible for IIT 2012.
If they are SC, ST, PH candidates, then those students born after 01.10.1983 can able to write this exam.
You can visit the following site. This site is the site only meant for IIT JEE aspirants.
http://www.iitjee.org/
9th March 2011, 04:56 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

To Appear In IIT JEE Examination Your Age Should Not More Than 25 Years.

Because After 25 Years, You Cant Apply for IIT JEE Examination.

But As Per Your Given Date Of Birth, Your Age Is 24 Years, So, Dont Worry You Are Eligible to Appear for IIT JEE Exams.

But Its Your Last Chance, After Completing 25 You Can Not Apply for IIT JEE Examination.

Number of Attempts-

Candidates Can Attempt Only Two Times in This Entrance Exam.

Educational Qualification -

You Have To Scored Minimum 60% marks in 12th, If You Are GEN and OBC candidates.

And Minimum 55% marks in 12th, If You Belong To SC/ST/PD Category.

12th Appearing Candidates Are Also Apply for IIT JEE Examination.
9th March 2011, 05:14 PM
yogs.singh

as your date of birthday is 02-08-1987 so you can not appear for the iitjee 2012 exam.

go can have two attempts in iit jee exam ,one in 12th appearing and other after 12th.

educational qualification-

minimum 60% marks in 12th .
9th March 2011, 05:20 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

There are many constraints on which you will have to look like:
1) Birth Date Issue:
For GE and OBC categories, only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1986 are eligible to appear in JEE-2011. SC, ST, and PD candidates who are born on or after October 1, 1981 are eligible to appear in JEE-2011.

So Accordnig to it you are eligible.

2) Year of passing Qualifying Examination(QE) Issue:
A candidate must have passed the QE for the first time, on or after October 1, 2009 or will be appearing in 2011.

Those who are going to appear in the QE later than October 1, 2011 are not eligible to apply for JEE-2011.

This you will be required to check.
In case if you have appeared for your 10+2 exam before october 1,2009 then you will not be eligible.

Also you are allowed to have only 2 attempts for the exam & that too consecutive.

You can visit the below link to check the eligibility details:
Eligibility Criteria for IIT-JEE
9th March 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

per semester fees in b tech
9th March 2011, 05:31 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

eligibility :

age limit:

The date of birth of candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories is 25 years

Whereas the date of birth of those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories is 30 years

education:

Minimum 60% marks in 12th, If You Are GEN and OBC candidates.and 55% marks in 12th,
If You Belong To SC/ST/PD Category.

maximum time you can give this exam is only 2 times
9th March 2011, 06:24 PM
shubham957

Quote:
the upper age limit to give iit jee exam is 25 years.
there are only two attempts given for the exam and that too in the consecutive years.
so if you have not given the exam before, then you are eligible for the exam.
9th March 2011, 06:29 PM
kanikabansal22aug

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

The list of qualifying examinations is given below:

1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School CertificateExamination, New Delhi; etc.
2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
5. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
6. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
7. H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
9. 3 or 4-year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.

Age limit for general category is 25 years and it is relaxed by 5 years for SC,ST and others.

You can appear for only 2 attempts.
9th March 2011, 08:13 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

Quote:
-->You are Not Eligible for the Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)- JEE 2012 Exam,at that Time your Age will be 26 Years, if you are SC/ST/PH Candidate you are Eligible for Exam ,Since the Maximum Age for then is 30 years

General Information

-->If you have done your 12th Standard in 1 October 2011 or 1 October 2012 can appear in IIT-JEE 2012 Exam

-->Candidate you are going to appear the Qualification Examination after 1 October 2012 are not Eligible

All the Best

Rakesh Kumar.N
10th March 2011, 06:26 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Exclamation Re: Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

IIT JEE Query !!

Whenever you Born, Because there is no age Criteria For IIT JEE.

The only Thing that you have to consider is attempts and the Year of passing.

Only 2 attempts are permissible to every Candidate, One is at the Time when you are appearing for 12 boards. and

Next one is Next year of your 12 class pass i.e when you passed out 12th class.

For Example:- If a gauy appearing for 12th board in 2011 can write IIT JEE 2011 and 2012.

