3rd March 2012, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to sit for the IIT JEE exam? I am a student of class 12th

sir,
I am a student of 12 class having an excident ...so i m unable to sit in the examination..due to fracture in rigt hand..can i sit iit after 12 year more preparation while ,I 1 more year in class 12...sir plz clear me could be i able to sit the exanmination of iit-jee after 2 year in [2014].

10th March 2012, 01:58 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am i eligible to sit for the IIT JEE exam? I am a student of class 12th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
I am a student of 12 class having an excident ...so i m unable to sit in the examination..due to fracture in rigt hand..can i sit iit after 12 year more preparation while ,I 1 more year in class 12...sir plz clear me could be i able to sit the exanmination of iit-jee after 2 year in [2014].

Eligibility For IIT JEE

In order to appear for the IIT JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) a candidate must satisfy the minimum eligibility criterion :-

1) The candidate must be within the age limit of 25 years

2) The candidate must have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics,Chemistry and Maths in 12th boards..

3) The candidate must be appearing for the 12th boards in the same year or should have passed out the 12th in the preceding year in which he/she is going to appear for the JEE

Since the number of attempts are counted from the year of your passing of 12th hence, you don't have to worry if you are not appearing for the 12th boards this year..

If you will be appearing for the 12th boards in 2013 then you are eligible for appearing for IIT JEE in 2013 and 2014 but if you appear for the boards in 2012 then you are eligible for appearing only in 2012 and 2013 but not i 2014..

Hope this information helps..

For more information on IIT JEE you can Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
10th March 2012, 02:19 PM
daisy malhotra

Default Re: Am i eligible to sit for the IIT JEE exam? I am a student of class 12th

hello dear.. its gud news 4 u that u can attempt for iit-jee in 2014 as well.. as the age criteria 4 it is 17 to 25 years.. n in it u may attempt only 2 tyms ... not after that if u are not cleared... all the best dear... i hope u'll clear.. gud luck... n most importantly take care of ur health..
10th March 2012, 02:53 PM
MohitBhardwaj

Default Re: Am i eligible to sit for the IIT JEE exam? I am a student of class 12th

You can appear in exam only twice after your 12th class. in your case you have two chance one in year 2012 and another in year 2013.

Best of luck and get well soon. Try your best to recover for accident and sit in exam if it is possible.

All the best
10th March 2012, 05:33 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IIT JEE-INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION is conducted in National level for admission to under Graduate course in Engineering and Architecture i.e. B.Tech. and B.Arch.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass securing 60% marks with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Central/State Board within the age of 17 to 25 years , id eligible to apply for IIT JEE.

For more information you may log on to www.iitjee.org
14th March 2012, 06:56 AM
tanu47

Dear,
U can appear in exam only twice after your 12th class. But in your case you have two chances one in year 2012 and another in year 2013.
Best of luck and get well soon. Try your best to recover for accident and sit in exam if it is possible.

Good luck.
7th June 2012, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

I AM SIXTEEN YEAR OLD.CAN I APPEAR FOR THE IIT-JEE
12th July 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

sir can a nios student also sit in iit jee exam.
23rd July 2012, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

will i show improvement result in iitjee 2013 exam?
28th February 2013, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

as iit jee is planning to change the pattern from 2014..then acording to that pattern,how much minimum % is needed by a student in class 12th from ICSE board...??????
1st March 2013, 02:41 AM
99_prabhat

Smile Re: Am i eligible to sit for the IIT JEE exam? I am a student of class 12th

Quote:
sir,
you can appear iit-jee entrance exam twice,first attempt you can make with your 12th and other attempt you can make after completing your 12th with any break.If you will take one year break after after your 12th then in that case you will not be able to take iit-jee exam.so,in your case you can appear next year i.e., in 2014.wish you good luck
1st March 2013, 04:29 PM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi...
Friends,

JEE Eligibility Criteria like ::
====================

*** The candidates must be complete 12th stand in any recognized board.

*** Your 12th stand with minimum 60 % of marks.

*** Your 12th stand main subjects,

Physics

Chemistry

and Maths.

*** Your age limit maximum 25 years.

All the best.......................
1st March 2013, 04:32 PM
Anubhavrath

hi..
candidate must have an age limit...below 25 years
candidate can appear IIT in consecutive years.....once you have appeared IIT exam..the very next year you can appear which will be your last chance of appearing in IIT
1st March 2013, 05:34 PM
MSTs
Member+

Quote:
as iit jee is planning to change the pattern from 2014..then acording to that pattern,how much minimum % is needed by a student in class 12th from ICSE board...??????
Hi,