But i don't think so at this age you are Eligible because 1989 born guy at present is Not eligible So how can you be Eligible for 2012's IIT JEE being a 87 born Guy.
10th March 2011, 07:37 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

the upper age limit in IIT JEE
no age Criteria For IIT JEE.
The only Thing that you have to consider is attempts and the Year of passing.
Only 2 attempts are permissible to every Candidate, One is at the Time when you are appearing for 12 boards. and
Next one is Next year of your 12 class pass i.e when you passed out 12th class.
For Example:- If a gay appearing for 12th board in 2011 can write IIT JEE 2011 and 2012.
Year of passing Qualifying Examination(QE) Issue:
A candidate must have passed the QE for the first time, on or after October 1, 2009 or will be appearing in 2011.
Those who are going to appear in the QE later than October 1, 2011 are not eligible to apply for JEE-2011.
This you will be required to check.
In case if you have appeared for your 10+2 exam before october 1,2009 then you will not be eligible.
Also you are allowed to have only 2 attempts for the exam & that too consecutive.
The list of qualifying examinations is given below:

1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School CertificateExamination, New Delhi; etc.
2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
5. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
6. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
7. H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
9. 3 or 4-year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.

good luck
10th March 2011, 08:29 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

There is no age factor in IIT but you can give IIT exam only two times ONE Times with 12th and another time 2nd yr.this is give you in any age after 12th.if your attempts is remain then you can surely give this exam.
10th March 2011, 10:11 AM
baluii

if you pass 12th in 2010 you can write the exam of iit jee. oEvery person can attained exam 2 times only
10th March 2011, 10:15 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

for IIT JEE 2011 examination the eligibility criterion is given that for general category candidate whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1986 are eligible for IIT-JEE 2011. for SC/ST/PH candidate there is 5years age relaxation.

now form this you may expect that for IIT JEE 2012 the criterion will be the candidate whose birth date falls on or after October 1, 1987 are eligible for IIT JEE 2012 for general category candidate. now your birth date 2nd August, 1987. it is not on or after October 1, 1987. so if you are general candidate then may be you will not be eligible for IIT JEE 2012. if you belongs to reserved category then no doubt you will be eligible. but you should wait for the notification for IIT JEE 2012. there should be clearly mentioned about the eligibility criterion. according to the notification apply for IIT JEE if you are eligible.

also there are some other criterion to appear in IIT JEE examination. you should go through the information brochure of IIT JEE 2011 to get all details about this year IIT JEE examination and try to predict that you will be eligible for next year or not.

best of luck.
10th March 2011, 02:06 PM
Arvi.S

The upper age limit to sit for IIT JEE is 24 years
10th March 2011, 05:55 PM
URAJ SINGH SASAN

Yes,1 october 1986.
14th March 2011, 07:56 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

To be eligible for the IIT-JEE exam, you need to fulfill certain eligibility criterias, then only you can appear for it.

1.A candidate must be older than 25 years of age(30 years for SC/ST).

2.Only those candidates who have passes 10+2 exam in 2011(incase of the 2012 IIT-JEE) or will be appearing for the Higher Secondary exam in 2012(for IIT-JEE 2012) are eligible.

3.Minimum percentage required to be eligible is 60% aggregate with 60% in PCM.

4.Maximum permissible attempts is 2.

So if you fulfill the above criteria, then only you can appear, otherwise, you are not eligible.
28th March 2011, 01:39 AM
kkanika_14

Talking Re: Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

Yes you are eligible for IIT JEE.

The Upper Age Limit is -
25 years of age.

Candidate belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must be born on or after October 01, 1986 and those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must be born on or after October 01, 1981.
30th April 2011, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

i am born in 25-03-1987 am i eligible to sit aieee in iit 2012 what is the upper age limit
28th May 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th in 2010 and not given the exam of iit in 2010.but now i had given iit jee exam in 2011 as my first attempt. do my chances for iit jee exam are finished. i m only of age 18.
15th July 2011, 09:56 PM
umathkavi

If you will appear for 12th this year then you have 2 chances for JEE.

And if you have completed your 12th this year then you have 1 trial left for JEE.

But if you have completed your 12th in 2010 or before then you are not eligible to apply for IIT JEE.
15th July 2011, 10:50 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Am I eligible to sit for IIT JEE if my age is 22 years? What is the upper age limit in IIT JEE?

Quote:
Hey friend,

IIT JEE is Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam and the candidates who are eligible for the exam must satisfy the below criteria's:

Eligibility:

1. The education qualification needed is a pass in +2 with 60% aggregate.For SC/ST it is 55%.
2. The candidates must have done their higher in science stream with PCM
3. The candidates must have born on or after October 01, 1980 are eligible for the exam.
4. For SC/ST and PD candidates the upper age limit for them is 5 years from the prescribes limits.

The candidates must submit their physical fitness certificate.

The candidates is selected by 2 stages namely:

Screening Test
Main exam

Thank you.
20th August 2011, 07:40 PM
kameshsriram

the age limit to sit for JEE is 25 years for OC candidates .... as ur age is only
22 ,u can sit for the JEE 2012 although ur age will be 23 then....
u can sit for JEE consecutively for 2 years ... that means u should not give JEE
before......
26th August 2011, 07:53 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

years.

30 years.

8th September 2011, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12th exam in year 2006-07. But I got less than 55% marks in PCM in 12th. I belongs to SC category. also i am a female candidate. Am I eligible for IIT JEE?
10th September 2011, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth is May 16,1990. I am 21 years old. I belongs to SC category. I have passed my 12th in 2006-07. I got less than 55% in PCM. IIT JEE 2012 will be my 1st attempt, if I will be eligible. Am I eligible for IIT JEE 2012?
10th September 2011, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth is 16 may 1990. I am 21 years old. I have passed my 12th in 2006-07. I am female, SC candidate. I got less than 55% in 12th PCM. If I will apply for IIT-JEE 2012, this will be my 1st attempt for IIT-JEE. Am I eligible for IIT-JEE 2012?
22nd October 2011, 05:52 PM
MAGICBRICS

dear friend,

For IIT JEE age recuirement is 18 to maximum 25 years.

The age relaxation for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and those with Physical Disability (PD) is 3 years.

best of luck
23rd October 2011, 05:24 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

yes,
Of course you can sit for IIT JEE

Age criteria for IIT JEE :

The age of the candidate should be within 18 to 25 years.

Educational qualification :

The candidate should have PCM in 10+2 examination.
You should carry minimum 60 % marks in 10+2 examination

Some extra information are in the attachments
You should go through that
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iitjee.pdf(1.95 MB, 85 views)
File Type: pdf How_to_start_Preparation_For_IIT_JEE.PDF(102.3 KB, 88 views)
File Type: pdf IIT JEE.pdf(433.0 KB, 159 views)
23rd October 2011, 08:05 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility criteria for IIT-JEE exam:-

1.The candidate must have complete the 12th in science from a recognized central/state education board.

2.The candidate can appear in IIT-JEE exam twice in consecutive manner.

3.The candidate must have secure 60% aggregate through out the career.

4.The candidates age should not be more than 25 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

So, you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam..
All the best..
23rd October 2011, 08:27 PM
sanjibdebnath33

Yes you can appear. The upper age limit is 25.
23rd October 2011, 08:33 PM
sanjibdebnath33

Yes you can appear. The upper age limit for IIT-JEE is 25.
24th October 2011, 09:21 PM
leo-rocks

HI DEAR,

years.

30 years.

THANKS
24th October 2011, 09:24 PM
leo-rocks

HI DEAR,

years.

30 years.

THANKS
24th October 2011, 11:27 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Eligibility Criteria For IIT-JEE

In order to appear for IIT-JEE you need to fulfill the following conditions :-

1) You should have 60% or above in Physics,Chemistry and Maths in 12th boards

2) You are only eligible to appear in IIT-JEE twice..once in the year of passing of 12th and the other in the next consecutive year..

3) You should be within the age limit of 25 years..

If you successfully fulfill all the criterion simultaneously then you are definitely eligible for appearing in IIT-JEE

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
25th October 2011, 08:04 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

Criteria for IIT JEE Entrance exam:-

*Candidates must pass 12th science with Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics as a main subject.

*Secured 60% in 12th

*Age must be within 25 for General candidates
30 for SC/ST/PH candidates

maximum 2 times appeared IIT exam.

Important date of IIT JEE exam of 2012:-

So prepare well and crack this........
25th October 2011, 08:05 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

Criteria for IIT JEE Entrance exam:-

*Candidates must pass 12th science with Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics as a main subject.

*Secured 60% in 12th

*Age must be within 25 for General candidates
30 for SC/ST/PH candidates

maximum 2 times appeared IIT exam.

Important date of IIT JEE exam of 2012:-

So prepare well and crack this........
25th October 2011, 08:14 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
JEE exam is conducted for admitting students into the various engineering course in IIT .
The eligibility for appearing in the exam are
1. You must have completed your 10+2 exam with mathematics, physics and chemistry are your subjects
or
2.diploma from a institution recognised by aicte.
3. The age limit for appearing in the exam for the aspirant from general and obc category is maximum of 25 . For st and sc category it is 30.
Moreover the candidate can make only a maximum of two attempts.
You are eligible if you have the above required conditions all the best
25th October 2011, 10:04 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Quote:

Common IIT-JEE Eligibility Criteria
  • Educational Qualification- you must have either passed or appearing in class 12th or equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and maths as cumpulsory subjects.
  • Marks Criteria- For general and OBC candidate the least percentage is 60% and for SC/ST and PD candidate it is 55%
  • AGE Criteria- Your age should not cross above 25 years
  • Number of Permissible Attempts- 2 Successive attempts are permissible .

Since you are not crossing 25 years , you are eligible .

IIT-JEE 2012 Notification

With Regards
rchauhan294
25th October 2011, 11:42 AM
kavirajp

Quote:
Friend,
The upper age limit for open/obc candidates is 25 years and for SC./ST. candidate it is 30 years .But you can attempt iit-jee only two consecutive years. if you taken a gap after twelfth class exam it is allowed.but you can not take a gap between two iit-jee.
You are eligible if,
you have got min. 60% in 12th or equivalent in P.C.M. (physics,chemistry,maths) in respective board exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?