For getting admissions in IIT youhave to appear for the entrance exams like IIT-JEE.
The minimum eligibility criteria requires for applying to the IIT-JEE is as follows :-
a) Must be a citizen of India.
b) Age Limit :-
For General & OBC Category :- A candidate who has born on or after 1st October 1987are not eligible for IIT - 2013
For SC-ST, PWD, Handicapped Category :- A candidate who has born on or after 1st October 1982 are not eligible for IIT - 2013.
c) Educational qualification :-
A candidate has to passed out 10+2 / Diploma (10+3) / Intermediate / Secondaryschool (NIOS) from a recognized board with a minimum of 60% aggregate.
Relaxation of 5% i.e 55% aggregate is applicable for SC/ST / PWD candidates.
Important dates of IIT Exam are as follows:-
Mains: April 7, 2013
Advanced: June 3, 2013
For getting admissions a candidate has to take two test i.e. Mains and Advanced for qualifying. Moreover the candidates who has cleared the exam and also fulfil the criteria of belonging to the top 20% of class 12 students will be eligible to write the IIT Advanced.

HOPE THIS ABOVE INFORMATION IS USEFUL TO YOU
ALL THE BEST
1st March 2013, 06:42 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

As you are a student of class 12th, in the final year of 12th you are eligible to sit for IIT JEE entrance exam.

IIT JEE - Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination conducted by IIT for admission to B.Tech. under Graduate Degree course in IITs.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60% marks from a recognised Board within the age of 17 to 25 years is eligible to apply for IIT JEE.

For more information one may log on to http://www.iitjee.org
10th April 2013, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for iit jee for the third time in 2014?
19th April 2013, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

I am 17 years old. iam going to complete my diploma in EEE by 2014. shall i eligible to write the IITJEE entrance exam?
2nd May 2013, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

hi......i appeared for the the 12th class exams in 2013 n was unable to make up to top 20 percentile students in our state board.....so i was unable to fulfill the criteria of of jee- advance 2013.....so i want to reappear for jee advance next year ....what can be the criteria for eligibility to iit for stuents like me????????? should i reappear for 11th n 12th board examzzz again????? or can the 2012 criteria for iit will be applicable to i.e. 60% aggregate marks in the board exam?????? plss answer ...this is very important to me.....
5th May 2013, 12:37 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
sir,

Dear friend,

IIT-JEE is one of the most prestigious and toughest engineering entrance exam in India.

Every year about 4.5 lakhs aspirants appear for IIT-JEE exam about 9600 secure seats in IITs.

Successful Candidates in IIT-JEE Exam get seats in IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IT-BHU.

IIT-JEE Exam gives two consecutive chances to crack it.

As you have missed one chance of appearing in 2012, so you will not be able to appear in 2013 also.

Because 2013 is not consecutive, as you have missed 2012.

Now, IIT-JEE Exam has been renamed as JEE Advanced.

For appearing in JEE Advanced Exam, one has qualify JEE Mains Exam as well.

JEE Mains will be conducted by CBSE before 2 months of JEE Advanced Exam.

For more information, regarding JEE Mains visit: http://jeemain.nic.in

For more information, regarding JEE Advanced Exam visit: http://jee.iitd.ac.in

Some of the good books that would help you for the preparation of JEE Mains and JEE Advanced are:

35 Year IIT-JEE + 11 Year AIEEE Topicwise Solved Paper Chemistry
by O. P. Agarwal, Deepak Agarwal
Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)
Price: Rs. 263

35 Years IIT-JEE + 11 Years AIEEE Topicwise Solved Papers Physics
by Sunil Batra

35 Years IIT-JEE + 11 Year AIEEE Topicwise Solved Papers Mathematics (Paperback)
by Mamta Batra
28th May 2013, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

sir my date of birth is 1995 and i am in 10th classin 2013 can i give exam of iit jee advance 2015. please sir tell me
1st June 2013, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

i'm gating 349 marks in 12th cbse exam in 2013. i'm not in 20 parsentile can i'm improv our maeks in 2014
4th June 2013, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE SECURED 447 MARKS FOR SIX SUBJECTS i.e english: 71
maths:57,physics:69,chemistry:76,computer science:85,telugu:89.
am i eligible for iit jee advanced
4th June 2013, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

sir
I have secured 447 marks for six subjects in cbseboard 2013
i.e english :71
maths:57
physics69
chemistry:76
computerscience:85
telugu;89
am i eligible for iit jee advanced 2014?
10th June 2013, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 69.17% in 2013 maharashtra board exams and I belong to sc category.i have given jee advanced 2013 but my exam was not so good to get qualify for this year but I want to reappear for next year so what will be critetia for next year I.e 2014? Can I take admission to bsc course this year rather than taking gap or I cant .plz reply sir fast I am waiting plzzzzz
17th April 2020, 07:05 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

The eligibility criteria for IIT is
Candidate who have passed 12 standard with at least 50% in physics, chemistry and mathematics
Students who are appearing for 12 standard are also eligible for the exam
Yes ,you can still sit for the exam next year while appearing for your 12 standard
19th April 2020, 11:05 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

---Yes,any candidate who passed 12h with minimum of 50-60%Mark's in PCM as a main subjects in a recognized board.

:- age not less than 18 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?